User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 209
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    It's really unfair that ppl keep saying LXR won but not encountered SN, JS, TB enroute to recent champions.

    look at the facts, she is already holding a winning H2H record against them:
    4:2 against SN
    5:1 against JS
    2:1 against TB

    why should she need to further prove to you in every tournament? She's already proved to certain extent.

    From this perspective at this point of time, SN/JS/TB are still only challengers to LXR, better ask them to perform better to avoid being beaten by other players, so that they could earn a chance to improve their H2H against LXR.
    Lol... After olympics, this is the first tournament saina has gone out in the second round.. Even i expected in this Denmark Open that li xuerui would perform better. But she got defeated by Juliane. Had she performed better, she could have earned a chance to meet saina in order to raise her H2H records further. Lol..

  2. #189
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the only lucky person is saina winning the bronze cuz of intentional injury by the ref

    super series is nothing really cuz if u ask lee chong wei, he would trade them for world championships and olympic golds.

    not to offend anyone but saina, tina, and julianne havent acheive anything to be considered anywhere near great. no need for li xuerui to beat them to prove anything.

    some people r just butthurt she came out of nowhere to win the the gold and now ranting about her success and their favs havent done so with longer periods of playing.

  3. #190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    It's really unfair that ppl keep saying LXR won but not encountered SN, JS, TB enroute to recent champions.

    look at the facts, she is already holding a winning H2H record against them:
    4:2 against SN
    5:1 against JS
    2:1 against TB

    why should she need to further prove to you in every tournament? She's already proved to certain extent.

    From this perspective at this point of time, SN/JS/TB are still only challengers to LXR, better ask them to perform better to avoid being beaten by other players, so that they could earn a chance to improve their H2H against LXR.
    I agree with you. Those players were beaten by Belaetrix,Mitani Minatsu, Wang Lin and Intanon and Wang Yihan, who in turn all lost to LXR. I've not the slightest doubt that had all these players, Sindhu,Saina,Schenk and Tine (who conceded walkover) met LXR this two weeks in the CHN Open and HK Open, they would be soundly beaten by her. I daresay,they are the lucky ones for having avoided meeting LXR, not the other way round. As for the future,let the future tell.

    What LXR has achieved,the 30+ match-winning streak to the Olympics, the titles won including the latest two, all within this year is phenomenal, undeniable,unquestionable.

    Ignore those conspiracy theories. LYB isn't a deity with supernatural ability to foresee,engineer and orchestrate LXR's rise in so short a time without her beating all those players to be what she is today. It is because her success and rise is so sudden,it is like a fairytale, a dream come true,that it has become the envy of all;hence those detractors,skeptics and cynics,it's the weakness of human nature.

    Even LXR herself has said she never expected to be able to take part in the Olympic Games,let alone win gold. In fact,after her Olympic glory,she finds her life totally changed by it. The impact is so great she is still trying to come to terms with it, what with all the scrutiny,the high demands on her to deliver, the much heavier responsibility she has to shoulder,the immense pressure of the burden of expectation,and so on and so forth. She has come to realise that she must put the Olympics behind her,start afresh,work even harder to garner greater results,and accumulate as many titles as quickly as possible - the latest two superseries additions are just the beginning of a new chapter in her young career.

    Li Xuerui shall prove it to all of us as time goes by,I believe in her.

  4. #191
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjai7373 View Post
    the only lucky person is saina winning the bronze cuz of intentional injury by the ref

    super series is nothing really cuz if u ask lee chong wei, he would trade them for world championships and olympic golds.

    not to offend anyone but saina, tina, and julianne havent acheive anything to be considered anywhere near great. no need for li xuerui to beat them to prove anything.

    some people r just butthurt she came out of nowhere to win the the gold and now ranting about her success and their favs havent done so with longer periods of playing.

    "the only lucky person is saina winning the bronze cuz of intentional injury by the ref"

    BWF has to note down this.. This guy is referring to referee that he did make injury intentionally to that player. Lol.. What a pity..!!!
    What a great psychology. If the person fell down and get hurted, that in anyway goes to ref?? I have seen the match. Please dont divert people with your hypothetical imagination and wrong direction. Intentiontional injury by the ref...!!!!!!! huhhhhhhhhhhh. what a great thought..

  5. #192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    No longer in Normandy
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenjai7373 View Post

    some people r just butthurt she came out of nowhere to win the the gold and now ranting about her success and their favs havent done so with longer periods of playing.
    LOL...indeed! Results aside...just looking at their playing...it is scary just how good LXR is compared to the others (and that includes her compatriots). I'm not even a big fan of hers, but if she keeps this up and is not beset by any major injuries, I can easily see her winning another gold in Rio 2016 and becoming a female Lin Dan or another Zhang Ning.

    And to hear some mewling about Saina this and that...my goodness, when you actually see them in action and see Nehwal lumbering about and huffing and puffing away...and then you see LXR...so swift, so strong, so powerful, so efficient...the contrast is just so stark!

  6. #193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,566
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    LOL...indeed! Results aside...just looking at their playing...it is scary just how good LXR is compared to the others (and that includes her compatriots). I'm not even a big fan of hers, but if she keeps this up and is not beset by any major injuries, I can easily see her winning another gold in Rio 2016 and becoming a female Lin Dan or another Zhang Ning.

    And to hear some mewling about Saina this and that...my goodness, when you actually see them in action and see Nehwal lumbering about and huffing and puffing away...and then you see LXR...so swift, so strong, so powerful, so efficient...the contrast is just so stark!
    ".it is scary " Lol.. OMG.. We are trembling.. Hee hee. For yihan, it may be scary, because she got just crushed like anything in this tournament. Hmmm... But definitely not to all other non chinese.

    "Nehwal lumbering about and huffing and puffing away" .. Atleast you can dance with the tune of your dream ...Lol

    "so swift, so strong, so powerful, so efficient" Ha ha... In the run to finals of China Open, she has to just pass the line without even working hard. All the top players are in the other side, so that she can easily go and get the title. So Strong, so powerful?? Ha ha.. good joke.. Then any other powerful phrase to praise her????
    Last edited by scorpion1; 11-25-2012 at 01:30 PM.

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    No longer in Normandy
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    LXR already beaten Saina in the All-England QF this year, 21-12 and 23-21.
    Thanks for the heads up on this match; I was not aware of it until now. For those who are interested, it can be found here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-TixSELQoU

    Hmm, she didn't look as invincible in this match as she did at the Olympics and the two most recent events. Lots of unforced errors and spells of inconsistency, but the basic quality of her play and choice of shots are all there. Even from this year's All England to the Olympics and up to the present, it is remarkable how much she's progressed. I still wouldn't mind if someone else eventually dethrones her as she has a certain air about her that I can't quite warm up to.

    As for Saina in the above match - she looked rough indeed. And sloppy. She should get the Chinese team to train her; that is, if they'll have her. LOL!

  8. #195
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,302
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    You guys don't get it, do you? All this useless rant about whether LXR deserves the Olympic Gold or the conspiracy theories instigated by the Indian community on this forum particularly yippi; scorpian1 et al, is ...............
    Yippi is the troller who has hoodwinked you guys again unfortunately.

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Yippi is the troller who has hoodwinked you guys again unfortunately.
    he never tired
    arent he?haha

  10. #197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    China Domination again...

  11. #198
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,302
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No trolling, no flaming and no politics. Thanks

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi moderators, I was thinking some of the posts the banned guy(s) wrote can be retained for the sake of continuity in the thread without creating gaps and causing confusion,esp when other posters responded appropriately providing useful information. In other words,delete only the plainly abusive posts. Just a suggestion for consideration. Thanks.

  13. #200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mod are experienced enough to handle the case

  14. #201
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,302
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Hi moderators, I was thinking some of the posts the banned guy(s) wrote can be retained for the sake of continuity in the thread without creating gaps and causing confusion,esp when other posters responded appropriately providing useful information. In other words,delete only the plainly abusive posts. Just a suggestion for consideration. Thanks.
    The troller was given a second chance and abused it. Therefore, there is no reason to tolerate a manipulative personality.

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    The troller was given a second chance and abused it. Therefore, there is no reason to tolerate a manipulative personality.
    Sorry,you misunderstood me. I'm not asking for his restoration, only that not all his posts needed to be deleted because some of the responses to his posts contained useful/interesting information, such as how and who qualifies for the SSF. It's the good contents I'm concerned about. Thanks.

  16. #203
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,568
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Sorry,you misunderstood me. I'm not asking for his restoration, only that not all his posts needed to be deleted because some of the responses to his posts contained useful/interesting information, such as how and who qualifies for the SSF. It's the good contents I'm concerned about. Thanks.
    ok put me out of my misery.
    who got banned?

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    ok put me out of my misery.
    who got banned?
    No one,we're referring to the multi-identity guy who keeps trying to sneak in and each time he did, all his posts including those in response to his, all got summarily deleted once he's discovered,leaving gaps and creating a break in continuity in some of the threads he posted in. I'm merely interested in retaining some of the good responses to his posts and not asking for him to be restored (that's up to the moderators). Simply put, I differentiate the person from the contents,esp those posted by others who aren't banned, i.e. you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •