User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    @gundamzaku so, when would you stop testing one racket and move on to the next one.
    i usually stop when i get consistent with a racket. i know when i can play well and i know when i play poorly. when i'm playing at a consistent level, whether good or bad, that's when i know i'm getting use to a racket, which takes about 3-4 months with the frequency of sessions playing 2-3 times a week, 3-4hrs per session.

the most important thing to me is how it feels in my hand. very personally speaking, if it doesn't feel good to me, i don't care what people say or how it looks, i wouldn't want to pick it up and force myself to play with it, cos that'll just piss me off and makes me want to break it in half.

example, i think the Li Ning N90 Woods is a beautiful looking racket, but because of the way it vibrates and its sheer weight, i hate playing with it. same thing with the N50 (Flames?). it also annoys me that i can't feel that head heaviness of the racket that some on this forum was claiming, so i just don't use it. they are both unstrung hanging on my badminton rack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, gundamzaku, why did you buy them if they don't look good or feel right to you? Put them up for adoption or hold a fire sell.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then, gundamzaku, why did you buy them if they don't look good or feel right to you? Put them up for adoption or hold a fire sell.
    some do look good, and others have been recommended by people, so my curiosity got the best of me and i made the purchase.

i don't sell athletic equipment at all and i will never sell my rackets since i'm semi collecting rackets. main reason is because i know it's a sport that i will always want to play like billiard and cycling/mtn biking.

lastly, they mean more to me than a lot of other things, so why would i want to sell it if i have a wall to hang them and i'm not in need of cash for emergency or anything? hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku .... please go try a CAB20 ... put yourself out of this misery of searching for the perfect racquet ... it is here now and has been for the past 28 years !! Try it and if you don't like it, SELL IT to me ... I will buy it from you at your COST price (less postage - please include sales receipt) ... just make sure, it is either G4 or G5 grip size !!

This is a SPECIAL OFFER from me just for you !!
    Last edited by maxout; 12-12-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    @gundamzaku .... please go try a CAB20 ... put yourself out of this misery of searching for the perfect racquet ... it is here now and has been for the past 28 years !! Try it and if you don't like it, SELL IT to me ... I will buy it from you at your COST price (less postage - please include sales receipt) ... just make sure, it is either G4 or G5 grip size !!
    and my advice to him is...

please go try a p pro or revelation... that should put out this misery of searching for rackets!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a SPECIAL OFFER from me just for you !!
    i will get a cab20 for the year 2013 and i'll try it out. if it doesn't work out, i'll just let it hang with the rest of my carbonex collection. i already have a cab8600ti, cab star 1, cab 30 muscle, cab 35, and cab 50, plus a cab 21sp, and a normal cab 21. one more to complete my current collection.

CRAP! i just realized that badminton alley stopped selling the cab20 and cab25. argh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    and my advice to him is...

please go try a p pro or revelation... that should put out this misery of searching for rackets!
    yes i'll get one of them for 2013 also, along with a customworqs and RKEP racket as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, have you ever dated a girl or anybody other than fall in love with your rackets.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, have you ever dated a girl or anybody other than fall in love with your rackets.
    Uh yea! There's more to life than just badminton, photography, cycling, motorcycles, weight training! I'm saving money for a full carbon Mtn bike, and I've just collected enough pro Nikon lenses for my sisters weddingJust because I discuss badminton a lot doesn't mean I neglect other areas of my life! I also work 8hrs a day like every other normal adults To quote will smith, " don't hate the player hate the game!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i will get a cab20 for the year 2013 and i'll try it out. if it doesn't work out, i'll just let it hang with the rest of my carbonex collection. i already have a cab8600ti, cab star 1, cab 30 muscle, cab 35, and cab 50, plus a cab 21sp, and a normal cab 21. one more to complete my current collection.

CRAP! i just realized that badminton alley stopped selling the cab20 and cab25. argh!!!

WHAT !!!! Don't hang it - SELL IT TO ME !!! or we can exchange the Cab20 with some things that are designed for hanging ... CLOTHES HANGERS !!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//HIJACK: which MTB you have in mind ? Found out this year, supposed OEM frames from the Taiwan factories are available on eBay ... don't really recall the reviews since I can't justify going up to carbon anyway ... or fully even for that matter. No interesting terrain in this country ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WHAT !!!! Don't hang it - SELL IT TO ME !!! or we can exchange the Cab20 with some things that are designed for hanging ... CLOTHES HANGERS !!
    well i have to find a copy first, hehehehehe and i took a look at the VT88LTD in person for the first time today and realized that it's a 3u head heavy racket, which i will never have enough strength to play well in, so that's another racket i'll be hanging on my racks

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    //HIJACK: which MTB you have in mind ? Found out this year, supposed OEM frames from the Taiwan factories are available on eBay ... don't really recall the reviews since I can't justify going up to carbon anyway ... or fully even for that matter. No interesting terrain in this country ...
    i'm trying to buy either a santa cruz (don't have the model since my cousin has the same one i wanted...hehe) or a specialized carbon stumpjumper hardtail. i'm currently riding on a specialized aluminum epic comp full suspension

i'm not a great rider, i just wanted the bike as stiff as i can get. i'm used to riding road, and i have one made out of steel, aluminum, and carbon. of course carbon is the stiffest, but i feel the most confident because i feel every bit of the road.

i ride the mtns once in a while when i get a group going, but the terrain is pretty good, unfortunately my skill level is worst in mtn biking than i am in badminton not that i'm trying to buy expensive equipment to be like my friends, but i do feel more stability/control and communicate quite well on a carbon frame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, you said you are a normal adult, you date, cycling, motorbiking, weight lifting, photographing, play badminton and work 8 hours a day. plus you sleep at night too, I guess. Can you teach me how to manage all those activities without incidient since I only play badminton and golf and my wife still troubling me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, you said you are a normal adult, you date, cycling, motorbiking, weight lifting, photographing, play badminton and work 8 hours a day. plus you sleep at night too, I guess. Can you teach me how to manage all those activities without incidient since I only play badminton and golf and my wife still troubling me.
    to be honest, i truly believe that as soon as you get married, your priorities changes quite a bit, and by no means am i saying it's a bad thing, just different. and when you're married you don't just live a life thinking of just yourself. i think that's the difference, i can still be a selfish jerk and think "me me me" ALL THE TIME!!!

i've only taken my motorcycles to the track a couple of times back when my buddies were single. now they're all married so i'm the only one left with bikes, so mostly commuting to work. weight lifting is a ritual of mine (since 1997) that goes right after work i do photography mainly in the weekend since i can get up before sunrise to shoot the sunrise and other early morning stuff. cycling, mainly road is always saturday morning.

basically, if you look at my calendar, which i do mark down what i do each day, there's always some kind of sports activity. saturday is usually the most difficult day for me. an example, i wake up at a normal time, around 730, out with my road bike 8-10:30am. then back home, shower, rest a bit, go have dimsum with mother, then gym (weight train without cardio since i had cardio on my bike and will have cardio later with badminton)after 1:30pm till around 3pm. then back home and string a couple rackets, then small small dinner around 5pm, 6-10pm is badminton with father (for fun and noncompetitive).

Mon and Wed are easier days with just badminton and gym without cardio. Sunday is my lazy day, i don't anything, let my muscles relax, but i attend church . Tues and Thurs are badminton days from 11-2, lunch time then also gym at night but with cardio.

dating...i can do it any night i feel like, just skip badminton, but still go to the gym at a later time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, beside all the activities and you still have time roaming around in this forum spitting out long and logical sentences. I can say you are one of a kind.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, beside all the activities and you still have time roaming around in this forum spitting out long and logical sentences. I can say you are one of a kind.
    badminton is not just a sport like cycling, but a passion of mine. i was lucky to have friends who helped me when i needed guidance whether it be here or from my circle of friends. unfortunately knowledge on badminton requires lots of time to acquire so whatever i can do to help someone who's new to the sport i'm willing to do so

besides, i'm still trying to find a racket that suits me...since 4th grade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, what would you think if you play golf instead of badminton since golfing allow one to carry 14 clubs at any given time. You will need at least 14 clubs to test instead of 1 racket. I tried but give up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@gundamzaku, what would you think if you play golf instead of badminton since golfing allow one to carry 14 clubs at any given time. You will need at least 14 clubs to test instead of 1 racket. I tried but give up.
    In college I have a friend who played college golf and he taught me to customize my own clubs, I have a set where I pick my own handle, shaft, and head, so I'm good!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast