User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow More and more PAWers are picking via their phones

Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    I for one will not review the LT again. It takes alot of time and stress.
    It is stressful on the eyes especially when you have PAWERS making PAW picks the incorrect way, especially when it`s all bunched up.

I wouldn`t even bother counting picks that are done incorrectly if I was running it myself but for Sandy and Jimmy_Goh respectively, who without those two, we would not have a fun and competitive game to play, I have tried to ease their burden a little.
    I agree... It's getting harder and harder to add up PAWers' points because more and more PAWers are picking via their phones.

I have a suggestion; but it's more work for Sandy and Jimmy_Goh doing the Fixtures and Scoring Points layout (doubling the number of available picks).

Here is an example of my suggested method;

Item NO.[..] MT501 [ ]Wang.Yihan.[1]....... v [ ]Li.Xuerui.[2]........(. 9 - 11 ) delete [ ] can be split into 2 parts, like this

NO.[..] MT501a (9) Wang.Yihan.[1] delete [ ] ........which is 9 points available to be won.
    NO.[..] MT501b (11) Li.Xuerui.[2] delete [ ] .,,.........which is 11 points available to be won.

PAWers can then submit their picks (via their phones and/or computers), for example picking his/her 28th pick like this;
    NO.[28] MT501a (9)

Just a thought, perhaps I may not know about other problems that could be brought in by this method.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-29-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,Good that you are making suggestions, but my opinion is this will create more work for both Sandy and me. Plus, the LT compilation may also take a longer time due to double the lines needed to copy and paste, and review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Hi robin7 and Dmitry,
    I am not in Singapore this week and I am pretty tied up in December too. Can I suggest both of you to re-tabulate the Hong Kong SS LT and post it here by this Saturday? If both of you can help to do this, I will find some time on Sat/Sun to compare all 3 LT (aZn_Popcorn, robin7 & Dmitry), and re-post the HK SS LT.
    Thanks
    Hi Jimmy,
    I won't recalculate the whole LT due to busy time, so I even don't mind if the current LT remains unchanged.
    Moreover, I've decided to retire from PAW game, and the upcoming SS Final will be my last tournament here.
    One of the positive moments is that, when pawing, I often root for players against my sympathy - just because I picked them. Without pawing, I'll always cheer for my favorite players, even if I believe they are likely to lose.

Anyway, playing this game for about 6 years was a very interesting and exciting experience for me. Once again, I would like to thank Sandy for organizing, and all volunteers (especially Jimmy) for assistance and support in conducting the PAW game.

I wish everyone a good luck, and hope my teammates will find a good replacement for the Dream Team, of which I am a member from the very creating.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Most PAWers submitting their picks via their phones don't number their picks

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I agree... It's getting harder and harder to add up PAWers' points because more and more PAWers are picking via their phones.

I have a suggestion; but it's more work for Sandy and Jimmy_Goh doing the Fixtures and Scoring Points layout (doubling the number of available picks).

Item NO.[..] MT501 [ ]Wang.Yihan.[1]....... v [ ]Li.Xuerui.[2]........(. 9 - 11 ) delete [ ] can be split into 2 parts, like this

NO.[..] MT501a (9) Wang.Yihan.[1] delete [ ] ........which is 9 points available to be won.
    NO.[..] MT501b (11) Li.Xuerui.[2] delete [ ] .,,.........which is 11 points available to be won.

PAWers can then submit their picks (via their phones and/or computers), for example picking his/her 28th pick like this;
    NO.[28] MT501a (9)

Just a thought, perhaps I may not know about other problems that could be brought in by this method.
    Hi Chris,Good that you are making suggestions, but my opinion is this will create more work for both Sandy and me. Plus, the LT compilation may also take a longer time due to double the lines needed to copy and paste, and review.
    Yes, as I thought, it would be more work for Sandy and you (doing the Fixtures and Scoring Points layout by doubling the number of available picks).

Regarding PAWers submitting their picks via their phones, perhaps when found, PAWers on the computer can resubmit their entries for them, to make the LT compilation done easier. But could this create double submissions - when most PAWers submitting their picks via their phones don't number their picks.

PAWers submitting their picks without numbering their picks also create another problem.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-01-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    Hi Jimmy,
    I won't recalculate the whole LT due to busy time, so I even don't mind if the current LT remains unchanged.
    Moreover, I've decided to retire from PAW game, and the upcoming SS Final will be my last tournament here.
    One of the positive moments is that, when pawing, I often root for players against my sympathy - just because I picked them. Without pawing, I'll always cheer for my favorite players, even if I believe they are likely to lose.

Anyway, playing this game for about 6 years was a very interesting and exciting experience for me. Once again, I would like to thank Sandy for organizing, and all volunteers (especially Jimmy) for assistance and support in conducting the PAW game.

I wish everyone a good luck, and hope my teammates will find a good replacement for the Dream Team, of which I am a member from the very creating.
    sorry to hear that, Dmitry, was nice having you around, wish you all the best!

unrelated, over the last 2 or 3 years paw-game feels less enjoyable to me as it seems it has become too much of a burden for the organizers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post

NO.[28] MT501a (9)

maybe we need to have a web-application for this game, such that PAWers can pick in an easy way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    Hi Jimmy,

You will be missed Dmitry.

You are one o strongest pawer around BC.

But me and the rest if DRM team are respect for your decision.

It will be hard to find replacement for you.

Thanks for your contribution for DRM team all this time

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22