User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are probably the hottest pair right now..
    Liu Xiao Long is very aggressive and agile on court..But he has to be careful at times as his footwork and gripping are not that consistent at times. Anyway, this is the pair to watch for this year 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully they aren't going to be like Lee Sheng Mu and Fang Chieh Min, hottest pair for a few months and then can't even get through to quarterfinals.
    I think they'll get analysed by all the other teams to bits now, so expect to see their results to drop for the next leg of SS tournaments)

All new MD pairs seem to have waves of high performance, and only few pairs can stay at the top (e.g. CY/FHF, LYD/JJS, old shool KKK/TBH, and Boe/Mo)

Critically speaking, their most formidable weapon at the moment is LXL's ability to really turn the heat on when they are at a deficit with raw mental strength. Though important to have, I don't think they have the full package of all the skills such as deception, angles and change of pace. The pairs that stay at the top can normally play any pair at their own game and smoke them out. LXL/QZH only really play a fast powerful game. Once they're figured out (I assume after this leg of superseries), then we'll really see the depth of their strength, and how they morph out of their shell. They are otherwise very entertaining to watch, and show the Korean defense can be cracked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually quite sceptical about Cai' s injury. I wonder if he wanted to take a rest like Lin Dan but he did it a way that he didn't have to pay penalty. Nobody knows their condition apart from the chinese team. They certainly will go with the team if they are good enough but I am uncertain whether they will play n MD for China.

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    This indeed is a very legitimate answer... After LOG2013, followed by rumor that CaiFu gonna retired soon, i start thinking that China will face difficulties finding a good MD which i mean good enough to challenge BoMo, Korean MD, and friends. Hong Wei/Shen Ye just not that good, Chai Biao keep changing partner. Suddenly Long/Han astonishing performance in 2013 AE really stunned me, especially when i watch their match against BoMo, what a match, Long/Han keep coming after BoMo and finally taken their heart and defeat them. CBA coaches will feel a little bit relieved after this combo achievements so far.

Regarding who will be chosen for Sudirman Cup, it is a very hard question to be answered. CaiFu are among those which are chosen to be trained at Hainan Island in preparation for Sudirman Cup, and so are LXL/QZH and HW/CB. In past several editions of Sudirman Cup, AFAIK China has always won every matches played. I have a hunch that Cai/Fu will still be chosen as their 1st MD since the beginning due to their vast experience in team events unless they are injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LXL/QZH are a very good pair and is expected to take over from cai/Fu . I think there is still room to improve to become more cohesive and complete pair. They will get better and better.

Regards
    James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they suck and their style is ugly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Everybody entitles to their own opinion. In sport, style is important for the fans. But for players what matter the most is a win within the rule in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakular View Post

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakular View Post
    Therefore all other md pairs must have sucked a lot more since LXL/QZH won the title

Their style is very different from any other pairs, as far as I can compare this. Flat and fast net / drive / push game instead of the common attacking style. It's obviously less enjoying for visitors since there are less of the smash rallys. But on the other hands it's a style which seems to work and which we can learn from.

Their style reveals the importance of the mid-court game. They may have no super smashes (rather weak if I'm allowed to say that), but superb mid-court and net coverage (by LXL).
    LXL reminds me a little bit of Bao Chunlai. Skinny, and little bit creepy moves :P

Oh, wait. Something important to add: The top danes in MD play much uglier. Smashes with handwrists only, delaying serves all the time.
    I also do not know why I always have the feeling that they have a huge antipathy against asians and especially chinese. I can't tell you what they to or act like, but I always have this feeling when watching a game of them.
    Last edited by Accordaz; 04-28-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love watching this pair. I like their agility on court and their fighting spirit. Between LXL and QZH, in my opinion, QZH is more error prone to LXL. I agree with 0ozafo0 opinion, that LXL is the absolute cracker in this duo, especially with his tremendous speed from mid court to front court and turn opponent's dropshot or placement to their advantage. It is indeed very true that their style of play will be figured out by other duos who are eager to knock them out, however on the other side of the court CBA team will of course evaluate their performance from tourneys to tourneys, from matches to matches, and I am sure CBA will find the antidote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this pair the first time actually in the Canadian open in 2010 I think? I think they played LYD and I forgot who is partner is at that time as it was not JJS... Was really impressed with LXL's quickness... They lost to the Korean pair at that time but pushed them to 3 sets if I remembered correctly. They do play a different style than your conventional MD but maybe that's what makes them successful. It is true though their biggest tests will come during the latter part of the season as teams and coaches take note of their play style and try to counter it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surprisingly this pair have not beaten KKK/TBH before...

it appears their head-to-head record is 0-6 in favor of KKK/TBH including a straight set loss to KKK/TBH in this year Korea Open 2013..

but then again that's just KKK/TBH for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the correct chinese name is 邱子 not 邱子翰

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sportstar View Post
    the correct chinese name is 邱子 not 邱子翰
    What's the Chinese equivalence of a Grammar Nazi? Just kidding, didn't even notice the error, good spot

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

name fixed.

interestingly, when i was googling for his name, google also returned:

邱资憨

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiu_Zihan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They really excel in the drive/push game at the front of the court. Both players are very quick to crouch and drive back shots that most players would block or lift. LXL in particular anticipates well and is great at lunging forward and to the sides.

However, I don't think that they are actually faster than the other pairs, they are just extremely aggressive and move forwards at every opportunity. If I was coaching a team to play against them I would probably suggest using flat lifts and deceptive pushes instead of mid court drives. I have seen quite a few times when they are both charging towards the net and caught by a simple lift and forced to play a weak drop or high clear. Once the other pairs start to figure this out, they will need to change their play style a bit and learn how to rotate better.

On a different note, this pair also seems to use gamesmanship a lot. They like to glare and use delay tactics. If you look at 20-all in the first game in the India Open MD finals against LYD/KSH, you can see them simultaneously start wiping sweat off as soon as Ko hits his serve, after being in their ready stance. There's no way this was a coincidence, especially after the Koreans had won two points to make it 20-all. I believe the umpire should have awarded the Koreans the point, especially since the Chinese pair did not even have their hands up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Really impressing how both pairs - especially the chinese - were playing net shots while the opponent were right in front of them.

They really "believe" in their skills at the net. As an amateur like me I would just call them all riskful shots :P

But I totally agree that LXL swiped the sweat at 20-20, G1 in a very very bad moment. I don't know if it was intentionally. Maybe a little bit. Or maybe pure intention? We will see if he's going to do something like this again. It's unfair and not sportsman like. Let's hope he has noticed that his move was going too far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two are certainly not habitual offenders like WSX. I'd give them the benefit of doubt.

In the match against Danish pair, the Danish receiver seemed to have signalled for delay, QZH (?) hesitated but could not hold back and served to the wrong court. I though the umpire should have given a let. But nothing happened and the Danish won the point. The Chinese players had a puzzled look but just moved on. With this as an example, I don't think they are the type to take little advantages.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Therefore all other md pairs must have sucked a lot more since LXL/QZH won the title

Their style is very different from any other pairs, as far as I can compare this. Flat and fast net / drive / push game instead of the common attacking style. It's obviously less enjoying for visitors since there are less of the smash rallys. But on the other hands it's a style which seems to work and which we can learn from.

Their style reveals the importance of the mid-court game. They may have no super smashes (rather weak if I'm allowed to say that), but superb mid-court and net coverage (by LXL).
    LXL reminds me a little bit of Bao Chunlai. Skinny, and little bit creepy moves :P

Oh, wait. Something important to add: The top danes in MD play much uglier. Smashes with handwrists only, delaying serves all the time.
    I also do not know why I always have the feeling that they have a huge antipathy against asians and especially chinese. I can't tell you what they to or act like, but I always have this feeling when watching a game of them.
    Really can't agree with that post....well, parts of it. They don't actually play a whole different style, they just refuse to lift very often. If you watch older matches of LYD/JJS and KKK/TBH the style is actually somewhat similar (with LYD/JJS defending more and better, though).

However, they don't have weak smashes. QZH actually has a pretty powerful smash. In the 2011 WC he got over 260 several times iirc - with only JJS and FHF getting over the 280 mark and only Fu encroaching on the big 300.
    Also, LXL isn't skinny at all. Just look at those legs The only match where he isn't the most muscular on court is when they're up against Ko Sung Hyun
    He does have a slightly unorthodox technique though, playing his forehand with a grip turned slightly towards backhand, and moving with his toes pointed inwards most of the time. Still, it seems to work well for him....until his hips or knees refuse to take that battering any longer

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast