User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I can't read Japanese...but it does say Nitto tape on the inside of the roll.
    good call! i noticed that too, and i also know exactly what it is now. it's plumbing tape and since it's purpose is suppose to work as a sealant between plumbing pipes, no adhesive is needed. i just wanted to get a roll and see if it works, if it really does work, then it's going to be the best thing for my rackets since there's no adhesive. i'm just wondering how strong these kinds of tapes are because if i remember correctly, they are really thin and stretchy, but they do rip easily if being pulled flat. what i mean is if you stretch them out flat, they can be ripped quite quickly. however, if you twist it into a thin roll, then it's actually really strong.

since they way i grip my rackets i stretch the grip a bit, so i need tape that can hold a certain tension from the overgrip to the handle and keep that tension. without adhesive i wonder if it will work FOR ME?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    good call! i noticed that too, and i also know exactly what it is now. it's plumbing tape and since it's purpose is suppose to work as a sealant between plumbing pipes, no adhesive is needed. i just wanted to get a roll and see if it works, if it really does work, then it's going to be the best thing for my rackets since there's no adhesive. i'm just wondering how strong these kinds of tapes are because if i remember correctly, they are really thin and stretchy, but they do rip easily if being pulled flat. what i mean is if you stretch them out flat, they can be ripped quite quickly. however, if you twist it into a thin roll, then it's actually really strong.

since they way i grip my rackets i stretch the grip a bit, so i need tape that can hold a certain tension from the overgrip to the handle and keep that tension. without adhesive i wonder if it will work FOR ME?
    i guess you can try.. it seems to work quite well where i am.. i know one professional stringer who uses 3M no.23 whenever he helps customers re-grip their racquets

its a bit different from the plumbing white tapes.. those do fray as they are made of PTFE.. i.e. threadseal tape, this nitto tape is thick and rubbery, made of butyl rubber do not get the wrong one!

an alternative is to use regular sticky tape i.e. nitto with adhesive, electrical insulation tape, and then put a thin sheet of this self amalgamating tape over it

or a third option is to use lab parafilm... :P
    Last edited by vajrasattva; 12-19-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3M 23 is like $50SGD here, but "at least" it's 9.1 meters long

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    3M 23 is like $50SGD here, but "at least" it's 9.1 meters long
    its only over $20 here. probably $23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have always hated using those tapes for the finishing when wrapping my grip.
    last time i go to the hardware shop to get some double sided tape, cut a small piece and just stick it at the ending.

done~

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RazerCutter View Post
    i have always hated using those tapes for the finishing when wrapping my grip.
    last time i go to the hardware shop to get some double sided tape, cut a small piece and just stick it at the ending.

done~
    ya... i do that too... very clean look

only trick is to prestretch the last few inches of grip before taping it down at the end under much lesser tension ... this will prevent the adhesive and grip from creeping loose over time under the tension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a rubber band for neat finish.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i wonder if there's a glove out there for badminton, back in high school i've seen some guy play badminton with a batting glove. one thing tho, no one would go near that glove, pretty gross after his games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use rubber band as per picture.

Name:  20121221_225255.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  21.5 KBName:  20121222_101059.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  40.3 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2