User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kento's easy play style and fluidity really sets him apart from the crowd of contenders.
    What was absolutely outstanding watching him play life at AE2014 against LCW, is that he is at no point afraid to challenge an upper player and give anyone a run for their money. His mental fortitude reminds me of Lin Dan, just that ability to command points at crucial moments by a sheer power of will.
    His play style on the other hand is reminiscent of Taufik, nice relaxed play with excellent shots, and injects a excellent power smash to command points.

I'm really excited to see him sky rocket into world #13 at a tender age of 20, and hope to see him develop into a top 10 player in the near future.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW vs Momota at All England 2014..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He look good to contribute 1 point for JP if he play 2nd or 3rd singles during the upcoming thomas cup

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a big fan of Kento Momota now... I can't wait to watch his clash with Chen Long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to admit i wasn't impressed with momota before his performances in the TC14 this time round. he showed much maturity in his game, I agree with morten frost that he will be the future world number one to watch. besides momota i don't see anyone else from the same generation of players that show such promise. maybe an exception is his rival of the same age, viktor axelsen from denmark. they have had a few close matches with the advantage 2-1 in momota's favour after the TC14.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Thomas Cup is where heroes are made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And history is made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I watched him playing was... All England 2014, against Lee Chong Wei. I'm not into Badminton seriously until World Championships 2013. I've been watching Kento Momota and Viktor Axelsen playing and I have to say I enjoy watching them playing. Both are promising players for their countries. Kento Momota impressed me with his cold style and his techniques. Can't wait to see both of them playing against each others.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momota may be a candidate for this year's WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a growing fan of momota. he has good skills, very hard to anticipate and very hard to get off-balance. however, his game contains too many straight shots and lacks that explosive injection of lin dan. but overall, very exciting player to watch and i am interested to see how he will develop over the years!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read somewhere that he's gunning for the olympic 2016 medal. Not sure which colour.
    But I just got to like his self-confident!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I read somewhere that he's gunning for the olympic 2016 medal. Not sure which colour.
    But I just got to like his self-confident!
    LCW & LD must be worried...and oh..CL too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of his relatively weak point is his drop shots (fast drops specially), from the back of the court. He rarely trick his opponent with it. But the rest is just top notch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    I think this is the max Tago can reach, I don't see any improvement from Tago recently. He is going downhill.... Or, the other way round, shall I say other countries' MS improving too fast?
    It looks like you are wrong
    Wrong with Momota "fancy style of play" too. He proved to be very steady in the TC. Great for them both and for world badminton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Momota's play a lot. What catches my eye with this guy is his grip though, which seems to be way more panhandle oriented then a lot of other top players. His basic grip is obviously not panhandle, but it's a regular grip, just turned a little bit towards panhandle, anyone noticed this? To me this helps him a lot on his overhead (hitting forehand) backhand side, since is racket is way more 'open', which gives him all these cross angles which he plays really good. He uses the same grip on is underhand shots though, he plays a lot of his backhand lobs cross, his grip seems to make this shot easier then the straight backhand lob to me. Opponents seem to catch on to this sometimes, intercepting his fast cross lobs, which are obviously on righty's forehands. Anyone else noticed this? If this guy keeps developing the way he is, then there is really no doubt in my mind he will be world #1 someday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't most single players using regular grip for better control? Double players use more panhandle grip for more power?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7