User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Just wanted to dismiss a rumor that seems to be very widespread.

Yonex DOES NOT intentionally degrade the quality of some products for different country codes. That would be insanely inefficient and actually cost them more money to produce. All their Japan made products are actually made in the same factories.

There is also no proof that JP is better than other country codes and psychological effects can play a HUGE role when one tries to compare products. That said, it could be possible for them to sort the products according to some quality tests (because not every product will come out EXACTLY the same).
    Mmm, but if they did such tests and it turned out that JP-coded strings are better, no doubt they would be quiet about it anyway since it would be the downfall of their other coded strings, mind you still bearing the same string name as the JP ones. Either that, or name the non-JP coded ones "Low-end" and sell it for cheaper coin.

But yeah, it does sound weird though if all products would be the exact same. Just like with any other product for that matter.
    Last edited by Wingu; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we're still talking about strings here. IMHO, there's a difference in the value of a string because of where the string was originally produced. The process should be the same but the cost of labour might be different on varying countries. Canada does not produce strings but I know if they did, it'll cost an arm and a leg, e.g. CD coded YY rackets versus a SP coded YY racket. Sure, I am guaranteed warranty if I were to buy a CD coded racket, but I am saving money purchasing a SP racket that I know I am not going to be aggressive with (high string tensions). It's all a matter of preference, hence the numerous strings produced by Yonex to cater to various player's needs. Control for net drops, and Power for smashes.

If there isn't a need for a high-tension strung racket then maybe a HIGH END COPY version (CH) of the string is acceptable for some people. Not trying to bash or critique, and no one should...just my opinion.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limited328 View Post
    As long as we're still talking about strings here. IMHO, there's a difference in the value of a string because of where the string was originally produced. The process should be the same but the cost of labour might be different on varying countries. Canada does not produce strings but I know if they did, it'll cost an arm and a leg, e.g. CD coded YY rackets versus a SP coded YY racket. Sure, I am guaranteed warranty if I were to buy a CD coded racket, but I am saving money purchasing a SP racket that I know I am not going to be aggressive with (high string tensions). It's all a matter of preference, hence the numerous strings produced by Yonex to cater to various player's needs. Control for net drops, and Power for smashes.

If there isn't a need for a high-tension strung racket then maybe a HIGH END COPY version (CH) of the string is acceptable for some people. Not trying to bash or critique, and no one should...just my opinion.
    The code does not mean the place where it was produced. It's simply a distribution code. All the top end rackets are made in Japan regardless of the code. The same goes for strings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea...that's what i meant:$ because they are all technically 'Made in Japan'.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SP code comes with (minimal/less) warranty as well and your store should take care of it. Not your problem when the store imports SP and have to send it back all the way to Asia. Of course if you yourself imported it, you are (probably) responsible for the shipping cost back to where you got it from.

CH doesn't mean the string is a high end copy -.- (and buying fakes is never a good thing )

And maybe not Canada but Ashaway is "Made in USA" ... (would assume labour cost is minimal when it comes to producing strings )

In any case for me the only reason for buying JP strings is when it isn't available elsewhere, like NBG98 in the beginning. Definitely not worth twice the price, can buy a 200m EX reel for the price of a 100m JP.
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-27-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... If there isn't a need for a high-tension strung racket then maybe a HIGH END COPY version (CH) of the string is acceptable for some people. Not trying to bash or critique, and no one should...just my opinion.
    If it is a copy but in another name, i.e. a cloner then fine ... APACS and Fleet do that to Yonex racquets ... but they never try to pass their products as YONEX, which is what these HIGH COPY strings are doing, that is PURE FRAUD ...

FYI - CH-code stands for China distribution code. The examples from the website, unfortunately, are mostly from the CH-code, it does not mean that ALL CH coded are high copy. I have seen HIGH COPY of SP and JP codes too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to know. Learn something new about badminton every day
    I honestly cannot keep up with all the fraud and new things lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my stringer told me today that when he was doing the NBG99 SP at 26lbs... It snapped near the end and he just had enough to redo the crosses... He previously restrung my MX80 at 27lbs with NBG99 JP and they're going strong...

I know that it could be a one time thing... So I will ask him to do my N90 with NBG99 SP at 26lbs again and see what happens...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    So my stringer told me today that when he was doing the NBG99 SP at 26lbs... It snapped near the end and he just had enough to redo the crosses... He previously restrung my MX80 at 27lbs with NBG99 JP and they're going strong...

I know that it could be a one time thing... So I will ask him to do my N90 with NBG99 SP at 26lbs again and see what happens...
    Just for your information, I have tried stringing with fake Yonex strings before and all the ones I have tried snap at between 24-27lb. Genuine Yonex strings NEVER snap at below 27lb in my experience (provided the stringer is good). So I have a feeling your stringer may be using fake strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I'm actually the one providing him string. He is a legit retailer that HAS to order from Yonex Canada. He can't get NBG99 so I have to order it from MBS. I ordered JP and SP from MBS in the same order for this experiment.

Although the JP snapped once before when he was doing the last pull at 27lbs but only at the very end... So he could still tie it off and not have to redo the crosses completely.

The stringer is really good and knowledgable. I've tried elsewhere in my city and he's the only one I trust to give me consistent results.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is not right in the equation then. In the years I've been stringing I've not come across one packet of bad genuine Yonex strings. Not once have I personally snapped or heard others of snapping genuine Yonex strings (even the thinnest strings) at 26lb. >>30lb may be, 26lb no way.

I often string NBG99 CH, SP and the uncoded UK version at 27-28lb (my preferred tension) on my ArcSabers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the climate has something to do with it... Not 100% certain but I will ask him to do another racquet with SP at 26lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    Maybe the climate has something to do with it... Not 100% certain but I will ask him to do another racquet with SP at 26lbs.
    Temperature and climate DO have an effect on durability, at least accordingly to our former coach who was a professional Indonesian player. He told me I could "warm up the strings" before playing by rubbing the string bed a little with my hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they broke during the stringing... Maybe I'll tell him to sit on it HAHAHHAHA

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Gade's racket strung with skyblue EX BG80 http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...67#post2022167

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't got a chance to try various region code as I have been using BG66 SP for the past 6-7 years but I came across different colors and I found that the brighter (white, yellow) colors are superior in quality compared to the darker (dark blue, purple, black) ones. I guess it has something to do with the coloring materials they use and I heard one stringer said that Yonex actually use the colors to differentiate the quality tolerance after the QC process. Sounds a bit STRANGE to my ears but there are some discussions over the similar findings and reviews on Yonex grip in this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried JP, SP, CH, AU and the only difference i can tell are 1. the packaging and 2. the price. The sting itself is identical in terms of performance imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2