Yonex SHB 102 LTD vs SHB F1 LTD/MX

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by FeintMan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. FeintMan

FeintMan Regular Member

Hi guys,

It's time to renew my shoes. I've been using SHB-92 M for the past two years, and I want to change now to Yonex SHB 102 LTD or. SHB F1 LTD/MX.

I don't know which one should I pick because they have different technologies. I'm a fast attacking player and I use to jump smash and come to the net at all the time.
    Can you help me? Is there a significative difference between this two models?

Thank you

2. meekus

meekus New Member

Bump. I'd also like to know how big the difference between the two is.

And also, which shoe fits which type of player better? For someone with somewhat weak knees, would the extra stability from the 102 model be the better choice, or is could the lighter F1 shoe be better?

Thanks!

3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I've been using Yonex's high end shoes for almost 10 years. Shoes including the SHB100LTD, SHB101, SHB101LTD, SHB200, and the SHB102LTD. Let me just say rigtht now that their quality has gone out the window in recent years. To cut the story short, within 3 months, my SHB102's literally ripped on the sidewall of their synthetic material and that's with 2 pairs. Their shoes are utterly garbage and it's now pretty much ripped to shreads. I'll post a pic up later. Go with a different brand like Victor.

#3 Optiblue, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Optiblue, what do you think of Lining shoes ?

5. bbsanchezi

bbsanchezi New Member

manager
    good,I'm a fast attacking player and I use to jump smash and come to the net at all the time.[​IMG]

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i was also told by a badminton store owner that the F1 is not as good as it seems if you want a long lasting shoe. because it's so light, it's mostly made out of glue and a lot less rubber, meaning a lot less substance. so there's been a lot of customers complaining to the store about the F1 falling apart way before it's due.

i have been wearing the shb101ltd for about two years now since 2009. i say two years because i have another pair the sc5 that i wear on and off so it's not always the same pair. i had to say that the way i thrash the 101ltd, they are holding up pretty good. i can still get the 101ltd and when these break, i'll buy another pair. the sc5 broke apart on the seams on the side so i wouldn't recommend those either.

if you are rich and can replace a pair of shoes every 6mos, buy whatever you want :)