Any pros use 3U racket to play double?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nicky_Boy02, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    I'm planning to get a VTZF but it's either a 3U or 4U. I'm more of a double player and hardly play single. I'm currently using AT700 first gen and planning to find a similar racket from Yonex. May I know is there any intermediate players or pros using a VTZF 3U to play double for 2-3 hours? or It's better to stick to 4U?

2. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    good questions bro... i also wonder whether kkk-tbh are using 3u or 4u vtzf ltd... :)as for me, i prefer use 4u or 3u with head light frame coz usually im a front court control type player... but if u r hard hitters, it would be nice to use 3u head heavy frame...

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, you want to buy 4U, but scared that it was not that powerful. In my opinion, since you had 3U AT700 1st gen already, buy 4U new racket then, to fulfill your curiosity.

4. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    My AT700 3U broke last week. Now I'm using my friend's Ti-10 to play. But I still prefer head heavy racket. So, I'm in doubt of 4U or 3U

5. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Is there a very huge difference in terms of power between 3U and 4U vtzf?

6. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm using a VTZF 4UG5 and very pleased with it. However, I've never actually played with a 3U version (let alone a 3U at all since all of my rackets are 4U) so I can't compare it for you. However, comparing my ZF 4U to my VT80 4U I can definitly feel the difference in head heavyness and my smash speed increased a bit. My club has called in Yonex to demonstrate their goods next week so I'm thinking of testing a 3U VTZF to compare.

If it helps any, when I was pondering over which of the 4U and 3U I was going to buy, the store keeper in Japan where I bought my racket, said that very few can control the ZF 3U and recommended the 4U. It's quite interesting what he said because the usual edition came in 3U and 4U in Japan, but when the London Olympic LTD was released, it was only available in 4UG5... Might be a hint that the 3U is harder to use...?

7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    im using vtzf lts with 3ug5 and also tested my friend's vtzf ltd 4ug5... there are slight differences on the power and weight but not that much... 4u with heavy frame is a wise choice if u tend not to get tired easily.. playing with 3u is very demanding and ur energy will be depleted fast...

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    3U VTZF is more powerful than 4U VTZF that is guaranteed. However, if we are playing Mens Double, the most important element is Speed and aggressiveness, which pair has the advantage of these will have more probability to set up attacking position and most likely will be able to put other pair under pressure and thus winning more points, not to mention the number of smashes you have to execute in order to end the rally. In my opinion, 3U VTZF is slightly slower than 4U VTZF, so i usually will use 3U initially and if i get tired, i will use 4U. Thanks to the unique frame design of 3U VTZF so that the 3U is not that slow.

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I use 3U for both single and doubles. Well if you get use already with this racket you dont want to go for the 4U. Just my personal experience

10. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Agreed with Licin.All my rackets is 3U but some head heavy and some headlight.So instead of changing to 4U, i change it with head light TI10.So far, i seldom do that cause i dont feel tided 2 hours with 7-8 sets.I play double most.Build your body and run for stamina will help a lot.

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Which Ti10 do you have that is head light?

12. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

TI10 Ltd. BP285. String with BG66UM and kimoty kt102 overgrip.
    Try swing with ti10 purple at shop before strung, can't find any diff.

#12 ChongHL, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012