User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2cents, you answered your own question with the first sentence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And seriously though... I am sorry but I am kind of fed up with all this "this concept is gonna fail for sure" .....Well...some said directly and some said indirectly ....But nobody ever even gave a chance for the tournament to start to see how it goes....All the 30 pages discussion in this thread seemed like how to undermine the tournament and seemed like nobody even cares about what it brings to the table at the end of the day....Well..yeah, I accept that the management had it's fair share of flaws with no clear information and some over the top boasting of itself, but people are only seeing them but not actually looking at the big picture....Well, if the tournament and the concept really fails..the you can freely say it has flopped, but if you read from the start of this thread it seemed like people wanted it to flop even before it started....

Well whatever, my rant is over, so take care.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    So, at least to me, Indian Badminton League sounds like a subjective show for local pop stars, instead of objective sports competition.

As Indians don't even know the names of Lee CW, Lin D, Chen Long, why not just choose Marc ZWIEBLER who is good enough to handle all Indian players, but cost only $15k comparing to PARUPALLI Kashyap $75k

by the way, Zwiebler holds winning head to head to almost all indian players:

Marc ZWIEBLER (ranked 14) vs PARUPALLI Kashyap (ranked 17) - 2:0

Or they can even choose Xue Song, ranked 147th, but head to head winning records.
    This is something like personal attack on IBL before even thinking about what CBSL is doing at present.. Lol. IBL is much more better in any ways than CBSL, where you can find only unknown chinese faces.. But IBL has given so much space to foreign nationals including many(nearly 24 players). I bet you to show me "how many foreign nationals you people invited to participate". If you have source with number of participants from different countries, just show us so that we will be able to clearly validate the both.. .. You are talking about H2H between players here. Recently, world no. 12 Sindhu has beaten defending champion world no.5(former world no.1) in straight sets in front of home crowd. Here in this case H2H worked out??. Complete failure.??? So, before talking about IBL, i want you to show me some proof about CBSL with number of foreign players with their complete salary etc. Then we will discuss further things..

CBSL is the only one sounds like a subjective show for local pop stars, instead of objective sports competition .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly what I want to know

Is India really interested in badminton? IBL will give us the answer

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/are-indians-really-interested-in-badminton-ibl-will-give-us-the-answer-1026437.html

These are heady days for Indian badminton. Three players reached the quarterfinals in the recent World Championships – with PV Sindhu winning bronze in the women’s singles. Sindhu beat the defending champion Yihan Wang on her way to the semi-finals, while P Kashyap beat World No 6 Yun Hu before falling in the quarter-finals in a tight match.

If there was one disappointment, it was Saina Nehwal’s defeat in the quarterfinals, which meant a World Championship medal continues to elude her. Nehwal, though, has been hampered by injuries this year and as her fitness goes, so does her confidence, explained journalist Abhijeet Kulkarni.

“Somewhere since the London Olympics, she has suffered quite a few injuries and that has affected her confidence,” he said. The result is Saina struggles to claw her way back when she is down because she is unsure of how her body is going to hold up.

On the credit side of the ledger is Sindhu’s growing consistency and confidence. Sindhu’s height means she can take the attack to the Chinese while Saina has to play a more defensive game.

Kulkarni also pointed out India’s male badminton players, be it Prakash Padukone or Pullela Gopichand, tended to mature later. So that bodes well for Kashyap, who should continue to get better.

The Indian Badminton League, set to start on 14 August, will also give the Indian players more opportunities to test themselves against the world’s best. It will also pit Saina against Sindhu for the first time in their professional career. They will go head-to-head on Independence Day in what will be the most anticipated match for any Indian fan.

The league should also serve as a barometer for the depth of support for badminton in India, Kulkarni said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    This is something like personal attack on IBL before even thinking about what CBSL is doing at present.. Lol. IBL is much more better in any ways than CBSL, where you can find only unknown chinese faces.. But IBL has given so much space to foreign nationals including many(nearly 24 players). I bet you to show me "how many foreign nationals you people invited to participate". If you have source with number of participants from different countries, just show us so that we will be able to clearly validate the both.. .. You are talking about H2H between players here. Recently, world no. 12 Sindhu has beaten defending champion world no.5(former world no.1) in straight sets in front of home crowd. Here in this case H2H worked out??. Complete failure.??? So, before talking about IBL, i want you to show me some proof about CBSL with number of foreign players with their complete salary etc. Then we will discuss further things..

CBSL is the only one sounds like a subjective show for local pop stars, instead of objective sports competition .
    Do you think before you write? How can IBL be better than CBSL already when the tournament hasn't even kicked off yet? IBL had to give up space to foreign players otherwise it wouldn't work! India doesn't have the same strength in depth that China has in order for them to have a league without foreigners participating.

Deluded.

6. Likes Loh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Do you think before you write? How can IBL be better than CBSL already when the tournament hasn't even kicked off yet? IBL had to give up space to foreign players otherwise it wouldn't work! India doesn't have the same strength in depth that China has in order for them to have a league without foreigners participating.

Deluded.
    Even without any strength, 18 year old girl was able to beat defending world champion , where is your strength now...

You also think before you write??
    Last edited by scorpion1; 08-14-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even without any strength, 18 year old girl was able to beat defending world champion , where is your strength now..
    Are you actually being serious? You're forgetting that Sindhu lost her next game to another 18 year old, so where is YOUR strength now?

Saina has lost to a number of players outside the top 20 recently yet you're claiming one result as gospel. Well done you *claps sarcastically*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you actually being serious? You're forgetting that Sindhu lost her next game to another 18 year old, so where is YOUR strength now?

Saina has lost to a number of players outside the top 20 recently yet you're claiming one result as gospel. Well done you *claps sarcastically*
    We never said that we are superior power in badminton. You only said that china is superior power in badminton. Please see my previous post. I accepted that we are weaker in badminton. That's why i said that being weaker she was able to beat defending world champion who has great depth. I am not serious. Yeah, In the finals, Ratchanok has beaten Li Xuerui to become eventual winner.

This thread is for IBL. we have to discuss matters relating to this. SO, today is historic day for indian badminton that new league is going to be launched. This will definitely ensures more talents from india which is good for badminton as whole. See the whole picture. Don't go deep. This is what for everybody is here. Sindhu has made history by becoming first indian woman to win a medal in world championships in badminton. This should be praised for. Here myself and many friends of mine are expecting this IBL to be success .

10. Likes XoXoXo, nokh88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is for IBL. we have to discuss matters relating to this. SO, today is historic day for indian badminton that new league is going to be launched. This will definitely ensures more talents from india which is good for badminton as whole. See the whole picture. Don't go deep. This is what for everybody is here. Sindhu has made history by becoming first indian woman to win a medal in world championships in badminton. This should be praised for. Here myself and many friends of mine are expecting this IBL to be success .
    So if this thread is for IBL, why have you tried to bring CBSL into this? You're talking about bringing up and discovering new talents which is "good for the game" but in post #496 you complain about the CBSL being full of "unknown Chinese faces" which you suggest to be detrimental in some form. Isn't that completely contradictory?

I'm seeing the whole picture, not only seeing what I want to see. Also, a number of names are misspelt on the tournament software page, despite being readily available just by googling them. How disorganised can you be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

All one know any link that we can watch IBL live on Internet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if this thread is for IBL, why have you tried to bring CBSL into this? You're talking about bringing up and discovering new talents which is "good for the game" but in post #496 you complain about the CBSL being full of "unknown Chinese faces" which you suggest to be detrimental in some form. Isn't that completely contradictory?

I'm seeing the whole picture, not only seeing what I want to see. Also, a number of names are misspelt on the tournament software page, despite being readily available just by googling them. How disorganised can you be?
    So, how many times everybody need to explain the same things. This mistakes did happened this time as it is the first time there is a league in India for badminton. IBL has not yet started. I already know that India did not care for badminton . Only due to some of the former players' (Now coaches) initiation, Saina and some of players has emerged. Most of these players are from only one academy. Just think. With only one "proper academy" , they have got nearly 7 to 8 MS players under BWF rank 50. They just now have created this theme. Let that move ahead. Everybody wants more players to come out and play badminton than cricket as it always got attention. In the bigger picture, they wanted this sport to be known by everybody in INDIA . So that, more talents will come out. Everything will be corrected next time. So, any doubts??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfish View Post
    Hi all,

All one know any link that we can watch IBL live on Internet?
    No Online i think. Only through TV channels..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Online i think. Only through TV channels..
    Ok, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG...please guys...stop it already.....If you think it will fail..let it fail....It's not as if though anything's gonna change now out of the blue....If it fails ...let the league be discontinued...I wonder why all these discussions are even taking place when people don't even want to listen to others....

17. Likes scorpion1 liked this post
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30