User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I watch that JJS smash video I stumble upon the 2nd video that user uploaded. And get absolutely astounded by the undeniable stupidity of some people (seriously, blaming Darwin[-ism] for Hitler?!). The slow-mo, on the other hand, is really great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i agree his smash is great...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Lol that hobbit sure could smash!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Actually you don't think Ko Lee had the upper hand in the first halves of both games? They did lead at both intervals. Only problem is after the intervals, more unforced errors started to creep into the Koreans play like several serves into net (LYD too!) and many many blocks by LYD that uncharacteristically
    ended up in the net. They would have had a greater chance to take the title if they could have been more consistent.
    Hi Visor, yes agreed they have upperhand in terms of scores, but I have the impression they have their points mostly from the chinese pair mistakes, infact both pairs were inconsistent, but somehow during the crucial points the chinese managed to target down Ko and forced him to make mistakes. Note I am not saying LYD does not make mistakes, but what I see in Ko is he has consistently been targeted.

mistakes and forms are sort of random, they can hit anyone, but tactically if there is a weakness then definitely it will put LYD & KSH at an disadvantage. I don't see any significant weakness in the chinese pair, both of them have good skills they looked the finished article to me - at least in terms of skills & tactics.

(i only watched the game one time, did not watch the reply, as such I maybe speaking rubbish here, but above is what I gathered when I was watching the game)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD JJS vs CY FHF at All England ...classic....it also shows the consistency and versatility of JJS very well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dIklBGyzo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now; those rackets don't look very blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like lyd uses bs lyd-n and ksh uses tk-8000 when they are doing these "shows" lol..
    Last edited by ah tat; 05-06-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even though it was not a high level tournament, Ko did well to win 2 titles (MD and XD) at the recent Badminton Asia Championship in Taiwan. I was particularly impressed by his XD play, even though his opponents Zhang/Zhao were not at their best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ko/Lee played pretty well this SC. But they lost again to the Chinese LZ/QZ. They always had to play catch-up... Really dont know why the strict umpire suddenly allows court mopping at 20-19 when noone was on the floor, then the delay by the bulldozer and Ko was confused enough
    A few points that came to my mind when i watched the final:
    - Were there pairs like these two Chinese (playing so close and aggressive to and at the net) when lyd played with jjs? Maybe Setiawan and BoMo and you know what, they seemed also to struggle with them.
    - I could imagine the Koreans played with the Chinese a lot flat play and the net (where the strength of LZ/QZ) in order to improve and see what they are still lacking. For me LYD showed that he definitly can match them in this depart, he looks a lot smoother then the storming Chn at the net, on the other hand Ko lacks a bit there. Tactically imo they should have moved the Chn more around the court with long, high, direction changing defense. But like Morton Frost said: "the chinese pair is in its own world atm and absolutly in their comfort zone"
    - Ko still sometimes struggles a bit with his nerves and tends to make more unforced errors than lyd and jjs before.
    - When it comes to rallies imo the Koreans are the best.
    - So far they only have problems with LZ/QZ and Bo/Mo, maybe with HS/MA, but they can beat everyone else pretty easily, so I think they are a very, very strong pair and they are almost no.1 in no time. Ofc, they will measured not only by the WR but by the win of majors like the WC.
    - Personally i like to see the "real" MD with long and spectacular rallies a lot more and for me the Koreans (also the other Koreans or Thais or Japanese) stand for this style of play. I enjoyed the match vs. MJ/PN more than the final (and not because my favourites lost)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJS/LYD struggled most with CY/FHF, who were similarly aggressive. Nowadays they're just not as fast anymore, but they used to have their bases very far to the front of the court, CY pouncing on anything to the net and FHF on anything played to the midcourt.
    Anyhow, if you watch some tournaments from LYD/JJS's early years, JJS used to make quite a few mistakes as well, and LYD's game was a bit rougher too.
    I believe Ko has improved dramatically already, he was Korea's best scorer in this SC (note how they didn't field the Gold medalist LYD in the XD). I believe this pair will be just as good as JJS/LYD were, and winning one WC would be a huge milestone - after all LYD/JJS never managed to do that.
    Anyhow, I believe they will be in contest for the WR1 spot with LQL/QZH who are currently in spectacular form and MB/CM who play more tournaments. In the long run, I believe the Danes will drop to #3 or even lower (depending on whether Hong Wei/Chai Biao will be allowed to play for a year and how well HS/MA do in the coming months).

Anyhow, looks like the power vacuum in the MD will be filled pretty quickly and we're up for a couple interesting tournaments, hopefully featuring some nailbiters like the LYD/JJS-FHF/CY clashes soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

note how they didn't field the Gold medalist LYD in the XD
    That's not really a fair statement; LYD hasn't played competitive mixed for so long, that you can't expect them to procure something out of the blue.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically the same as Ko Sung Hyun - before the AC, he hadn't played competitively either. And LYD was the one competing in the OG with KSH's former partner....anyhow, I wasn't actually trying to talk LYD down but highlight Ko's achievements of the past couple weeks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KSH is still in the "don't dissapoint my partner" stage. Once he gets past that, there will be no stopping them.
    To be honest, I personally believe the most skillful player Korea has for MD is KSR. However his handicap is purely mental. He gives up way too easy!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe LYD and KKJ are better readers of the game than KSR, outdoing him at the front, and LYD is certainly just as skilled. KSH is definitely better from the back.
    I agree that he has successful years ahead of him, as he is lightning fast and pretty powerful and also a good reader of the game. I believe with more experience on the big stage he and his partner will get more stable in the close/final stages of the game.

I also believe Ko has gotten better, not apologizing as profusely after every single mistake LYD is certainly not as condescending anymore and seems to be giving his best again.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, it seems Ko is still making the same mistakes as before, although less.

1. Serves
    He's not rushing his serves as much as before, but still many lets called as his opponents claimed to be not ready yet, and of course when he has to re-serve again, he flubs it. 9 times out of 10.

And how many service faults were called on him alone by the service judges in Sudirman Cup alone? I think over 10-12 throughout the whole week of him playing MD and XD. A record in my books. He has a bad tendency to raise the racket and shuttle just before release even on a simple short serve.

2. Touch shots and blocks

I can't even keep track of how many times simple blocks from his racket ends up short into the net. This is one area he must rectify.

3. Smashes

WTH happened to his pounding smashes? OK, so he got one or two at around 270 km/h but the rest were either weak by his standards or way too flat and out the baseline. Even Qiu and Liu can consistently smash harder than him and they're older than him!

Anyways, not like I'm putting his down, but just noting areas of his play that badly needs improvement and fast. And I'm starting to feel sorry for poor LYD...
    Last edited by visor; 05-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor how are you watching the SC videos in Canada? Are you downloading them from somewhere?
    Please link me.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast