User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this pair have a potential for gold medal in world champ and rio olympic... watch out for them...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    If only because nobody'd know who they were playing to
    precisely!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysia Open final vs IND

WTpooh was that?!!!!!

What a disastrous performance! Where the heaven was the coach?

The first game was a train wreck of a performance by KO. While his attacking play may be the strongest of the Korean doubles players, I still believe that his unforced error rate is too high for top level play (that is when facing top players who are on their game, as was the case during legendary finals with JJS vs Fu/Cai). I think Yu YY or Shin BC or Kim SR would fare better overall with LYD, despite their slightly weaker attack.

The second game, it seems to me, was a coaching disaster. When facing one of the world's best potential player in Setiawan who happens to be playing his A+++ game, why in the world would the koreans keep taking him on and losing easy points (for IND). They should have switched to plan B, using the mid-court area and trying to get a lift and if not, lifting high and deep and trying to counter attack. Ko's defense is erratic but by insisting with Setiawan at the net, they gave away that second game for FREE!!!!

Despondent Korean fan,
    JJashik

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not to defend the KOR pair, but I've never seen Setiawan plays as well as that. And Ahsan was playing like he was a man possessed! He was playing front court, mid court, back court well. Every where! An amazing replacement for Kido.

Even if Jung was still playing, the KOR would've still lost yesterday.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjashik View Post
    WTpooh was that?!!!!!

What a disastrous performance! Where the heaven was the coach?

The first game was a train wreck of a performance by KO. While his attacking play may be the strongest of the Korean doubles players, I still believe that his unforced error rate is too high for top level play (that is when facing top players who are on their game, as was the case during legendary finals with JJS vs Fu/Cai). I think Yu YY or Shin BC or Kim SR would fare better overall with LYD, despite their slightly weaker attack.

The second game, it seems to me, was a coaching disaster. When facing one of the world's best potential player in Setiawan who happens to be playing his A+++ game, why in the world would the koreans keep taking him on and losing easy points (for IND). They should have switched to plan B, using the mid-court area and trying to get a lift and if not, lifting high and deep and trying to counter attack. Ko's defense is erratic but by insisting with Setiawan at the net, they gave away that second game for FREE!!!!

Despondent Korean fan,
    JJashik
    You're dreaming. Shin is too slow, Yoo has a weaker defense, weaker attack and erratic net play, and Kim might possibly be a decent partner for LYD but often makes very bad choices. Haven't gotten around to watching the game but it takes 2 to lose, and crying for a change of partners after one lost match (against one of the world's best forecourt players, especially in intercepting drives) is just an overreaction. Watched the Semifinal today and Ko played really really well. LYD actually served worse and was often WAY too deep in his defensive stance. While Ko has to stop his unforced errors, he his still a better partner for LYD than any player you mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    You're dreaming. Shin is too slow, Yoo has a weaker defense, weaker attack and erratic net play, and Kim might possibly be a decent partner for LYD but often makes very bad choices. Haven't gotten around to watching the game but it takes 2 to lose, and crying for a change of partners after one lost match (against one of the world's best forecourt players, especially in intercepting drives) is just an overreaction. Watched the Semifinal today and Ko played really really well. LYD actually served worse and was often WAY too deep in his defensive stance. While Ko has to stop his unforced errors, he his still a better partner for LYD than any player you mentioned.
    100% agree with you there. changing parners after one loss is a immature descion. from the match you could clearly see LYD was doing very bad as well, it looked NOTHING like his normal form. doubles is a 2 man game. and during that game they were clearly out classed by the INDO pair.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tkboi View Post
    100% agree with you there. changing parners after one loss is a immature descion. from the match you could clearly see LYD was doing very bad as well, it looked NOTHING like his normal form. doubles is a 2 man game. and during that game they were clearly out classed by the INDO pair.
    Haha, this match was like a freak accident where your ship gets hit by a 50m wave that occurs like once in 20years - afterwards, there's a lot of finger-pointing and assigning blame, but in reality, all you can say is "Sometimes bad things happen."
    You can safely assume Ahsan is never gonna play a match like that again. It was a 100% increase from his usual form...and those blaming Ko should take a closer look at Lee. He was very off form as well, taking far less than usual (sometimes causing an error from Ko as he had nearly no time to react to Lee quickly retracting his racket), and defending very weakly.
    Actually Ko scored the vast majority of the points, either directly or by defending until the Indonesians made an error.
    For Lee, it must've been a very uncomfortable experience, for Ko, it was probably a nightmare.

Also, the point from 19-13 to 20-13 was unbelievable - the shuttle was at least 6cm out. Line judge must've slept or has worse eyesight than me without lenses. And the umpire was rather inattentive as well. Could've seen such a clear error, and the fault he called in the first game (against Ko's attempted net kill) was very very likely not warranted (from Ko's hitting action and posture you can see he [probably] didn't hit the shuttle before it had crossed over, and he didn't touch the net).
    Last edited by j4ckie; 01-20-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st set tactical indo pair ahsan is front player..if 2nd set korea can change game and win,i think last set setiawan will front player...so 3rd set maybe interesting to watch...

about line judge...it just like karma for korea....a lot bad line call from korea open...2point out but indo got point doesnt effect anything...korea cant change game to force indo defend...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Not to defend the KOR pair, but I've never seen Setiawan plays as well as that. And Ahsan was playing like he was a man possessed! He was playing front court, mid court, back court well. Every where! An amazing replacement for Kido.

Agreed, both Hendra & Ahsan playing really well yesterday. They have put pressure since the beginning and KOR duo just do not have the answer to these, as a result they are under pressure and lost the match. Not to mention, Hendra/Ahsan played on their form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Sure, I may be dreaming, but you must be smoking, your car's tailpipe. Shin is not too slow but his attack is relatively very weak (did you watch their victory at the Denmark Open a few months ago?), Yoo's defense is far better than Ko's as is Kim's. Sure Ko makes winners but how impressive is 5 killer smashes during a set if you make 10 unforced errors. I've already noted that Ko has the hardest smashes so there's no credit for you to first state I am dreaming and then reiterate my point.

And it does not take two to lose. It takes two to win. Do you never play with uneven pairings? And all of this your comment before watching the game. "Watched the semis today and bla bla bla" when my post was regarding the final. Or are/were you the type to speak up in class and give your opinion on a book that you didn't even read.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was watching in the stadium yesterday.. And to sum it up , i would say ina pair especially hendra was playing very well through out the whole match.. He as usual is very clever at the net and didn't lift the shuttle up unneccesary for the Koreans to play offensively which is the Korean pair's favourite formation.. Therefore, you don't see smashes from the KOR in the final than their previous other matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jjashik: Although Ko has his faults, of the two Koreans on court, Ko was the better. LYD didn't look engaged in the game, and his usual forward momentum seemed MIA; the moments he did come forward were forced, and often put Ko in a difficult situation.

As for Kim Sa Rang being a better partner for LYD, this is far from the truth, as you can see from his results. I agree completely that KSR has an awesome potential and a vast talent, but when he can't consistently produce results with either his mixed or doubles partner, you realise he's short something important. You can see what it is when you watch his loosing games; his despondency when he's losing, and the inability to turn a first set win into a match win because he fails to play a second set like his winning first.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjashik View Post
    Sure, I may be dreaming, but you must be smoking, your car's tailpipe. Shin is not too slow but his attack is relatively very weak (did you watch their victory at the Denmark Open a few months ago?), Yoo's defense is far better than Ko's as is Kim's. Sure Ko makes winners but how impressive is 5 killer smashes during a set if you make 10 unforced errors. I've already noted that Ko has the hardest smashes so there's no credit for you to first state I am dreaming and then reiterate my point.

And it does not take two to lose. It takes two to win. Do you never play with uneven pairings? And all of this your comment before watching the game. "Watched the semis today and bla bla bla" when my post was regarding the final. Or are/were you the type to speak up in class and give your opinion on a book that you didn't even read.
    You might've read my post about the final if it bothers you so much....also, I didn't comment on the final in that post. I explained why Ko is a much better partner for Lee than those you mentioned. And yes, I've seen Yoo/Shin win the DO, and I've seen Ko/Yoo play many times before. Yoo's defense is weaker than Ko's as he is unable to adapt, not as quick on his feet and thus gets caught either too deep in court or on the side he isn't prepared to defend quite often.
    Shin is WAY slower than Ko. I agree he is a fine MD player but he can smash about the same as LYD - a few very good smashes, but no way to keep it up the whole match.

Of course I play in uneven pairings, hence my comment. If the weaker partner can play at the level of the opponents, you will win. If he can't, it depends on whether they can use his weakness or not. Yesterday, the Indonesians used LYD quite well.

And if your post, demanding a change in partnership, was JUST about the Final then it was incredibly immature - after all you'd have to change every partnership in the sport after their first loss if we followed your 'logic'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    The IND pair were indeed playing very well. But to say that LYD/JJS would have lost as well is a bit of a bold statement.

I think given that KO/LYD were obviously not on form (they're only human!), it is difficult to judge that. I would say that if both pairs were on form LYD/KO it would have been much closer, and would probably have beaten the IND pair. LYD was far from his solid self, the number of unforced errors coming from his racquet is something I have not seen from him in a long time.

In doubles, you are affected not only by who you play against but also who you play with. Your confidence grows as you know that you can rely on your partner in difficult situations or to count on them to set you up. LYD has always had great vision and creativity which he could exploit because JJS was an extremely consistent/reliable and effective rear court player it allowed LYD to give his undivided attention to the mid-court/net. He needn’t worry too much about the rear, it was like brick wall behind him, this allowed him to be creative and play at ease. In the defensive formation, JJS was pretty much equal to LYD and because there was no weakness between them, they were able to counterattack quite frequently – not so in the new pairing which is a big deficit.

Ko is not a bad player, he’s probably the best partner for LYD in the current KOR team. Given that LYD/KO are still getting used to each other, I get the sense that LYD is not feeling totally comfortable yet and as you “feed” off each other in doubles, I’m sure this would have had an effect on Ko too. Usually, you’d see one person as the “lead”… previously it was JJS as the leader, he was seen as a bit of a mentor to LYD, someone who he would depend on and knows would watch his back. Now LYD is the “lead” I feel he’s a little out of his comfort zone.

Yes Ko was playing well in the match but he has been throughout the tournament (bar a few unforced errors!). I think what Ko needs is a little bit of arrogance. He’s too nice a person and a little passive. He needs to believe he’s the best to be the best.

Overall I think it was just an off-day for the pair. Not discrediting Ahsan/Set, they played exceptionally well and deserved to win. But I can’t help but think a 2011/2012 LYD/JJS would have beaten them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Ko/Lee will have at least a month to rest before they go to the England Open.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by josephdk View Post
    At least Ko/Lee will have at least a month to rest before they go to the England Open.
    I'm sure they won't be resting! Plenty to work on before the AE!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ R20190: yah, my statement was a bit tongue in cheek. But I don't agree with your point about Jung being the leader to Lee... In fact, it's the other way around... despite Lee being younger. You can see this during the breaks during their previous games. Lee is the one talking and guiding Jung.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast