Yonex racket with five digit serial code?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kenshinchong, Oct 11, 2003.

1. kenshinchong

kenshinchong Regular Member

Student
    I need help here. I just realised my Yonex racket has a 5 digit serial code. Racket model is Isometric 86VF (Is there even such a model?). The number is 07129 SP. Is it a fake? I'll post pics tomorrow...

BTW, I am changing a racket. Any recommendations? I like to drop, like to clear and smashes only when neccessary. I currently considering the MP100 and Iso Swing Power. Yonex, Ashaway and Carlton rackets are welcomed. Thanks!

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

if you don't smash alot there's no point getting a Mp 100 as it's designed for smashing very hard. i would suggest a Mp Yonex 33/55/77

of the Isomectirc Swing Power SX.

3. shiriblue

shiriblue Regular Member

Student
    yeah i just noticed mine has a 5 digit number on it too.. and its a yonex iso900

4. kenshinchong

kenshinchong Regular Member

Student
    ?

You noticed that too? I asked and around shops and was told that it was because of the distribution or something like that. They say those are not fakes.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think some old models do have that kind of serial numbers. I saw several cab20 (claims to be 10+ yrs old) and ISO800 (if not mistaken) having short format (did not count) of serial numbers in my clubs.