Advice please!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nix212, Nov 23, 2012.

1. nix212

nix212 New Member

I'm a competitive regional player up in Aberdeen and occasionally play in nationally ranked events around Scotland also. I play doubles mostly although do play competitive singles as well, my game is mainly based around power however I would like to introduce some more control into my shots. I have typically used head-heavy rackets such as Yonex Armortec, Z-slash and more recently have moved onto Victor, using the Super Inside Wave 33.

Could somebody recommend a racket that retains power but at the same time gives me more control around the net for a player of my standard?

2. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

If you want to stay with Victor, the Meteor X80 is a racket with good power and control. From the Victor range, this is one of my favorites. It's a little head heavy so easier to handle, aerodynamic for speed, and one of the stiffest rackets arround today for superb control.

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

victor mx series of rackets are pretty good in this respect I think (mx60, mx70, mx80).

4. nix212

nix212 New Member

ok thanks for your help guys, notice the MX70 is on offer on Central at £90, seems reasonable. Not sure if I wanna stick with Victor though, was thinking of trying Li-Ning, the UC range is well priced

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

UC range, if done by any other brand would probably be £40-£50 rackets, not £70/£80