User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Whats the deal with that lens? 85mm prime?

I think the 70-200 f2.8 USM would be the ultimate, yeah?
    Yes, 70-200 2.8L Mark II would be a great lens. It depends on the location and the lighting. Today, I was at ISO3200, 1/640th and f2.0.

If I was using the 70-200 f2.8L, I would have had to either drop the shutter speed or raise the ISO. I had to use primes.

85/1.8 is relatively less expensive, focuses very quick and allows pictures in poorly lit gyms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own a OMD, except I haven't used it for badminton purposes. But very good camera!!!!!!!!! I am a DSLR user and wanted something small for travel purposes, took it out of it's amazing box, had a few shots and could picture myself using the camera all the time. Just feels great in the hands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hey...
    I'm late to this game.

I picked up the E-M1 when it was first released.

As my first foray into m4/3 it's been pretty interesting.

I too am a traditional DSLR shooter, with a sizeable investment in the canikon ecosystems.

Very good solid little cameras, and the image quality is surprisingly good.
    The shutter speed is awesome as is the FPS, though I'd recommend of course always renting the equipment to try before buying.
    I'd also recommend a fast memory card, if you decide to use the EM-1 for fast motion images, slower cards bogged down while saving for me.

AF for my purposes, performed well.

edit: Haven't used it for badminton, but have used it for other fast motion images.
    Will pick up the recently released lens (40-150mm f2.8) to give it a try around October.

For comparison I did pick up the Fuji XT-1, Sony a7S, and Panasonic GH4 as I'm learning video, and working on a documentary project for charity.

I'll post back some images for them when I have time to take some for badminton/sports.
    Last edited by CBlack; 07-22-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlack View Post

For comparison I did pick up the Fuji XT-1, Sony a7S, and Panasonic GH4 as I'm learning video, and working on a documentary project for charity.

I'll post back some images for them when I have time to take some for badminton/sports.
    @CBlack

Are you trying to impress us?

Interested in that XT1 vs GH4. Do report back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    @CBlack

Are you trying to impress us?

Interested in that XT1 vs GH4. Do report back.
    No not at all, if anything I think it shows how indecisive I was when these bodies were released

When I was younger, and reading these forums.
    I had really taken a liking to the amazing photos that a few of you were taking with your DSLR cameras.

I had purchased a used body on a whim, but didn't really understand the thought process behind making great images.
    So while the passion was inside me, I didn't end up taking the time to really learn the tools of the trade.

It wasn't until a few years ago, that I was sitting down with my boss (wife ), and realized I really don't have any wonderful photos to share, other than a few cell phone pictures.

She soon became very ill, and was hospitalized for about 3 and a half months and our lives forever changed.

I had almost lost her.

I've dedicated myself since to help the charity foundation raise awareness for her rare disease, and using photography & film making to tell stories.
    I've done a lot of fund raising events in the past, so this was only a natural extension for myself to help out where possible.

I find that learning photography really has helped me immensely when it comes to video.

One tool that really fired me up again using DSLR, was actually the OM-D E-M1

The weather sealing (look online for Steve Huff photo where he dunks his E-M1 under water while its powered on), really sold me on the possibility of where or what I could do with the camera under adverse conditions.

Not saying its not possible with the other brands or with DSLR, because it absolutely is, but I also happen to like the portability of the mirrorless formats.

Not a fan of battery life, but that's why we purchase more batteries

In a strange way, I'd like to thank those people who always posted photos, and discussed the subject of photography here, as it gave me a creative outlet in life that later turned into a thriving passion.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2