0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a bit of the final set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7wuOD0lnY

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, I did capture the whole match but the sound was quite poor so it will be better anyway to wait for the upcoming version.

In the meanwhile, and while I'm also figuring out how to upload the whole Estonia match video without Youtube butchering the audio, here is a little clip of the Estonian International including price ceremony which was held outside of the match camera's field of view:

Last edited by demolidor; 01-21-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kento will attend austria internation tournament starting on 20th of february 2013: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...5-5D9090F9E1E6

here is the acceptance list: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...5-5D9090F9E1E6

i wonder if he is staying in europe or did he fly back to japan?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Most likely he flew back, he's entered into the German Open the following week as well

Edit: looking at both tournaments M&Q, I think realistically Kento should be aiming for (depending on his draw) SF/F in Austria and R32/16 in Germany.

In Austria, there is a lot of good players such as Tien Chen Chou and Yan Kit Chan, but his main competitor will be Sakai his team mate, who has the potential to really progress this year into the top 20.

Germany is difficult as well, depending on his draw I think he has a chance of winning his first match as long as it isn't against a seeded opponent.
    Last edited by LD rules!; 02-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    there is a bit of the final set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7wuOD0lnY
    Naoki Kawamae was with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuelkirk05 View Post
    Naoki Kawamae was with him?
    Yes, he was. He was coaching Kento during Swedish International. The women on the other hand had some older guy from Panasonic who coached them.
    Last edited by Wingu; 02-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he did it again. 15th win in a row. he just won austrian international with a comfortable 21-19, 21-12 against his countrymate TAKESHITA.
    right now he is #62 in the bwf world ranking. after this win he will be about #56.

what really matters will be his performance at german open, because he will be able to make even more points there he is in the MD and will face a qualifier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd title in a row! His season has started off a lot better than I thought it would. His rise in the rankings will allow him to enter the main draws of bigger tournaments and play better opponents. I hope he's not too tired for the German Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn he is out in 2nd round of german open vs. chinese player BEN QIAO (16-21, 18-21). QIAO seems to be decent. i think he can go even further in the draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He just recorded his first win over a Top 10 player, Hu Yun, to reach the semifinals at the US Open Grand Prix. He will play Nguyen Tien Minh next, another Top 10 player. It will be tough! I hope people have recorded his games, I want to see his improvement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, good result on US Open GP. Hopefully the same good result against Nguyen Tien Minh.
    He also beat Takuma Ueda last week in Japan, pity that his team NTT East lost to Unisys 1-3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by byakuugan View Post
    Yeah, good result on US Open GP. Hopefully the same good result against Nguyen Tien Minh.
    He also beat Takuma Ueda last week in Japan, pity that his team NTT East lost to Unisys 1-3.
    Unisys is too strong overall, both the men and women team. Unfortunately today he lost to NTM. I like the way he plays, however I don't like his fancy style of play at his age. He should focus more on his game. I believe he will be better than Tago in the future if he took every game seriously. If his bad attitude continues, probably he will end up having the same faith as KKK. I hope to see some changes from this boy soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Unisys is too strong overall, both the men and women team. Unfortunately today he lost to NTM. I like the way he plays, however I don't like his fancy style of play at his age. He should focus more on his game. I believe he will be better than Tago in the future if he took every game seriously. If his bad attitude continues, probably he will end up having the same faith as KKK. I hope to see some changes from this boy soon.
    NTT had to field Tago in one of the MD match. They just don't have the depth UNISYS has, especially in the MD department.
    Yep, he also has this bad habit as well when thing is not going well for him. Hopefully he can overcome all his shortcoming and achieve more than what Tago has achieved now. I am also still hoping for Tago to achieve more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by byakuugan View Post
    NTT had to field Tago in one of the MD match. They just don't have the depth UNISYS has, especially in the MD department.
    Yep, he also has this bad habit as well when thing is not going well for him. Hopefully he can overcome all his shortcoming and achieve more than what Tago has achieved now. I am also still hoping for Tago to achieve more.
    I think this is the max Tago can reach, I don't see any improvement from Tago recently. He is going downhill.... Or, the other way round, shall I say other countries' MS improving too fast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done by Kento today. Haven't seen the match but winning against Tommy Sugiarto in two sets is no easy task! Well done!
    Last edited by Giga01; 09-11-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Wording

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done
    into the quarters of china super series. tomorrow vs jan o jorgensen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    well done
    into the quarters of china super series. tomorrow vs jan o jorgensen.
    Good job Kento! Really hope they show this match tomorrow! Wonder how Kento will deal with Jan O's rallying style of play.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast