User Tag List

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    KoYoo didn't go very far when they partnered in the past.
    at least they reached the finals of 2011 WC...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KoYoo didn't go very far when they partnered in the past.
    I think Ko-Yoo went down the crapper ever since it became obvious they would get split up whenever JJS were to retire (US/Canada Open 2011?; only playing on borrowed time from the on and probably some time before). A solid #2 pairing for Korea (top 4 wr) ... bring 'em back and bring on LYD/KSR , and let the leftovers work it out (SBC-KKJ) .
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again ....Ko is the weak link but LYD is very disappointing as well....Ko doesn't seem to be able to get rid of his inherent mistake in the front court and mid-court area and his defence is lousy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree on any similarity between KKJ and JJS, the only thing that's the same is the racket. Other than that, very different players - KKJ is much slower, but also quite a bit better around the net. He gets good power, but isn't a smashing machine like JJS.
    Kim Sa Rang is actually much more similar to JJS, very quick, pretty physical player. He shows a lot more promise in the net area, though, but can't maintain the same kind of intensity from the back in exchange (not as muscular).
    I think a LYD/KSR pairing would be very promising, but so is KKJ/KSR (as long as KKJ loses that belly).
    Ko/Yoo were a more natural partnership than Ko/Lee, probably just better chemistry - problem in that partnership was the lack of a real net players. Ko was more confident as the better player on court, but his tendency to make errors around the net and Yoo's to back up whenever possible were quite disastrous against some pairs like BoMo who exploited it.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the development of the Korean MD pairs. They have 3 potential Top 10 pairings right now, possibly even Top 5 if BoMo don't get back to form (Liu/Qiu and Ahsan/Setiawan being the other 2 in this scenario).
    Ah well. The real test is gonna be this year's WC - everyone's gonna be in top shape and quite motivated to perform well. Let's see if Ahsan can perform on the big stage (he didn't in the AE), and if Koo/Tan can fulfill BAM's demand of reaching the final. Exciting times in MD, imop (although the epic CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS clashes will probably not be beaten for some time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKJ is much slower
    Nonsense. KSR and KKJ are both the fastest players on tour (for the 11 points that their stamina lasts).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKJ is slower than JJS. He has good anticipation and great shots, and he is fast, but not in comparison to JJS or KSR. He just doesn't have the same combination of flexibility, fluent footwork and explosiveness that JJS had. Once again - he isn't slow.

Regarding the IO final, KSH's defense was no worse than LYD's, both getting caught in bad positions several times (with LYD actually losing a couple more points in the 1st game, not so sure about the 2nd). He made many errors though, which basically cost them the match, combined with LYD's predictable drives which Ahsan intercepted quite often. Whenever they played a soft shot to Ahsan (exception: return of serve), they got a weak reply and got on the attack.

On a side note - if Ahsan serves any higher, he'll have scrapes all over his chin. Seriously, that service judge must've been asleep or something. I have no idea how the bwf still hasn't improved on the ridiculously low standard of service judging, every second player serves WAY too high now. Ahsan was extreme. Joachim Fischer hasn't served legally in years either. Seriously, why the hell are there even service rules if you don't enforce them anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    KKJ is slower than JJS. He has good anticipation and great shots, and he is fast, but not in comparison to JJS or KSR. He just doesn't have the same combination of flexibility, fluent footwork and explosiveness that JJS had. Once again - he isn't slow.

Regarding the IO final, KSH's defense was no worse than LYD's, both getting caught in bad positions several times (with LYD actually losing a couple more points in the 1st game, not so sure about the 2nd). He made many errors though, which basically cost them the match, combined with LYD's predictable drives which Ahsan intercepted quite often. Whenever they played a soft shot to Ahsan (exception: return of serve), they got a weak reply and got on the attack.

On a side note - if Ahsan serves any higher, he'll have scrapes all over his chin. Seriously, that service judge must've been asleep or something. I have no idea how the bwf still hasn't improved on the ridiculously low standard of service judging, every second player serves WAY too high now. Ahsan was extreme. Joachim Fischer hasn't served legally in years either. Seriously, why the hell are there even service rules if you don't enforce them anyway...
    Well.. We need more umpires like grace cheah who isn't afraid to piss off the players.

Eg. Korea open 2013 md finals...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post

agreed. players were serving at breast/neck level and still not faults called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you find excuses when your favorite players lost.

if all of ahsan's services are faults, then ko/lee should be the winner of indonesia open.

hahahahaha.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not finding excuses - that's why I said 'on a side note'. And if you're not completely stupid, you'll understand that while his serves were technically faults, none were actually called which is why I got annoyed in the first place. Same goes for a lot of other players, which is why I mentioned Fischer as another example. Pedersen rarely serves at waist level as well, although personally I'd be more annoyed with Fischers constant double-motion.

Anyhow, mentioning one player's illegal serve is not an excuse or anything of the sort for the other team losing. They lost because the INA pair was better on that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be more annoyed with Fischers constant double-motion
    I'm glad I'm not OCD

I think they should use a low-powered lazer to indicate legal serve-height. Eliminates height-bias and makes it so much easier to judge. I don't know about you, but I usually find it hard to see the lowest rib of somebody who's wearing clothes ...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ My suggestion would be marking a line at the lowest rib by the medical doctor before the match, then they play topless! Or if that's too revealing, then the shirts they wear must have a huge hole on the side to show the rib marking.

No more guessing needed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that or a t-ball stand for the shuttle lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should start a discussion thread for solutions, pick one, start a petition and submit it to the BWF.
    As the largest badminton forum we should have the power, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ My suggestion would be marking a line at the lowest rib by the medical doctor before the match, then they play topless! Or if that's too revealing, then the shirts they wear must have a huge hole on the side to show the rib marking.

No more guessing needed.
    Yes yes topless would be nice. Applies to wd and ws too hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant believe the difference in Ko from the semi final to the final of the IO SS. He seemed so confident and world class in the semi with great defence and power. Then like a switch against the Indo pair in the final he was hesitant and nervous. That points out to me that its all just confidence. Against his fellow country men which he knows well and feels 'safe' with he could play his best. Maybe in time he will live up to his talent. Also the indo pair had 100% correct tactics - pressure Ko from the start, get in his head his defence isnt working and make LYD get frustrated by keeping him out the game and then when he does get a chance he tries to do too much with it. Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often feel Ko gets nervouse for 'big occasions'. Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out, because it's not very productive.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast