FS/FT: Warning

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post' started by wc5599, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

You were warned that there is a seller, who is also a new member selling fake rackets around this section. Please beware. This seller already active in multiple forums.

2. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    Bro, can u identify them? Pls...Tq...

3. KillerQT

KillerQT Regular Member

what is the username?

4. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Who ? Who ?

5. Dominion101

Dominion101 New Member

USM students
    i'm so dissappointed with this...for those selling fake racquets pls go to other website...ur fake racquet is really2x a super duper bad news for me as well for other ppl in this forum who are taking badminton seriously... :-(

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I've be aware of a seller that has been selling multiple racquets and re-listing many times over the past 6-12 months or so. Having looked at the photos of the racquets my opinion are they are fake but as I cannot be 100% sure so I have refrained from naming this member.

I have suggested before, that something needs to be done about people signing up on here solely to list items for sale.

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    That's why I have refrained from buying stuff overseas and even in the US (on the buy/sell forum). Cuz not everyone is as nice as you think they are.

I have bought and sold stuff on this buy/sell forum. My rule of thumb is to look at the post count. If it's less than 10...chances are they aren't real badminton fans and are just wanting to make a quick buck. And I look at when they joined (ie. joining same month and selling same month) and their post history.

I prefer to buy it face-to-face and locally. If I can't...then it wasn't meant to be. I prefer to be out-of-luck than out-of-cash.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
  9. HEADATP

HEADATP Regular Member

That's a good rule of thumb to follow, however there are people like me who lurks the board more than actively post. People who has a high post count can just be spamming the forum with nonsense and not contributing.

The best way to do business is to do it face to face. That way you can inspect the product to ensure the racquet is legitimate and authentic.

10. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Face-to-face is the best option.

You have a low post count but have joined 2 years ago. Doesn't really seem to fit the category of just joining and trying to scam someone on the buy/sell forum. It's a judgement call.

11. Tinshuttle

Tinshuttle Regular Member

Import / Marketing
    So why don't you name that seller out then I mean, you made this thread after all.

12. Tinshuttle

Tinshuttle Regular Member

Import / Marketing
    Don't mean to be rude but, you are not exactly being fair or doing any favors for genuine sellers by not naming the said rogue trader and making a splash here. Perhaps for every one of fake sellers there are a hundred of other valid sellers who loves badminton as much as we all do.

Maybe be a little bit more considerate / responsible to others and give us your full story? Anyone can point their fingers and one lining the forums.

I am sure your intentions are pure and just but right now with what little information you have given us I'd say: Let the witch hunt begin.

13. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

This seller i knew based in Malaysia, so Malaysian please beware. Should I name him out here?

14. terrance 118

terrance 118 Regular Member

Of course you should. So that others can take precaution here. Please let us know who u are referring to.

15. Neji87

Neji87 Regular Member

Student
  16. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Of course you should!

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Forgive me, but something doesn't quite add up on this thread.

Started by a person who has just 6 posts since last year... CD, does your rule of thumb apply here?
    "Liked" by a person who has just registered on the forum, no other posts by this new member.
    No clear evidence or mention of the fake seller; hope it's not a smear campaign.
    A thread with no substance to the "Warning" has within a few hours already become a Sticky. Now that makes absolutely no sense.

Waiting for your responses....

18. miragitsu

miragitsu Regular Member

waiting.....:rolleyes:

19. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

first.. postcount.. i duno wth happen with the post count.. but i m active in this section.. there are quite a few sellers who cod with me.. here as well as few other forums as well..
    evidence.. here it is.. http://www.badmintonmy.com/thread-13510-1-1.html (hope admin tolerate with this.. some admin dont like ppl posted link about other forums in their forum)..
    do u think a genuine blue n90ii exists? to confirm this.. i just checked in li ning official website..
    location in swk, east malaysia.. very less forumer will b there to cod with him.. very low risk to be caught..

i saw his thread here.. so i decided to give a warning to all bc members.. because this is one of the place i sell my used stuff.. i don want it to be polluted by scammers and cheaters..

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    No one wants to be cheated. However, if you are going to warn people about a particular cheat or scammer, it is only fair that you provide specific information rather than just a general warning about "a seller, who is also a new member selling fake rackets around this section "

Also, remember that the online community means anyone in the world. Therefore, even though you, and some MAS members may instinctively "know" who you are referring to, the others do not yet know. If the scammer is an active member and you know for sure, why don't you provide the information?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.