User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default KAZUMASA SAKAI ( 坂井 一将 ) - Another great potential rising up

    It is really necessary to open a separate thread to this wonderful player Kasumasa sakai as he is improving his ranking silently with great potential underneath. Though i could not find his date of birth and place of birth and all related details, i hereby request some of our japan forum friends to help me in this regard to fill the related details of him in this particular thread..

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yesterday he finished runner up in the Scottish International badminton tournament. I watched online the finals between him and Anand pawar. The way he played really amazed me. Extremely fast in the court. He has great potential .

  3. #3
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,052
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's Kazumasa Sakai, not Kasumasa Sakai. He is representing Unisys and is in the national team B. He is 22 years old and 179cm.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    It's Kazumasa Sakai, not Kasumasa Sakai. He is representing Unisys and is in the national team B. He is 22 years old and 179cm.
    Thanks Suetyan. He was excellent in the court . Sorry . I dont know how to edit it now.. Am really sorry. But i wanted to open a thread for this youngster as it is extremely necessary..

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have some pictures and an autograph truly is a very good player

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kazumasa Sakai finishes the year with a win over Sho Sasaki in then Japan league, 21-11, 22-20 and in control from start to finish.

    It's interesting to note how much Sasaki's form has just disappeared after the Olympics.

    Also interesting to note that Unisys fielded Sakai over Takuma Ueda, although Sakai has showed excellent form recently in the national championships. This should see him promoted to Japan Team A.

    Suetyan, is Takuma Ueda injured?

    Edit: here's the link to the match...

    http://youtu.be/qDrT-5E_hy8

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,115
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quality of the match is ok. But horrible angle with which it was taken .

    Its clearly seen that this youngster is excellent in court. He has changed his style of play a lot in recent times it seems. The way with which he played against Anand pawar was totally different. Happy NewYear Sakai.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Quality of the match is ok. But horrible angle with which it was taken .

    Its clearly seen that this youngster is excellent in court. He has changed his style of play a lot in recent times it seems. The way with which he played against Anand pawar was totally different. Happy NewYear Sakai.
    Actually I really like this angle. I think a lot of people prefer an angle like this to better show intensity and skills over the TV camera angle.

    Anyways, Kazumasa Sakai has had some good results lately, and it looks like he's got good point construction. Hopefully he won't have only a brief time on the main stage like some Japanese players have had.

  9. #9
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,052
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Kazumasa Sakai finishes the year with a win over Sho Sasaki in then Japan league, 21-11, 22-20 and in control from start to finish. It's interesting to note how much Sasaki's form has just disappeared after the Olympics. Also interesting to note that Unisys fielded Sakai over Takuma Ueda, although Sakai has showed excellent form recently in the national championships. This should see him promoted to Japan Team A.Suetyan, is Takuma Ueda injured?Edit: here's the link to the match...http://youtu.be/qDrT-5E_hy8
    im not sure what happened to Ueda. But I was there that day for the final. I witnessed his victory over Sasaki. He was great! But, recently Sasaki is in poor form, he even lost to some low ranked players like the Malaysian team player CWF.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacCWang View Post
    Actually I really like this angle. I think a lot of people prefer an angle like this to better show intensity and skills over the TV camera angle.

    Anyways, Kazumasa Sakai has had some good results lately, and it looks like he's got good point construction. Hopefully he won't have only a brief time on the main stage like some Japanese players have had.
    I'll take this angle or the angle which "badlandmovie" tapes his with his UWA / fisheye lens over the high TV angle that the BWF employs any day of the week. I usually just watch one player during singles anyway, and these angles give a better sense of angle, speed and rhythm than the high camera pos'n.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •