really having a dilemma choosing among 3 options

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvin316, Nov 10, 2012.

1. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

which racquet should I go for ? which would suit me best ? which would worth the money value ? the challengers are YONEX carbonex 21sp, ti-10/ltd 3rd gen and voltric 70.
    a lil info about me, I'm a competitive recreational player, prefer playing singles, consider myself as an overall playing style, definitely not a beginner, around advance or intermediate player, what I look for in a racquet is slightly head heavy, medium stiff, so far the highest tension I've played with is bg80 23pounds and I'm comfortable with it and might consider trying higher tension.
    so I find those 3 racquets meet my criteria the most but still can't decide and I don't have the $$$ to buy all. hope you guys can help me out here. TY ^^

2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

if you are a advance or intermediate player, you should know what kind of racket suits you, even a beginner like me knows what kind of racket suits me, i don't see advance player like Lin Dan have problems choosing his own racket? No offence
    sorry that i can't recommend any of those racket since i didn't tried those racket before

#2 Cycril, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  3. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

In your situation, i suggest voltric 70 if u want head heavy & medium stiff racket

4. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

weird. u know best about yourself and your style of play. Since u already advance u should know best what you want anyway. besides. for advance player. the racket itself have marginal / little impact over their game.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i think he's already decided it's one of the three racket listed, and he just needed us to sway him toward one racket or the other, LOL.

of those three rackets i have, i like playing with the voltric the most because it's light weight, swing weight differs drastically depending on where i hold the handle. 21sp is just a heavy racket, but very solid. 2u is just too heavy for me, period. ti10 is also a bit on the even balance heavy side, but it's a bit slower cos it feels even balance, whereas the voltric 70 swings like a real 4u that's what i have. so i'll go for the voltric at the end of the day.

6. Holmp

Holmp Regular Member

I Think it i totally legit to ask for help even if you are a better player, i Also consider myself above average but still apreciate the help i Can get here. I play the voltric 70 and Like it, earlier i played the nanospeed 7700. Of the 3 you have listed i World take the voltric. My next racket should be a little stiffer and so on until i find the max stiffness my arm/shoulder Can handle. Cheers

7. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

thanks gundamzaku and Holmp for understanding unlike others ==
    FYI I've never get my hands on those 3 racquets before, therefore, I don't know how they feel and I am here basically asking for your opinions on those racquets and yes do feel free to sway me towards one of them :)
    btw its damn funny the fact that you stated LD being an advance player, very nice bro (Y).....

8. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

which ti10 are you using ? by any chance, do you know the string tension range for both 3rd gen 3u ti10/ltd ?

9. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

if not what..? beginner?

10. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

lol nvm....peace bro

11. Good_friend

Good_friend Regular Member

Social Servis
    YY Ti10 is good for your demand.

12. SyamzariVoltric

SyamzariVoltric Regular Member

Optometrist
    I think u should try voltric 70.. Believe me,, u would't regret ..

13. SteveLJW

SteveLJW Regular Member

Yea TS, I think you can try the Voltric. The Cab/Ti are more head light and even balance rackets. And if you decide to go for offensive play style in singles the Voltric will give you that extra punch.

14. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    That is true with all other variables constant, the voltric will give u that extra kick of power!

15. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Regular Member

N/A
    Tough choice man:/ I own both the ti-10 and the voltric 70.

Both rackets perform well, but if you are looking for that extra oomph in your smash, then I would suggest you try the voltric 70:)

if you are a person who defends and counterattacks at the right time to win games, the ti-10 would be your better bet. It is a bit lighter than the voltric 70, hence faster at defending and playing those tricky net shots.

On a different note, the ti-10 is, in my opinion, a bit fragile. The racket can't stand a beating,seeing that both of my ti-10s broke after just one clash, in the same game...first one, after the clash, I went for a smash, made contact with the bird but the racket caved from the impact. Second one, i clashed it a bit from defending a smash. After a eh

16. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Regular Member

N/A
    Woopssies, pressed the wrong key... Anyways long story short, the racket itself caved in from the strings after the strings snapped, the head went all deformed and then just cracked...