User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Durable shuttlecocks?

Can anyone recommend brand for durable shuttlecock which can last 1-2 games for intermediate club level use in penang malaysia. Please recommend shop names in penang too as I just moved here

Been using RCL titanium and protech gold but find it too expensive to maintain looking for something RM40 and under a tube.

Thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you can try Victor Feather shuttles. I find them quite durable, but im not sure of the price in your region though. But I highly recommend them because 1. they are durable and 2. In Ontario, they are cheaper than most brands of Feather shuttles. =]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want durability? Use plastic. Seriously, shuttle prices are up so high that the only durable feathers are the top brands. Can't really go around that one. Try Yonex AS-30 if you could find it. But then again, you're in Malaysia... should you guys there have lots of affordable selection to choose from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Weng55 View Post
    Can anyone recommend brand for durable shuttlecock which can last 1-2 games for intermediate club level use in penang malaysia. Please recommend shop names in penang too as I just moved here

Been using RCL titanium and protech gold but find it too expensive to maintain looking for something RM40 and under a tube.

Thanx
    well, if you can find "any" aeroplane shuttlecock series will be of big help when we speak of durability and flight consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weng55 View Post

Thanx
    I think Sea Lion is alright. Typical Malaysian Players 'choice'. (if you are not state or national player)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest HiQua Blue. With proper steaming it usually lasts anywhere between a game or two. You can get it for $15 a tube in US, but not sure how much it costs in your area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about protech at-10, pretty good, imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry it was a typo/mind set. it was protech pt-10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want durable get some wilson, they seem to fray, split and slow down before the feathers start falling off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75 View Post
    You want durability? Use plastic. Seriously, shuttle prices are up so high that the only durable feathers are the top brands. Can't really go around that one. Try Yonex AS-30 if you could find it. But then again, you're in Malaysia... should you guys there have lots of affordable selection to choose from?

heh you think plastics are durable eh? when my friend and i train and play each other games, we have to switch plastic birds every 1 and half games because the bird has collapsed, the diameter of the bird becomes so small that the bird flies like a bullet @@ Yonex 350s and 300s FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o_O Mavis 350's are totally reliable (1 1/2 game? seriously? my 350s last about 3 games + lots of rallying.), but for durability I highly reccommend Mavis 7 as the cork is made out of plastic xD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have different points of reference here. If I have to switch feather shuttles more than twice in one game, it's not durable.

Quote Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
    heh you think plastics are durable eh? when my friend and i train and play each other games, we have to switch plastic birds every 1 and half games because the bird has collapsed, the diameter of the bird becomes so small that the bird flies like a bullet @@ Yonex 350s and 300s FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mistaken the topic of the thread "durable shuttlecocks" to "double shuttlecocks" ..lol..neways..i tried one of these shuttlecocks i bought from MBA hall in melaka..i dunno what its called buy it has the world ace on it..the color of the tube is like..grey and the words are in red..its pretty good..RM32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL 7 is a choice..cheap yet quite durable,available widely all over the world.And if ur place got kason shuttles,try it.It's worthed as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up sealion.

Yes agreed. Always out of stock one and price keeps on yoyoing. Now they they have a new wrapping on the silver though. The C1101 is in red ink. Note that there's 2 quality to sealion silver. The red C1101 is premium. My side here selling like panas punya cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatby View Post
    I think Sea Lion is alright. Typical Malaysian Players 'choice'. (if you are not state or national player)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diamond Mars Type A or B speed 77, they absolutely rock, Karakal Golds sometime, you have to be lucky with these ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am very new to the game. Where can I find protech pt-10 or RSL 7 in Singapore? Or rather where can I find a lot of shuttlecocks choices in Singapore?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast