Genuine MX 80 ?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by andhwk, Nov 22, 2012.

1. andhwk

andhwk Regular Member

teacher
    Just bought from a forumer from lowyat.net. Just want to make sure it is genuine. Your input is much appreciated.
    DSC_0567.JPG DSC_0573.JPG DSC_0569.JPG DSC_0570.JPG DSC_0574.JPG

Attached Files:

2. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    Looks fake from the butt cap and cone
    Victor butt cap with taiwan words should be looks darker ( without Taiwan word, the butt cap should be look light blue like yours) , and is that glitter around the butt cap?

From the cone , its should be engraved not printed, but yours looks like printed ( I dont know , you should feel that when u touch it), and usually the double circle on cone shouldnt that big , coz when its engraved it doesnt mean really circle , should be got something mess up

you should look from victor expert / other members too

3. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    kinda agree with u bro... the butt cap looks weird, i mean the colour is too light when it shud have dark blue...

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The butt cap is the weirdest thing out of everything. I don't know if there have been any changes recently but as far as I know having been through so many victor rackets is that the MIT victor's butt should be a darker shade of blue and look glossy. This instead looks like the matte "rough" textured blue used on all the other rackets which aren't MIT.

Just to show an example this is the butt cap of my first gen BS 10. I intentionally overexposed the photo yet even then it's obviously not as bright a blue.
    [​IMG]

5. elPavel

elPavel Regular Member

genuine vs. fake comparison

Hi,
    that above MX80 seems original to me.
    The logo is correct, the specs are clear and visible and there is nothing to say about the bottom cap.

Here i have another X80 which seems fake. I bought it from "someone" for 70 USD saying it was a shop clearance.
    Well, fake or not fake.?!?
    The material and the painting seems original but the writing is unclear,and the logo seems different.
    WHAT IS WRONG:
    - bottom cap - there are small gaps between the white logo and the blue surraoundings, it is also visible on the photo. and it is smooth, while it should be "matte/frosty.
    - grip - is very poor, lacks tackyness, or is really old
    - specs - on the cone are of bad quality, really poor. letters are not aligned, are quite blurry
    - shaft - again, the writing is not in line, it is quqite "wavy"
    - code - eventhough the code seems legit, it cant come from legit shot, while heree in Europe, it starts always with DE?1111111 not TW.......
    - logo - at T-joint is misaligned a bit, and is not very clear. It also consists of no "waves" (see previous post pics)
    Other than these, all seem Ok including material, painting, heavyness, ballance, stiffness.
    Well, to be honest, it seem more like B-grade original due to the writing and bottom cap, rather than a fake racket of low quality.
    I didn´t play with it yet, I may do later. But I compared this one to the original Victor rackets and the original MX80 i checked in legit shop.
    Here are the photos...
    DOWN DSCF9793.jpg DOWN DSCF9824.jpg GRIP DSCF9833.jpg CONE DSCF9830.jpg CONE DSCF9839.jpg CONE 2 DSCF9834.jpg CODE DSCF9842.jpg SHAFT DSCF9835.jpg SHAFT DSCF9808.jpg SHAFT DSCF9822.jpg DSCF9825.jpg LOGO DSCF9827.jpg LOGO DSCF9809.jpg DSCF9799.jpg DSCF9814.jpg DSCF9819.jpg DSCF9820.jpg DSCF9821.jpg

So, what do you think???

6. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

elPavel, your mx80 is definitely fake. The font on the specs at the cone is really bad.

7. elPavel

elPavel Regular Member

I agree it cannot be 100% original.
    And what do you thinkabout the material, espetially the carbon parts in the head??
    I dont think it can be "cloned" easily..
    Can it be just some B-grade (almost)original???:confused:
    also the painting seems like original, it is really well painted..

8. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

I'm not sure about that though. I'm only very certain that it's not authentic.

9. elPavel

elPavel Regular Member

Have U ever come to such a "fake" that it looked so real and also wac clearly no authentic at the saem time?
    I always thought fakes and clones are really obviously fakes and clones , with low quality materials, paints etc.
    I was surprised by this..

10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    easy, what they did is not using the real carbon woven.there is a technique called hard / heat press (or something like that), where you can use normal carbon, and using a press, you can make a carbon woven patternthere are many fakes which is good enough to be claimed as genuine on cosmetic level, but it will be very different on spec.====to answer TS post, IMO it looks good..

11. elPavel

elPavel Regular Member

Hey again,
    so I did some testing and can say it plays "reasonably" Ok.:eek:
    I also visited the shop with a genuine one and compared to the original, the fake is too flexy , lets say 4/5. While orig should be almost stiff 2/5.
    The bottom cone should really be "matte".
    and the quality of the logo on the bottom cap is hard to tell, bec. also on the original it lacks some quality to be honest.:eek:
    What more, I also found some mis-alignment of the text on my original BS12N:eek: (yes, original, bought from official Country importer this time :);)
    Also the thermo(?) bag for BS 12 is of poor quality...
    And also the text, i mean the specs, on the cone is really not perfect neither on the originals. neither on the MX80 i checked in the shop, neither on my new BS12N :-/
    Sometimes it seems to me, generally, the Victor rackets lack the 100% design quality :) and for that it is harder to distinguish the fakes :):p
    but originals Play wonderfully, really!!

I will post another thread with the photos of BS12N and will compare it with cheap BS12n fake i ordered just because of curiosity.:)
    cheers