User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina's and LCW's auction..I find it funny actually...lol..

And looks like ESPN is actually going to air it...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I have seen an article in that it was said that there would not be any time for franchisee/player meeting for team building. Straight from the world championships, players would have only 3 days left. And also, if LCW wins the world championships, then it would be difficult for him to come back to India on time since the celebrations in malaysia will go overboard. Franchises need to form a table for allocating the players for the correct category. I wonder if the author of the blog might even know about the player's history in badminton. Juliane might have won saina in her last encounter. Saina is 8-3 H2H against Juliane i think. The author's insight on the sport seems to me immature and biased .
    Yeah i meant fixed on the night or non fixed i.e after each individual game(ms-ws etc) they can put who they want on or would the order and whole team be announce at the start of the night?

With regards to Saina and Schenk. 8-4HH record. Saina is playing world champs and might go deep, she will probably bring small injuries to IBL where Schenk will be fresh, he did say that. The authors insight in this case is completely logical. Seriously the irony "immature and biased" you make joke yes

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yeah i meant fixed on the night or non fixed i.e after each individual game(ms-ws etc) they can put who they want on or would the order and whole team be announce at the start of the night?

With regards to Saina and Schenk. 8-4HH record. Saina is playing world champs and might go deep, she will probably bring small injuries to IBL where Schenk will be fresh, he did say that. The authors insight in this case is completely logical. Seriously the irony "immature and biased" you make joke yes
    The author is from Denmark i think. He was on complete support for Denmark MD players. This is franchisee's decision to buy whom and invest how much.? He gone one step further saying something like this.."Even Joachim Fischer, who is an outstanding team player, would no doubt benefit from playing with Christinna Pedersen instead of Ponnappa"- Did Joachim came and said to the author something like that??? .This IBL is purely based on the principle to give indian players some exposure against top class players and sharing their experiences and having one on one talk between them. This is not normal tournament where you will expect or demand for a particular partner to increase their comfortlevel . Then how come indian players get that experience??. They should know that IBL is mainly for Indian players to get experience in a multi-dimensional team.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    The author is from Denmark i think. He was on complete support for Denmark MD players. This is franchisee's decision to buy whom and invest how much.? He gone one step further saying something like this.."Even Joachim Fischer, who is an outstanding team player, would no doubt benefit from playing with Christinna Pedersen instead of Ponnappa"- Did Joachim came and said to the author something like that??? .This IBL is purely based on the principle to give indian players some exposure against top class players and sharing their experiences and having one on one talk between them. This is not normal tournament where you will expect or demand for a particular partner to increase their comfortlevel . Then how come indian players get that experience??. They should know that IBL is mainly for Indian players to get experience in a multi-dimensional team.
    You have misunderstood what he has written. He covered that he thought there was different ways in which putting the teams together might have been concluded. Star factor(promotion) v talent and was very clear about not being sure each teams motives were, he did not insult that

Then he say "There are a number of factors to consider putting a winning team together"
    So now he is purely basing his opinion on if he were to try and put a team together solely based on trying to win the league and not any of the other stuff that is important to this league.
    He was trying to get the point across that buying one star doubles player is not really going to cut it for winning as there is only so much one player can carry a doubles pair again for his idea of a winning team. Also the thing you say about Fischer is silly. Of course he would be better playing with his long term partner that he trains with day in day out with for the purposes of winning.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyhow, it is a good thing for a sport like badminton in india. Giving chances for young players to improve their levels and experience in this league by mingling with many world class players all around in a single team, they have done an excellent job. Hopefully, they use the maximum benefit of it and give fruitful results for their nation and increase the chances of getting many titles and bring laurels to the country and their coaches.
    I miss WD category here. From next edition onwards, i hope that atleast they will plan for the best and give importance to WD as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get the ladies double into play, it might be a good suggestion to look to Denmark [Biased ;-)] Where six matches is played MS1 & 2 and one in each of the other categories. If 4-2 or better the winning team gets 3 matchpoints loser gets zero. If 3-3 then the match is decided in golden set. One set to 21 points. the teams in turn deselect categories until only one is left. You can select any player(s) you like to the golden set. Match then ends 4-3 and winning team is awarded 2 matchpoints and loser gets 1 matchpoint. Very interesting and exciting.
    I

@sporpion1
    why participate in a tournament if winning isn't somehow a priority?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpert View Post
    To get the ladies double into play, it might be a good suggestion to look to Denmark [Biased ;-)] Where six matches is played MS1 & 2 and one in each of the other categories. If 4-2 or better the winning team gets 3 matchpoints loser gets zero. If 3-3 then the match is decided in golden set. One set to 21 points. the teams in turn deselect categories until only one is left. You can select any player(s) you like to the golden set. Match then ends 4-3 and winning team is awarded 2 matchpoints and loser gets 1 matchpoint. Very interesting and exciting.
    I

@sporpion1
    why participate in a tournament if winning isn't somehow a priority?
    Ofcourse winning is a priority. But they have to look for all other options as well. Instead of having two players from the same country for playing doubles, they can go for one from Intl and having one from india to play XD and this will greatly improve indian player's experience . Am i right?? Denmark's MD player is very experienced and at the top level. This will be a great thing for that team to have such a kind of player. Aswini definitely will get a great experience from this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kido 15,500 mixed/doubles
    boe 50,000 doubles
    mogensen 50,000 doubles
    ashwini 25,000 mixed
    fischer 35,000 mixed/doubles
    sindu 80,000 ws
    Rasika Raje 3,000 ws sub.
    h.s prannoy 16,000 ms
    2 free ms under 19

This is how I would have spent my money based on what we know of prices/players for winning purposes. (just for fun)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My money would have been onto:
    Indian Ajay Jayaram (MS) 25,000
    Intl Nyugen tien Minh (MS) 44,000
    Intl Tai Tzu Ying (WS) 25,000
    Intl Vladimir Ivanov(MD) 15,000
    Intl Joachiam Fischer Nielsen(MD,XD) 35,000
    Indian Akshay Dhanwalkar (MD) 36,000
    Indian Ashwini(XD) 25,000

Looks like I can afford Saina or LCW now when I started frugal but wait the auction is already over and the set of players I have in the list gives me pretty much confidence... but I would like to save some money in my pocket.
    Last edited by gopalprasad; 07-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    My money would have been onto:
    Indian Ajay Jayaram (MS) 25,000
    Intl Nyugen tien Minh (MS) 44,000
    Intl Tai Tzu Ying (WS) 25,000
    Intl Vladimir Ivanov(MD) 15,000
    Intl Joachiam Fischer Nielsen(MD,XD) 35,000
    Indian Akshay Dhanwalkar (MD) 36,000
    Indian Ashwini(XD) 25,000

Looks like I can afford Saina or LCW now when I started frugal but wait the auction is already over and the set of players I have in the list gives me pretty much confidence... but I would like to save some money in my pocket.
    if i join the auction
    do u think u can get TTY at this price?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    if i join the auction
    do u think u can get TTY at this price?
    limsy!! I am bewildered and shocked!!!
    How can you even think of trying to bid for your beloved TTY???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mixed reaction to player auction for inaugural Indian Badminton League

Published on Jul 25, 2013
    12:17 AM

Purchase this article for republication
    Buy SPH photos

NEW DELHI (AP) - The organisers of an upcoming franchise-based badminton league in India say the hefty sums received by local players in an auction this week are a sign of their rising profile internationally and will only increase interest in the tournament.
    "I'm disappointed that top players like Boonsak Ponsana and Kenichi Tago were not bid for," Indian Badminton League chief executive Ashish Chadha told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
    "But the franchises are happy to have bought Indians who have been pulling off some creditable wins in big tournaments."
    The league will be played from Aug 14-31 in a mixed format featuring six franchise teams - Delhi Smashers, Hyderabad Hotshots, Mumbai Masters, Pune Pistons, Awadhi Warriors and Banga Beats.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully the Indian Badminton League will expand India's sporting horizons

Jul 24, 2013, 12.00AM IST

The successful players' auction for the much-awaited Indian Badminton League (IBL) represents a massive boost for the sport in India. There is no denying that the country has produced some excellent shuttlers in the past - the likes of Prakash Padukone and Pullela Gopichand ranked among the best in the world - and can currently boast of a crop of talented young players, including women's World No. 3 Saina Nehwal. However, Indian badminton lacks the resources and heft to dominate the sport like Chinese badminton has in recent years. And in a country obsessed with cricket, it is often treated in a step-motherly fashion by authorities and sponsors alike.

---------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...istons-the-ibl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To What Extent Can the IBL raise standards of Indian players

Notice the change in team name of Awadhi Warriors from Lucknow Warriors.

IMO, I'm not so sure to what extent this league can help to upgrade standards of Indian players. Interaction and communication with the better foreign players is one thing, but practising with them over long periods is another, the latter to me being the more relevant and useful.

Recently we have seen many Indian players failing to reach even the QF of many tournaments. Of course SN, being WR2 is the exception, but then she also faltered on a few occasions, losing to lower-ranked players.

It seems to me that the gambling element is more popular and dominant. Maybe the IPL for cricket has something to do with it and people are looking to the money side, or how to make more money from the new IBL than raising badminton standards.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashish Chadha, CEO of Sporty Solutionz, said:“I am disappointed with the Some top players (World No.4 Ratchanok Intanon and Boonsak Ponsana, Indonesian Top-10 names like Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Tommy Sugiarto besides World No.5 Japanese Kenichi Tago and Danish ninth ranked Jan O Jorgensen) remained unsold way the auction went. We tried so hard to bring these players on board but no teams came up to pick them. But I can understand the franchises point of view. They also can’t help as these players are not available for the entire event,

So, Now the reason behind the entire left out drama came out. i.e. These players would not be available for the entire event. As franchises expected their players to be with them for the entire event.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    limsy!! I am bewildered and shocked!!!
    How can you even think of trying to bid for your beloved TTY???
    why not if i own a franchisees and participate in the auction?
    just to play for my team.
    what are u thinking?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    why not if i own a franchisees and participate in the auction?
    just to play for my team.
    what are u thinking?
    A thousand pardons, sir!
    It appears I have misjudged you!
    If however, you have the financial muscle to become one of the franchises, shouldn't you instead be buying out BAM and turning things around there?

But I get your point. Actually, I'm sure TTY would play for free for your franchise, just as thanks for being "No. 1 fan."

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast