Non-yonex string most similar to BG85

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by crazy_smasher, Oct 7, 2003.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Hi all,

I did an extensive search on BG85 like "BG85 similar", "BG85 alternative" but most threads talk about mostly string reviews.

I could not find any info on non-yonex(cheaper) string that is closest to BG85 in terms of power and control and durability. For me, the two best strings are BG66 and BG85. BG66 is explosive but low durability, BG85 got best control, slightly less powerful than BG66, but longer lifespan and higher repulsion. i hate the yonex titanium strings coz they are slippery and too bouncy. BG85 is quite expensive , so i am thinking whether it exists any other brand string similar to it.

Anyway, any other string uses the vectran thinggy in BG80/85 ( that is the thing in it that is supposed to make it so good)??

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Anyone able to suggest some ideas on this?

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Maybe there's no other like BG 85. The Vectran thingie that you mentioned is patented technology, so it's unlikely that Yonex competitors could copy the strings as well as their racquets. There's no best string out there that could meet every demand. It's always a tradeoff between quality and price... or more specifically durability (assuming that you don't need to re-string as much) and performance. You could keep looking, or just resign to the fact that the "ideal" string doesn't exist:(.

#3 cappy75, Oct 19, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2003