Need help choosing a low end yonex racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by darpanchoudhary, Nov 23, 2012.

1. darpanchoudhary

darpanchoudhary Regular Member

student
    I am searching for a low end yonex racket....my style of play is attacking,although i own a voltric 5 but still i want to go for a new racket of course at the low end side of yonex series....So please suggest me some rackets which i can go for..i dont want to go for voltric..I can go for NANOSPEED,CARBONEX,ARCSABER,NANORAY..so suggest accordingly:)

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

You want a new racket because... ?

Just pick one at random. That's all anyone else can do for you with the given information.

3. darpanchoudhary

student
    Obviously i want a racket to play with and i have told i am an offensive player,derefore it wud be better if the racket is a bit head light or even balance,flex of the raclet is not a problem..so now suggest me wich racket to go for?

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Stereotypical attacking players prefer head heavy, not head light rackets.

Sorry, you may understand this better:
    da normal atak plyr prob like hed hvy nt hd lite, innit!

#4 amleto, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  5. darpanchoudhary

student
    So what am i trying to speak in?????

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

ah, you are too fast! :p

7. darpanchoudhary

student
    I already own a too much head heavy racket wich is the voltric 5..hence just for a change i want to go for a bit head light or even balanced racket,now is it ok???

8. darpanchoudhary

student
    I already own a too much head heavy racket wich is the voltric 5..hence just for a change i want to go for a bit head light or even balanced racket,now is it ok?

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

ok, so you've narrowed it down to any low end NANOSPEED,CARBONEX,ARCSABER,NANORAY, that is not head heavy (so that doesn't help since non of the above lines are head heavy (don't know about cab - cant buy them any more where I am)), and you don't care about flex (so that doesn't eliminate any rackets either).

So how many rackets is that? 20? 30?

It probably doesn't make much difference at all which one you pick.

10. darpanchoudhary

student
    Have you played with nanospeed 100 or arcsaber 002???

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I have played with ns300. Not sure if they still do that one or not. Think I had two and they both developed the same 'fault'. They started to click near the handle - it was pretty annoying!

For the price, I think other brands do better low/mid range rackets.

12. calhounman

calhounman Regular Member

Hey darpanchoudhary, I can only speak for the Nanospeed 100 as it is the only one I am aware of that may meet your price range (I believe you said that the ArcSaber 002 may be too much). As for the Nanospeed 100, it is definitely not a high end racket, but I feel that it is definitely a nice all-around beginner/intermediate racket. It is even balanced, fairly light, and therefore pretty easy to wield in doubles.

I bought it for my wife and I actually use it from time to time as it is a decent racket to play with. I would be interested in what others have to say, but I think this might be the best bang for your buck. Keep in mind though, this is not the type of racket that will generate super powerful smashes but is decent in all areas. If you get a chance try one out before buying it.

Ignore some of what amleto is saying, since a) he was being pretty rude and b) was not really offering you much helpful info. Not everyone knows everything about rackets...and from personal experience it takes a long time to get a "feel" for what you like and of course, trying many different rackets.

Good luck!

Edit: I just re-read his latest comment, I have tried the NS300 and I wasn't crazy about it. I found it stiffer (which may make it harder for you to generate power if you are a less experienced player) and wasn't worth the extra cash. Again, it is all personal preference, but I would suggest the NS100 for what you are describing as your criteria.

13. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Just be prepared to spend a little bit more, and go try a CAB20sp ... from your dilemma, I think it will solve your problem nicely .... it is a bit heavier than Cab8000Ti, NS100 etc ... but lighter and faster than Voltrics .... the IDEAL ALL ROUND RACQUET ... after this Cab20sp, you don't have to buy any more racquets unless you break it !! and they last for YEARS !!

14. darpanchoudhary

student
    Thanks a lot for your helpful reply,even i am more inclined towards the nanospeed 100.I will try to swing it at the shop and try to get a feel of it so that i can decide whether to go for it or not.I do not expect powerful smashes from the rackets i am going to get in my budget,I am just looking for a decent racket with all round performance.And once again thank you for your reply:)

15. darpanchoudhary

student
    Thank you for your advice but it is totally out of my budget....

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I understand.

Do you mind waiting and saving for it then ? Trust me, I can see you go down the same road as me, buying and trying a few other racquets and EVENTUALLY still ending up with Cab20sp ... if I had done so from DAY ONE, I would still save more money instead of ending up "exploring" ...

A Cab20sp cost 2X a Nanopseed 100 or a Cab 8000Ti ... in Malaysia.

However, since your budget is tight then ....

The closest to the Cab20sp, I would say would be the Cab8000Ti or Cab 8000 Power ... rather than Cab 8000 Plus or Light.

Since you like SMASHING and OFFENSIVE play, do avoid Nanospeed 100, way too head-light , you will feel "no ooommmpphhh" ... better to get the Cabs above.

17. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

i thought low end yonex are the steel/aluminium rackets?

I wouldn't go for a headlight racket if you are used to using Voltric 5, even balance should be ok to adjust to

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Steel/alu ?? Lol, no...

19. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

yes... i have few a these myself
    Yonex B-700 (low torsion steel shaft, something like that)
    or is that low-low end...

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

That's the low-low end ... to use your terminology ;)

Yonex got 3 ranges of racquets depending on country of production - Japan (top), Taiwan (mid) and China (low) ....

I will normally say, BEST of the mid-range is to get the HIGHEST mid-range Taiwanese made, just before the Japanese ones as per the Yonex catalogue ...

In the case here, that will be Cab8000 Ti

#20 maxout, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012