Help please Need new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Monty, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Monty

Monty New Member

Hi, I,m looking for a new racket and need some help. I've just come back to the sport after 15 years away. Totally addicted again. I've been playing for about 4 months 4 times a week and want to upgrade racket. I play single and double, quite attacking and a lot of back of court play. The problem I'm finding is back play lack of power.
    Hope this info helps

2. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    You may try VT70, it's med flex and head heavy.. the head heaviness could lend a hand on your smash and med flex is more user-friendly.

3. malinosega

malinosega Regular Member

student
    Yonex voltric z force 3u

Hi i am more of single player. I just dont like playing double very much bcz it s too much hassle. Or i jst hvnt found the right partner yet lol. I ve been using yonex vtzf 3u on 27 x 29 lbs with nbg95 for some time and it has true great power from its head heaviness. Driving shuttle from back to back is easy, smash is booming and accurate, provided if u r consistent enuf in hitting on the sweet spot. This racket has smaller frame thus smaller sweet spot. But once u get the hang of it, it is really a perfect attacking racket. Note when i say attacking u have to be consistent on attacking thru the whole game, not changing to defend whenever u feel tired. I would say the defending(blocking, placing) wont be as fast as head light racket, but if u r fast enuf to drive in defense, then this racket has its power. IMO u should try the 4u version if available. Idk why but when i do fast shot like smash, flat drive, half smash i feel like the shuttle does not decrease its speed til it touches the court. So be careful when u do jump smash the shuttle may go out since it doesnt slow down if u dont hit it steep enuf. At first this racket will felt hard to generate power cos it s heavy, but when u r able to transfer ur power to the racket then 'it ll speak to u'!! Haha. Note transfering ur power does not mean increase ur power.

4. Monty

Monty New Member

My local shop doesn't stock vt70 but said to look at voltric 7 and 9. Probably because he's got them in stock. Which of these would be better all round play with back court power

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    my suggestion is, before spending another $200 on a new racket, figure out if it's the racket that's holding you back. if you already own mid-grade or high-grade racket, then it might not be the racket. try to spend some time training, and even just practicing the same shot over and over to see if it improves. maybe with time you'll learn to play better with the racket you already have and then you'll think twice before switching rackets :)

but if you must, generally, a more flexible racket will help you hit a bit further toward the other end of the court.

6. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

if you still using your racket from 15 years ago, and the string is 15 years old then may consider new strings

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    Good catch on that, hahaha, quite funny too!!

8. browndogss

browndogss New Member

manager
    yeah.the head heaviness could lend a hand on your smash and med flex is more user-friendly.[​IMG]