Arcsaber 8dx Vs Voltric Z-Force [I want you opinions on which is better]

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Danze, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Danze

Danze Regular Member

This person is selling 8dx and Voltric z-force for the same price.
    I am wondering which one would be the best choice. I have used the 8dx, I love the feel of it, especially the slight head heavy feel of it. Which would you prefer from the two?

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It's too much of a personal choice for people to advise on, if you get 10 responses from people saying that they prefer the ZF and only 1 saying they prefer 8DX, would that mean the ZF will suit you more? Would it mean the 8DX is not a good racquet?

However if you can be more specific about what you're looking for in a racquet then people would probably be able to help.

3. malinosega

malinosega Regular Member

student
    For me it s always vtzf. I ve never used arc8dx b4 n i ve read good reviews about that racket.No recommendation here, i jst wanna help n share my opi haha.I have 2 vtzf both 3u one is g4 (using rubber grip over original grip) and g5(using thick towel grip and original grip removed). Feels perfect for me. Idk how but the shuttle's speed doesnt go down when i smash or drive hard. So be careful when doing hard shot, has to be accurate. Nice control for me i really feel in smashing since i do single. I m standing by my sideline, smashing thru the court sideline is really comfortable. I love it!!String: nbg 95 tension: 27x29 lbs.

4. Danze

Danze Regular Member

Ahahah! Dude, I travelled 60km to buy a VTZF this morning! How is it man? Is it a lot better than other yonex rackets? More detail! I can't wait to string mine and use it.

5. malinosega

student
    Great choice mate!! I tried vt80 b4 and this is stil the best. Did u buy 3u or 4u? I assume u buy the 3u one cos the 4u is like 100 bucks more in aussie. I live in sydney b4 so i know not many ppl will go for 4u.At first i feel it too heavy and started to practise to get more wrist power to get the hang of it, but i was wrong! Why many say this racket is not for everyone is because they think they need such a big power to handle this 'beast'. But i figured that s not it. U need to feel every shot n transfer ur power to the racket, especially its head. Sorry that i can only comment on single playing since i dont use this racket in doubles. Can't imagine she s clashing with other person's racket lol.My two cents, dont give up when u feel this racket is not for u. Try hitting til u at least experience the 'crushing' effect i m sure u ll think otherwise. Please don't string it on 25 lbs or below to unleash the true potential of this racket. Yes lower tension will give u more power n bigger sweetspot but i believe this racket is just not made for that. Consistency is the key. Happy hitting til u get the 'kresh' sound!! HahaI dont have to say anything bout the looks. It s just right. How do i say it not too much or too less and yet elegant.Idk or it s just me but i dont think this racket is suitable for double when u can not attack all the time. I feel double is too fast to feel every stroke unlike in single. I m used to be responsible for every single shot i make n it s just not how u play double, m i right.

6. malinosega

student
    O yea another thing, there is this guy telling me use bg66 or bg66um to have better performance with this racket. He said thinner string will reduce the head heaviness. I jst thought, why buying vtzf if u dont want the special head heavy it offers? That s why i stick with nbg95. I dont bother trying other strings. But idk he could be right i m no pro so dont take it for granted. (Wait i m sure he s no pro either) haha.

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

which is better? Yawn. Neither. /thread.

8. malinosega

student
    How r u and ur vtzf?? Get along well? Lol

9. Danze

Danze Regular Member

VTZF is feels so good to clear, the tri voltage technology is so evident. You can feel the extra power when you try to clear. Very good racket.