User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD seems to be distracted. He seems like he isn't really enjoying his badminton. He may be distracted with his personal life, his girlfriend, whatever.

He doesn't seem like he is having a good effect on Ko.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has no right to be frustrated when he was the one dragging them down in both the German and All England Open.
    Maybe he's got something on his mind, maybe he isn't willing to put in the needed work to form this partnership because he feels KSH is too weak or sth...but I'd think that as a professional, he should be able to overcome that and give his best, both in training and in competition.
    Hopefully they'll overcome the recent drop in form and get back to their respective best soon, with 2 new Chinese pairs emerging this could be an interesting time for MD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the MD's finals yesterday. IMO, LYD seems to be making alot of uncharacteristic errors and his net play was not as sharp as before. On top of that, his body language appears rather negative, showing signs of despair when they lost points. Seems like he lacked the confidence or rather belief to turn the match around.

The LYD yesterday was a different person compared to the pre-Olympic self-assured LYD who is brimming with confidence and much feared by opponents.
    Last edited by nizze; 03-18-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Ko's fault.....it is so straight-forward to win by just targeting Ko then as Ko makes more mistakes, LYD tries to over-compensate and ended up with more errors himself and after awhile they just self-destruct. I say it first, Ko will no longer be LYD's partner aftre this season !

5. Likes visor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I hope to see them playing well soon and develop as a partnership. Also I would like to see Shin and Yoo back playing MD, they looked like a good pair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betazone View Post
    It's Ko's fault.....it is so straight-forward to win by just targeting Ko then as Ko makes more mistakes, LYD tries to over-compensate and ended up with more errors himself and after awhile they just self-destruct. I say it first, Ko will no longer be LYD's partner aftre this season !
    Yeap.. Ko is the weak link. Agree with you that LYD is trying to over-compensate that he is not playing the game which is he the best at.

8. Likes betazone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    Agreed. I hope to see them playing well soon and develop as a partnership. Also I would like to see Shin and Yoo back playing MD, they looked like a good pair.
    I read somewhere that Yoo is currently serving army... Hope to see him back on the badminton circuit soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmh... Surely something was wrong with LYD the last 3 weeks, but the SwissOpen have been a good sign. I mean you can lose to this new chn pair, who plays a unique style imo (bc both are naturally more backcourt players, but very quick)
    They just started to play together for a good half year: Therefore won FO,KO, and other good results, moved up to rank 3 and already beat all top MD (BoMo,Koo/Tan,Cai/Fu)
    There are weaknesses and with LYDs problems (propably sth. personal) they cant do well, but which other pair performs perfectly every tournament?? Maybe Bo/Mo after the OG (and Cai/Fu before). MD is very interesting atm...
    Some are way to harsh with Sung Hyun/Yong Dae. The expectations are so high, they would need to reach the SF of every tournament at least to please some people.
    After his MX winnings with LEE, he didnt do well in this discipline afterwards. Ofc Ha Jung Eun wasnt in the top 8 of Mixed girls, but still.
    What i want to say is that their performances have been very good (expect the AE) since they started.
    I just love to watch them play!! But that is just my opinion^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the time KSH make LYD piss-off... u can watch how LYD face react when KSH making mistake... this pair will be no longer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We have to realize what a mega super star LYD is in Korea. He is up there rubbing shoulders with the pop stars and movie stars. Previously with JJS, he's been able to do well because he can count on Jung to power smash his opponents to smithereens. But no longer with KSH, who seem to be weaker overall than Jung and not to able handle the pressures of the world top pairs. Making simple mistakes and tactical misjudgements. Of course, his opponents are aware of this and so the cycle gets worse as he gets picked on. However that still doesn't excuse Lee's facial reactions when Ko messes up. Perhaps a bit megastar disgust?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nizze View Post
    I read somewhere that Yoo is currently serving army... Hope to see him back on the badminton circuit soon.
    http://www.badzine.net/features/priv...service/24342/

14. Likes nizze liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
    most of the time KSH make LYD piss-off... u can watch how LYD face react when KSH making mistake... this pair will be no longer
    Lee Yong Dae needs to have a more positive and hopefully can get rid of his arrogance

Sure he's a megastar, won many titles and has a big name. But his ego gets the best of him and shows when partnering Ko Sung Hyun and even with his senior Jung Jae Sung

You can see his facial expressions on court and the way he talks to his partners during intervals. He's definitely more tactically astound than his partners, but he needs to learn how to communicate his thoughts in a more positive way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee young Dae/ Kim Ki jung and KSH and Kim Sa Rang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoo Yeon Seong / Lee Yong Dae does it for me

Ko Sung Hyun can partner Kim Sa Rang

As for Kim Ki Jung...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD/KSR would be a strong pair - both are very quick around the court, and KSR has a superb smash. YYS with LYD wouldn't be good imop, he was the weaker player in the KSH/YYS pairing and doesn't have the same lethal smash KSH does. His defensive play is pretty much the same as KSH and he isn't very willing to go to the net...
    KKJ/LYD wasn't a very strong pairing either. I've seen them play at the University World Championships and they lacked firepower from the back...

If LYD and KSR were to be partnered I think KSH/KKJ could be another strong pair, KKJ's great net play and reading of the game would be complemented by KSH huge power from the back.
    Anyhow, personally I'd give these pairs more time. Kim/Kim are very much on their way to the top, if they just work on their consistency a bit more (being able to keep their intensity throughout the match) they'll be another contender for the big titles.
    YYS/SBC will have to step it up once they reform!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link Gingerbeer!

20. Likes Gingerbeer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shin and LYD, put Ko and Yoo back together and leave kim and kim to continue to develop. But these 6 players are all really strong and im sure the korea management will get it right!!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast