User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    It is a pretty big insult to spend 50% of your budget on your MS1 only to find other teams are only going to put their second rate shuttler up against him and save their MS1 to play Marc. The insult is to put the lowly Indian MS against him instead of WKW
    According to me, WKW is a class lower compared to Sai Praneeth and K.Srikanth though his ranking is high compared to these both . Team's insight about their potential is mind blowing. Respective rates of these players proves this .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I hope that wasn't a piece of ghost writing. No author credits. Schenk is in HK - wonder how an indian based reporter got to speak with to her. And she isn't playing in the world championships as far as I know....
    Atleast as far as i know, hongkong is not out of milky way galaxy so that nobody in the world can reach it...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yes sorry, I keep forgetting that this league is a business/coaching exercise with a strange side effect of some sort of competition that is supposed to be happening
    You also should not forget that it is the only league in the world which cares about players (especially international players) when all other leagues care about themselves .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpert View Post
    @scorpion1 you keep saying two team matches, but as far as I can see there is only one tie between each franchise before the semifinal. There is no such thing as home and away matches.
    correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yep. You are correct. Only one tie between each team the semifinal. I was thinking about IPL while writing it.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 07-31-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    You also should not forget that it is the only league in the world which cares about players (especially international players) when all other leagues care about themselves .
    Don't forget that some players care only for themselves and make it difficult for their respective NAs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to me, WKW is a class lower compared to Sai Praneeth and K.Srikanth though his ranking is high compared to these both . Team's insight about their potential is mind blowing. Respective rates of these players proves this .
    Any H2H to justify your perception?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juliane Schenk praises Pullela Gopichand ahead of Indian Badminton League

http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/b...dminton-league

EXCERPTS:

World number four Juliane Schenk has heaped praise on Pullela Gopichand, saying the chief coach of India is doing a "great job" in helping young shuttlers perform at world stage.

Schenk, who won the the bronze medal at the last edition of World Championship in London, will turn up for Pune Pistons in the inaugural Indian Badminton League and hoped that the tournament would set a new benchmark for the sport.

"Badminton has huge potential and the IBL is setting new standards. Gopichand (India's chief coach) is doing a great job with the players and an increasing number of Indians are now emerging into the world tour and challenging the more established and experienced players. PV Sindhu, Srikanth, Sai Praneeth and HS Prannoy are all doing well lately," she said.

"I think one of the biggest challenges (during the IBL) will be to form a strong team with different players from different countries," she said.

"Getting the team into the rhythm with hectic travelling will be the key. The team which can connect the players and the coaches well with each other will stand a good chance of winning."

The 30-year-old German, who is training for the World Championship in China next month with an acclimatization programme in Hong Kong, said she is looking forward to playing against Indian players in India.

"I have many good memories of playing in India and I'll simply try my best to enjoy each match and also help my team-mates perform. But yes, playing Indian players on home soil will always be challenging as they won't lack any motivation," she said.

"For the first time in badminton history, there is a league where teams can bid for players and buy them at an auction. The IBL opens up the market and brings a new perspective not only to the players, but also to the sport in general."

"The concept of auctioning players is common in soccer and cricket, but the IBL has introduced an interesting dimension to badminton by creating a new value for players in the market," added Schenk

The Indian Badminton League is set to be held from August 14 with Krrish Delhi Smashers taking on Pune Pistons in the opener. The inaugural IBL will feature six franchises and will run for 18 days.

Each franchise will host a two-day leg with a total of 90 matches. The top four franchises in the league stages will clash in the semifinals and the winners will meet in the final on August 31 in Mumbai.
    Frankly, it is no surprise for JS to sing praises of the IBL and Gopi as she is the highest paid women foreign player at $90k with Pune Pistons, second only to SN ($120k) and just ahead of Sindhu ($80). JS earns more than twice as much as international teammates NTM (VIE $44k) and JFN (DEN $35k). Retired TB (DEN) came second highest paid with $30k only among the women internationals.

The better known women Thai players like Nichaon Jindapon and Sapsiree are paid $15k each and the Indonesian men players are also paid about the same, TH ($15K) and MK ($15.5k), both ex-Olympic champions. Even the better known TTY (TPE) is paid only $25k, less than retired TB.

Except for WR1 LCW (highest $135k, probably to make the IBL more marketable commercially) all the other Asian players are paid relatively lower based on their world rankings. Even then, they are paid much less than JS, such as KKK, TBH (both MAS) and HY (HKG), $50k each!

Whereas local player P.Kashyap is paid $75k against only $15k paid to Marc Zweibler (GER), as someone has mentioned a distorted steal.

JS praised the IBL as a "league where teams can bid for players and buy them at an auction" but look at what the league pays to some of the international players, many of whom are auctioned at a lower price than the lower-ranked Indian players! Yes we have been given an explanation on the disparity but if the IBL wants to expand and become more international, it cannot continue to treat the higher-ranked internationals as inferior by paying them lower salaries. Especially when it wants to telecast the series worldwide. This goes against self-worth and meritocrasy!

JS is out of the German national team for personal reasons and is an independent player who will need the financial support of sponsors of various kinds, including the IBL. She is not included in the WC as reported above. So we can understand where she is coming from.

But disparity does exist and until such issues are properly addressed, I'm not sure how the IBL will finally turn out.
    Last edited by Loh; 08-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me?? Indonesia Superliga is known as we are caring international players...until now..we have 4 foreign teams begging to be invited back for next year Superliga...Tine Baun, LYD, Schenk, Marin, LHI, Sung Ji Hyun plusnsome Chinese players will be in Indonesia Superliga...our hospitality is second to none so far.....hehehe

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Excuse me?? Indonesia Superliga is known as we are caring international players...until now..we have 4 foreign teams begging to be invited back for next year Superliga...Tine Baun, LYD, Schenk, Marin, LHI, Sung Ji Hyun plusnsome Chinese players will be in Indonesia Superliga...our hospitality is second to none so far.....hehehe
    Begging to be invited?? Lol.

Is there any transparent system in superliga where players' remuneration is publicly visible and open auction system.?? Top chinese players accepted to participate the superliga??
    Last edited by scorpion1; 08-01-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Frankly, it is no surprise for JS to sing praises of the IBL and Gopi as she is the highest paid women foreign player at $90k with Pune Pistons, second only to SN ($120k) and just ahead of Sindhu ($80). JS earns more than twice as much as international teammates NTM (VIE $44k) and JFN (DEN $35k). Retired TB (DEN) came second highest paid with $30k only among the women internationals.

The better known women Thai players like Nichaon Jindapon and Sapsiree are paid $15k each and the Indonesian men players are also paid about the same, TH ($15K) and MK ($15.5k), both ex-Olympic champions. Even the better known TTY (TPE) is paid only $25k, less than retired TB.

Except for WR1 LCW (highest $135k, probably to make the IBL more marketable commercially) all the other Asian players are paid relatively lower based on their world rankings. Even then, they are paid much less than JS, such as KKK, TBH (both MAS) and HY (HKG), $50k each!

Whereas local player P.Kashyap is paid $75k against only $15k paid to Marc Zweibler (GER), as someone has mentioned a distorted steal.

JS praised the IBL as a "league where teams can bid for players and buy them at an auction" but look at what the league pays to some of the international players, many of whom are auctioned at a lower price than the lower-ranked Indian players! Yes we have been given an explanation on the disparity but if the IBL wants to expand and become more international, it cannot continue to treat the higher-ranked internationals as inferior by paying them lower salaries. Especially when it wants to telecast the series worldwide. This goes against self-worth and meritocrasy!

JS is out of the German national team for personal reasons and is an independent player who will need the financial support of sponsors of various kinds, including the IBL. She is not included in the WC as reported above. So we can understand where she is coming from.

But disparity does exist and until such issues are properly addressed, I'm not sure how the IBL will finally turn out.
    You keep on singing the same lullaby when many members of this BC such as @depleter @cobalt and myself everybody explained clearly about the situation and why they have been paid in such a way etc in many situations in this thread from the starting onwards . So.... I request you to look into those paragraphs for your query.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You keep on singing the same lullaby when many members of this BC such as @depleter @cobalt and myself everybody explained clearly about the situation and why they have been paid in such a way etc in many situations in this thread from the starting onwards . So.... I request you to look into those paragraphs for your query.
    Again you got me wrong.

I'm responding to the article which you posted when JS say many "good things" about the IBL. She was even reported wrongly as preparing for the WC, giving the impression that she will be a participant.

As I've said, we have been told of the intentional motive behind the disparity in salaries between the locals and foreigners and we have to excuse such shortcomings since the IBL is something new. What I'm saying is that this cannot continue to be the case if the IBL is to become truly international, fair and transparent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again you got me wrong.

I'm responding to the article which you posted when JS say many "good things" about the IBL. She was even reported wrongly as preparing for the WC, giving the impression that she will be a participant.

As I've said, we have been told of the intentional motive behind the disparity in salaries between the locals and foreigners and we have to excuse such shortcomings since the IBL is something new. What I'm saying is that this cannot continue to be the case if the IBL is to become truly international, fair and transparent.
    Do you really think that paying $135,000 to LCW alone could do better in marketing in India?? Lol. I don't wanna start from the beginning to explain everything here. Let it be. Again the same song..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really think that paying $135,000 to LCW alone could do better in marketing in India?? Lol. I don't wanna start from the beginning to explain everything here. Let it be. Again the same song..

Ah but there is another aspect to it.

LCW's presence not only contributes to the marketing effort, especially to the international marketplace, but to help raise local standards and stature!

When Indian fans become more internationalized, they look to bigger names than SN, Sindhu and Kashyap. And if the local heroes cannot deliver in the international stage, how long can the IBL last?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Atleast as far as i know, hongkong is not out of milky way galaxy so that nobody in the world can reach it...
    Well get your reporter to add a correction to the article.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Well get your reporter to add a correction to the article.
    That's not my duty and also he is not 'my' reporter . He/she would have posted what Schenk has told them. Not only one article did mention about Juliane's interview. So many articles are there. Hence, no need to worry about it further. As far as i know juliane is training with malaysian WS players as a spare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not my duty and also he is not 'my' reporter . He/she would have posted what Schenk has told them. Not only one article did mention about Juliane's interview. So many articles are there. Hence, no need to worry about it further. As far as i know juliane is training with malaysian WS players as a spare.

Oh really? JS sang the same "I love IBL" song to many reporters.

You should have chosen the more appropriate and more accurate one!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? JS sang the same "I love IBL" song to many reporters.

You should have chosen the more appropriate and more accurate one!
    Yep. Really. She did sing a song "I love IBL". .. Do you have problem with her voice??

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast