A christmas tip for UK yonex shoppers

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by amleto, Nov 22, 2012.

1. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Compare buying from uk internet retailer e.g. centralsports/sweatband/milletsports, with buying from germany/france (including added p+p) and also compared with importing from taiwan

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]£[/TD]
    [TD]£ from EU[/TD]
    [TD]£ from taiwan[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]arc10[/TD]
    [TD]140[/TD]
    [TD]120[/TD]
    [TD]130[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]vtzf[/TD]
    [TD]180[/TD]
    [TD]130[/TD]
    [TD]135[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]vt80[/TD]
    [TD]160[/TD]
    [TD]130[/TD]
    [TD]130[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]ns9900[/TD]
    [TD]140[/TD]
    [TD]120[/TD]
    [TD]130[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

So if you are/were thinking of buying yonex soon, I seriously do a bit of research!

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Good price before ~20% tax + clearance fee (+ paypal cost) yes ;) (which is always a risk so you should include it in your estimate and a given when shipped EMS or courier). Taiwan prices up there might (probably) not even have that included yet ...
    EU prices, seen slightly better yet including a high estimate of 15 euro shipping cost.
    Guestimate pre-tax NS9900 from e78/MBS probably 115-120GBP, after ~ 150. Taiwan, assuming EMS, from a certain ebay store would be closer to 170GBP.

#3 demolidor, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    i have bought 20+ rackets from hong kong, malaysia, china. different brands different shops, yonex, victor apacs. i think only one lot got charged by customs .even then it was such a small amount like 20quid it still made buying in hong kong cheaper.

actually top yonex rackets in hong kong around 1200hkd mark. quick xe makes it 97 pounds. plus shipping about 10pounds, seriously, any racket in hk would be cheaper even after shipping then uk.
    unless they are on offer in uk.

take the victor brave sword,when it came out in uk it was like 130-140 pounds? you can buy that for 1100 in hong kong now. coming to 95 pounds before shipping. but now its selling on central sports for 100 pounds.

however a newer racket like victor mx jjs, barely out in uk, projected prices are coming out at 160pounds!:O but in hong kong they are selling for 1150 now. just under 100 pounds. so there you would be making a decent saving.

5. tiching99

tiching99 Regular Member

Could you list some trustworthy asian/european websites to buy from?

Don't want to be suckered into buying fakes!

6. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    best asian e78......
    he has fb as well so really quite convenient, fast shipping too about a week from hong kong.....his fb website puts up sale items regularly too.....

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think you are missing the point of the thread, or maybe my interpretation of it :D, which I believe is that instead of your first instinct: looking for a cheap deal in Asia, the prices in mainland Europe are practically as good and already include VAT so zero chance of a *surprise* ;). You are also forgetting 7% paypal and currency exchange charges (but in UK case currency exchange still applies for EUR). The main reason to buy from Asia at the current exchange rates is availability and availability of other models, weights and grip sizes (but yes that is my main store as well from Asia).

#7 demolidor, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

20 quid is impossible unless as usual the value was faked of course on the package (which they will happily do, believe you can even pick it as an option at mybadmintonstore in the dropdown shipping menu :D). Dutch customs asks for a paypal receipt nowadays or other form of receipt when the declaration is in doubt should it get inspected.
    Victor is a different story indeed though I should add, insane pricing strategy in Europe ...

#8 demolidor, Nov 24, 2012
  9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

First of all those prices are not representative of the general pricing but you can say the same about e78. Secondly it's mostly the so called "Asian" models you pay through the nose for in comparison to the Asian pricing. Imo, it seems they are trying to make their own line look more appealing ...
    Thirdly their Yonex prices are on the higher side as well in contrast to their Victor prices. I mean the unstrung NR700's can be had for 25 euro less elsewhere for example ...

In any case all of these prices probably look good compared to the UK so to come back to the moral of the story: look around (abroad) [​IMG]!

#10 demolidor, Nov 24, 2012