Difference Victor BS 12 vs. LYD - or another fast Double Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robin76, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

Dear all, are there significant differences between BS 12 and LYD? Is the LYD only a little more head heavy? Same shaft flex? I am looking for a fast swing racket which is medium stiff and about balancend. The racket should feel light weight, but whith enough Power for an offensive double match... Thank you!

2. ias2009

ias2009 Regular Member

i have switched to victor from yonex i have now LYD and BS 10, i would say LYD is the best for both offense and very good defense it is easiest to play for my playing style. BS 10 is slightly slow but have better smash, for doubles i would go for LYD. BS 10 is my if i have play from back court. I

3. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

I have tried the BS12 & LYD, and BS12 is balance to slightly head light compare to LYD... From what you have stated, the BS12 sounds might suit you better.

4. meteor

meteor Regular Member

BS12 is medim flex 3/5 and even balanced 3/5 while LYD is stiff 4/5 and head heavy 4/5 so quite different. I own bs12 and only tried BS LYD.
    BS12 is fast and has plenty of power and it is also easy to play with due to mid flex shaft.
    It depends what you mean by medium stiff - in Victor, Carlton and Yonex nomenclature as far as I understand, it means stiff 4/5, while 3/5 is called "medium flex".