Contacts and Glasses

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by bazzaman, Nov 12, 2012.

1. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I have never been able to play with glasses. I bought a really big pair of prescription glasses but couldnt get used to them.

I have been using contacts to play badminton for over 20 years now and each year i need a stronger power. It was ok up to about -4.0 ( can see thing close and far) but now I am using toric -4.75 and can see things far away (20m) very clearly but seeing things within a few feet is a blur. I find it hard to return smashes as its mostly guesswork and cant even make proper line calls.

If I lower the power then I cant see to the back of the court clearly but can see my feet! So its a big compromise, see either close or far clearly, or moderate for both.

I wont consider lasik for now. Those wearing contacts will have this problem once the power goes past 4.0.

2. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I think you have long and short sightedness. Normally happen to those mid age and above. :D

3. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Shh dont tell everyone! I might ask the optician to lower the power but I bought a years worth already ...

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Sshhh. .. No worry. Same thing happen to me..... Muahhahaha