How is Yonex BG 65 Ti?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kamineni.naren, Nov 24, 2012.

1. kamineni.naren

kamineni.naren Regular Member

Student
    I want to use this string to my voltric 7 @ 24 Lbs. I am kind of player like Hard hitting,Power and sound............,

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

hmmmm ... I think BG80 will be a better fit - for power, hard hitting and sound :)

3. maxout

maxout Regular Member

BG65Ti is also a good string but there are players who dislike the coating , too slippery it seems although I did not notice when I tried it.

My next string to try will be BG66 Maxima if I can find them in Msia , thought of importing in from Japan but postage alone will double the price - not economical just for testing :(

4. kamineni.naren

kamineni.naren Regular Member

Student
    BG 80 R BG 80 Power?

5. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Try BG80 if you like the hard feeling and the sound. I was previously using BG65Ti, went with the BG80 and never looked back XD

For the slippery problem, I did notice some problem as it's a bit harder to control the shuttle, compared to BG80, but you have to be sensitive enough to actually notice it.

I never tried BG80P, so not much comment for it, but from what i heard, it's not as hard as BG80, so I didn't bothered to look into it. Hope this help!

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I do like BG65Ti as its a bit of an all rounder.

It's a thick string that still gives that nice "ping" you would normally only find with thinner strings. Durability is good being a thick string and if you like to smash everything that comes at you, this string is for you. Control wise it is average, it is a little slippery as some people have said but it is not that bad.

However be warned, it is known for its tension loss. If pre-stretched the tension does last adequately in my experience. It is one of my preferred strings as I like the all-rounder characteristics of it as well as the metallic feel of the string. One thing I do notice with thicker strings, and particularly with BG65Ti is that it reduces vibration more effectively and in doing so also makes the sweetspot seemingly bigger. Now, I can't convince myself as to the logic of this but it does feel bigger - so, to me BG65Ti is made for smashers! ;)

7. Danze

Danze Regular Member

When I first got my bg65ti strung, it felt so good and "crisp" and the sound produced when clearing or smashing was like, a high pitched crunch sound. After a while, the sound and feeling wasn't as crisp, is this because the material of the string is deteriorating or is this because of the tension lost? If I was to say string it +2lb , and the tension drops to be my normal tension (27lb), would the crisp crunch be more permanent? The ping is always there, but the crisp impact noise is gone, tension or durability?...

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I think it is a bit of both. But more so to do with the tension fading. I used to have BG65Ti on my MP100s and Arc8DX. For some reason, the tension held far better on my MP100 and so the metallic crisp "ping" sound lasted much longer - probably because of the muscle power frame.

I prestretch my strings before stringing now and add 0.5-1lb extra to help compensate for the tension loss. Of course, with higher tensions not only is the string tauter, it is also a little thinner which gives more of that crisp "ping" that we all like.

However, as a fan of thicker strings, my current favourite is the victor VS850 string. This is similar to BG65Ti but is slightly better at maintaining tension and is rougher. Feels like an improved version of BG65Ti. So I'd recommend you try that too.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    my only string is VS850 and when others compare a particular string to the VS850, i have a better idea of what he/she is talking about. thank you.

also, without prestretch, the VS850 doesn't hold tension well, are you saying the BG65ti is even worst? i am wondering if you prestretched both VS850 and BG65ti? since i never prestretch prior to stringing, when i do a comparison, i don't prestretch. your thought?

i had the BG65ti on my at250 once and it seemed to last forever, that's how durable it is :)