Victor MX80 vs Yonex Arcsaber 8DX

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by f1rst, Nov 24, 2012.

1. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Looking for a quick comparison between these two rackets. Has anyone experience with them both. Looking for information on swing speeds, stiffness, net play and drives.

All comments appreciated.

Cheers

2. stansh

stansh Regular Member

I have owned these 2 before, I felt MX 80 lighter than 8 DX and more balance. 8 DX slightly head heavier.

3. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Anybody have any comments on the manoeuvrability of these rackets? What sort of reaction do they both give during fast exchanges and drives?

4. Vomit

Vomit Regular Member

IT Consultant
    It really depends on what sort of racket you're used to using.

My own experience is from switching from an Armortec 800 Def to a MX80(3u) - I've found that my control and power has improved, however maneuverability wise I'm finding shots at or near the body a lot harder to clear due to the racket being heavier and more stiff

Afraid I've not tried the 8dx.

5. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    i found the mx80 to be stiffer, lighter, and hence more maneuverable. the arc8dx felt more meaty and more damped. i prefer the mx80.

6. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

I'm using both of the rackets currently with the same string/tension setups (VS850 @27lbs) and my experience from using them in mens doubles/mixed games.

MX80
    I find the the MX80 to be the more stiff/direct feeling of the two rackets, drives and smashes are easy and it still retains enough maneuverability to defend ok and play a good net game. definitely more head heavy than the 8DX. I can honestly say this is my favorite racket for driving, gives a very positive feeling playing these kinds of shots.

8DX
    I find this racket to be stiff but not so much as the MX80 (despite the 'extra stiff' designation in the spec) drives are good but you have to work a bit more to generate power in your smashes compared the MX80. Net play and defense with this racket is great, feels very sharp and quick when you come forwards to play the net and make kills.

Both have strengths in particular areas and I switch between depending on how i feel/play.

Had very similar results with BG80 string but found it a little hard for the 8DX and my shoulder! YMMV