Results 426 to 442 of 447
12-20-2012, 03:59 AM #426
12-20-2012, 04:05 AM #427
12-20-2012, 04:10 AM #428
12-20-2012, 04:19 AM #429
12-20-2012, 08:48 AM #430
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM #431
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM #432
Looks like a great gathering...it's amazing the dedication - driving 3-4 hrs each way to play badminton
As usual, Kwun and family packing rackets/shoes along with them to take any opportunities to play badminton.
Kwun, did you managed to bring your racket with you on the climb up to the peak of Mt. Kinabaru?
Nice to be able to put names/handles to faces...
12-24-2012, 06:33 PM #433
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM #434
12-24-2012, 07:41 PM #435
12-24-2012, 08:13 PM #436
12-24-2012, 08:32 PM #437
12-24-2012, 09:30 PM #438
wow. what a trip.
got back to Hong Kong a couple of days ago and just managed to find some time to write up my thoughts and report on my Malaysia trip.
The BC gathering was absolutely amazing. Thank you to all 30+ BC members who made time during your busy schedules and turned up for a 3 hours badminton session that filled up 4 courts in Elements Badminton Centre, and then a satay dinner afterwards.
I need to make some special mentions to a few members:
- the 4 members who travelled many hours to attend the gathering, Suetyan, Xingboy, Jimmy_Goh and friend, and also nokh88. Very grateful to these members who made the long trek just to meet up with other members and I, esp when some ended up home well after midnight that night and have to go to work the day after.
- national+ level players cheekygen, Gervene and shooting stroke who graced us with their presence, ooohhh and aaah’ed everyone with their display of skills.
- Jimmy_Goh who brought a whole stack of souvenirs from Singapore to share with everyone.
- ZELM and DC badminon who sponsored rackets, and Blurry D for sponsoring t-shirts for the raffling.
- suetyan who at my last minute request, went to picked up the rackets from ZELM in Singapore and brought them up to KL.
- robin7 (and others) who kept my mom and kids company while i play.
- last but not least, drifit and BlurryD who made this gathering possible. handling the booking of courts and local logistics for members.
with all the effort of everyone made this gathering so successful!
It was very nice to play and chat with everyone. I apologize that I didn’t managed to chat and play with everyone who were present as i had hoped, but whatever conservations i had i really did enjoy. Among the group are people who run badminton shops, who runs badminton league, who plays/played at the national level, who organizes weekly badminton sessions. basically, everyone who are just fanatical about badminton as ourselves.
Aside from the chats, I also enjoyed the badminton games. As I would expect everyone show quite high levels of skills. The games were friendly and despite the levels of skllls displayed, everyone seems to be having a lot of fun. I was!
The satay dinner afterwards was delicious and special appreciation for the local members who showed their hospitality by treating the visitors for a nice meal.
The rest of the trip in MAS was similarly fun. We had a great lunch at Unique Seafood the day after and went to KLCC for a visit. Unfortunately the KLCC towers were closed to visitors for Mondays the ladies ended up spending their time shopping in the mall.
We headed to Sabah on Tuesday and i attempted my ascent to Mt. Kinabalu. The weather was at my side and it was rainly all day and by the time i got to the Laban Rata, it was pouring and I wasn’t allowed to get to the peak. The ascent to Laban Rata was super challenging. The 26% grade made it seems like doing starmaster for 2.5 hours. I was quite proud of myself coz I made it much faster than I planned to and even managed to get the guide huffing and puffing along with me.
Thank you everyone for coming to the gathering and I hope we will be able to do that again. I will have to come back one of these years to attempt Mt. Kinabalu again.
12-24-2012, 09:52 PM #439
Boss, don't take too long to conquer Mt. Kinabalu. Age may not be on your side.
12-25-2012, 02:26 AM #440
12-25-2012, 08:37 PM #441
oh, and forgot to say thanks to the members who gave us gifts! thank you so much!!
Ted_sport liked this post
12-27-2012, 06:11 AM #442