User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting - would have to watch him carefully again. I tend to pay more attention to Ko heh ^^ But what bothers me more, in the recent tournaments.. actually this thing about him has always bothered me since he started playing with Ko... is his attitude/facial expressions whenever Ko makes a mistake. His irritation is actually pretty obvious sometimes, and I can see why it might be quite uncomfortable playing with him. I don't really get his attitude, because it's not like he's playing perfectly is he? He's making tons of errors himself! And sometimes, when they lose the Finals, he looks pretty pissed on the podium. I'm not sure if he was like that when playing with Jung (have never been his fan and don't observe him), but I find his attitude on court to be really annoying to see sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were him, I'd be annoyed too if I had to stand on the second step.
    Don't forget, if you earn silver, you've actually achieved nothing on the last day; you already won silver by winning the semi-finals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah to be fair I dont think anyone would want to be on the 2nd step and would look fairly grumpy - also when your so used to winnig. But it is obvious sometimes how much he rates himself above Ko.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no disrespect to LYD/KSH, I watched the games and I thought they were totally outclassed. Yes it was closer in the 2nd game, but I do not sense that the Koreans were in-control tactically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betazone View Post
    no disrespect to LYD/KSH, I watched the games and I thought they were totally outclassed. Yes it was closer in the 2nd game, but I do not sense that the Koreans were in-control tactically.
    I had the same thoughts too. I actually watched the second set though and thought they were completely outclassed. They were already trying their best though, Ko looked quite at a loss while Lee looked really frustrated.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not like Ko/Lee were bad, it's just that Ahsan/Setiawan were amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Exactly!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Ko/Lee did play pretty awful in my opinion. They started off on the wrong foot, made a few easy mistakes and that was it. They lost because they couldn't hold it together mentally and simply looked like two players who had never played with each other before. Also, they seriously need to rethink their defense position. It's always been said that they stand too far back, that's true but they've gotten away with it against some players that like to smash everything and don't have such deadly drops, but A/S mix up the smashes with some astonishingly tight and accurate dropshots and thats always going to hurt K/L.

Yes, A/S did play very well, but the number of net-caughts were pretty shocking, to have that many is lucky enough, to have that many in a final is amazing. It must be heart breaking playing people who can get that many net-caughts and play as well as A/S did.

I agree with others that LYD's attitude is completely wrong. He needs to put his frustration aside and support Ko more. It just does not look like a partnership here. You don't see other top pros doing this. May be LYD just doesn't want to partner Ko.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ If you want to see Ah/Set play bad, check out their QF match 2nd game against Endo/Hayakawa. They were making lots of errors and missing tons of blocks, barely squeaked by 23-21.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_5Ml_tpyeA

Re LYD's attitude, he's already better now as compared to a few months ago when I started this thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least Ko is always smiling! Looks like a nice guy to hang around with. He is a gifted athlete but I do not think he has an above average "badminton IQ".

This situation really shows that even though LYD had a lot of fans who praised his game when he used to play with JJS, JJS was just as important as LYD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Ko just seems to be a nice guy. Although I do think he has a very good 'badminton brain' (look at his early mixed matches). Maybe he has let his physical side rule his decision making.

I think your right with JJS - they seemed such a natural pair and i think LYD is having trouble getting used to a new partner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how they will get in at the world champs? Hope they can play their best and beat the likes of Bo/Mo, KKK/Tan, As/Set and the Chinese.
    Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 07-03-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the LYD/JJS pairing has a more solid defense, generally they are able to hold off their opponent's attack until they find a opportunity to counter attack.

On the other hand, the LYD/KSH pairing seems to have a weaker defense, especially KSH. Their defense seem to be easily broken down after a few intense & continuous attacking shots from their opponents.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    It's cause he's better looking...lol
    The not so good looking guys always gets blamed!
    now i know why i always get blamed

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    He's had a very deep defensive stance for ages. Basically since the first game I've seen of him (which is from 2008). It's definitely not because of Ko. Gillian Clark commented on it a plethora of times - in his partnership with JJS.
    Also, he failed to return smashes, and not only ones that Ko lifted short or something. It might surprise you, but LYD can make errors as well.
    Seriously, in the last two matches they lost, there was little difference between the two. Ko definitely seemed more nervous, but Lee was definitely not on a different level and made quite a few uncharacteristic errors...
    Once again, what's with the negativity.....they're the most successful pair since the start of their partnership, yet everyone keeps yelling about Ko's (perceived) weaknesses and how he drags LYD down. Yet they leave the other Olympic semi-finalists in their dust...
    Ko might have been a factor in the beginning of the partnership, but recently, it seemed like both ko/lee weren't playing at the top level that they could be playing...and it's a team when you're playing doubles, so you really can't just blame one person.

It's a vicious cycle he's in. His confidence is down because he makes unforced errors, and the more errors, the worse his confidence.
    that seems to be very true!!!

Wow... Ko/Kim took down Zhang/Zhao in XD straight games at SG Open... this should bolster his confidence a bit.
    oh this i gotta watch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ can i give two likes ? LoL...
    I watched the final game live and it was quite true that Hendra/Ahsan had their luck as they got numbers of net-caught but Hendra's deception when he played his dropshots did the damage especially on KSH and Ahsan was keep smashing like crazy with a very steep angle.
    On the 2nd game, I thought KSH/LYD would have played better after Ha Tae Kwon gave some advices and their rallies had actually improved with some winning points. They maintained a close gap on the score board but they looked like very nervous at the ending points.
    KSH and LYD are very good players individually with their own playing style but as a pair, I don't see the "chemistry" is strong enough for them to build a solid partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    ^^ can i give two likes ? LoL...
    I watched the final game live and it was quite true that Hendra/Ahsan had their luck as they got numbers of net-caught but Hendra's deception when he played his dropshots did the damage especially on KSH and Ahsan was keep smashing like crazy with a very steep angle.
    On the 2nd game, I thought KSH/LYD would have played better after Ha Tae Kwon gave some advices and their rallies had actually improved with some winning points. They maintained a close gap on the score board but they looked like very nervous at the ending points.
    KSH and LYD are very good players individually with their own playing style but as a pair, I don't see the "chemistry" is strong enough for them to build a solid partnership.
    Hendra is amazing with his intercepts and net kills, he just read the game so well. I believe LYD/KSH is not bad and rate them better than other pairs including CM/MB or Chinese No 2 pair LYL-QZH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this video on Youtube, would be interesting for LYD fans :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQKN_Cg3wVI

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast