User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agree with Redshuttle, well said.

What a child prodigy is, I've humbly explained elsewhere. It's not the same as asking who a world champion is or was; for example, Chen Jin was world champion in 2010 but Lee CW never despite being much the better player.

My understanding is all these youngsters mentioned are child prodigies, including 13-yr-old Goh Jin Wei, 16-yr-old Jonatan Christie, etc, it is just that one is better than the other for now. At the moment I'm most impressed with 16-yr-old Akane Yamaguchi, not only has she won a SS title, the JPN Open SS'13, she has also just beaten a much more experienced and higher ranked child prodigy, Busanan Ongbumrungpan, at the semifinal of the ongoing WJC'13. I won't be surprised Akane goes on to win the title tomorrow. At the rate she is going,who knows she may even outstrip Intanon R in time to come.

As for He Bingjiao, I venture to say she will be a worldbeater one day, hopefully the sooner the better, what with all the best resources and many illustrious seniors as role models that CHN can provide.

But juniors being juniors, they are still growing up, at their formative age, lacking sufficient experience, naturally wanting in maturity - how far they can go, who will surpass who and achieve what, only the future can tell. I feel it is still premature to judge them yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing for determining someone is a child prodigy or not: raise the bar high.
    Otherwise, a title that makes people go "WHOA!" will become cheap.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is the term 'child prodigy' is not a title but a subjective description. Are we going to redefine it? Besides, who is going to be the arbiter and based on what objective criteria? What for? Don't we already have the WJC, so why bother to split hairs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WJC? Ok, here's another thing that crossed my mind just now: What is so special about TEENAGERS who win a tournament aimed toward TEENAGERS?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    WJC? Ok, here's another thing that crossed my mind just now: What is so special about TEENAGERS who win a tournament aimed toward TEENAGERS?
    for me,child prodigy should be those teenager who able to compete and win tournament against senior.
    such as taufik,mia audina,lee yong dae,wang lin,ratchanok,tai tzuying,akane yamaguchi.
    player like victor axelson/zulfadli only able to perform well in junior stage but not yet good in senior stage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...9559&player=65
    he bing jiao in her 1st international senior tournament.
    she through to main draw,will face deng xuan in 1st round.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he bing jiao advance to 2nd round after beaten her senior,5th seeded deng xuan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    he bing jiao advance to 2nd round after beaten her senior,5th seeded deng xuan.
    I don't know you're following her career that closely! Hehe. Peace.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 11-06-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    One thing for determining someone is a child prodigy or not: raise the bar high.
    Otherwise, a title that makes people go "WHOA!" will become cheap.
    Why is it make you so unhappy just because Justin Call her a child prodigy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary, a prodigy is:

"a person, especially a young one, with exceptional abilities, an outstanding example of a quality, an amazing or unusal thing."

So do any of those described here fit the bill?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    Why is it make you so unhappy just because Justin Call her a child prodigy.
    Eeeh.... And what makes you think I'm so unhappy just because someone calls her a child prodigy?
    That post you quoted was a humble tips. You're way too sensitive, man

Oh, btw, I don't think the term child prodigy quite fit her anymore. The girl is already, ahem, 16.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I watched He Bingjiao's semifinal match of the Viet Open GP on TV. I suspect her fitness isn't too good but glad to say she appears a bit mature for her age in the way she plays like a thinking player; perhaps it has to do with her idol being Sherlock Holmes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a final for He Binjiao, practically a masterful performance for one so young to win her maiden title, the Viet Open GP, (not counting the junior championships) in only her 3rd tournament, after the KOR Open GPG and the CHN Open PSS, at the start of her budding career !

My heartiest congratulations, He Bingjiao. Well done, JiaYou !

I urge CBA not to, unintentionally, slow down her momentum by not fielding her in enough international tourneys. This highly talented lass needs as much exposure as she can get to develop her game smoothly and fast and realize her huge potential.

He BJ cuts a thick-set figure; she doesn't seem to move very fast but her court coverage is quite good and her smash is getting better though not yet a killer shot if I may say so but good enough to do the job for WS. The best part is, at such a young age, time is on her side, she can and will only grow from strength to strength.

I've not the slightest doubt she will be a reliable asset to the CHN National Team in good time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, another point worth noting is that He BJ despite a hefty lead over Hera Desi, esp in G2, at the Viet GP final, didn't let up but continue to pile on the pressure to outclass her opponent in two straight sets, 21-10 and 21-6.

This bodes well for her self-assurance and self-control; remarkable, a healthy sign of maturity , for someone so young at age 16. I'm beginning to wonder, if only she had been introduced to the international stage two years ago at age 14 when she was first discovered - where would she be today?! Just musing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very impressed with her. The CBA should pay special attention to her training. Does anyone know when she is playing again? The WJC I presume.
    I dont agree with keeping her away from playing with the seniors. She has already beaten quite a few of them.
    Go out there and challenge the best of the world. thats the best form of experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He Bingjiao, my heartiest congratulations on winning Nanjing Youth Olympic Gold ! And for doing so by beating of all persons, Akane Yamaguchi, the twice and reigning WJC, a child prodigy who has already made waves at the senior level such as winning the JPN Open SS'13 and taking some notable scalps including Intanon Ratchanok.

Winning the Youth Olympics is as good as winning the WJC, maybe more precious for being rarer as a quadrennial event. May you rise atop the badminton world one day. JiaYou !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast