doubts that i have a fake

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by c4r80n, Oct 13, 2003.

1. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    hey everyone, i just bought an MP33 from a dealer in Toronto, Canada. Im not a racquet expert, and i dont often buy racquets but my old ti-5 cracked from a racquet clash. anyways, i was looking over my MP33 and everything seems very real, but there is no serial number.

the main question is, "is there supposed 2 b a serial number on an mp33?

im not sure if because its a lower class model there isn't a serial or what.

anyways, i will appreciate any help.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

There is supposed to be a serial number.

3. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    does anyone here have an MP33 so that i can tell for sure that mine is a fake.

im not sure if its a real fake, or if its like a defective? reason being the dealer seemed to be very convincing, as he was showing me all these brochures that told me more and details of each racquet. he even gave me his card again at the end and told me that if my racquet broke, he could send it to yonex for me for maybe a claim.

im not sure if he is a very convincing fake racquet selling dealer, or this racquet somehow didn't receive a serial, or the dealer accidently received a patch of fake racquets.

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Well...when I went to Asby's to check out the MP33 and MP22 when they just came out, they both had serial numbers on them.

5. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    thx joseph, i think ill go to see the MP33 for sale at Lee's and see if they have a serial there. also, the dealer doesn't like people to go into his store to browse his stuff, which people would think is because of theft. if a dealer sold fake racquets, i wouldnt think he would care to much about walk-in customers.

anywayz, thx for your help....if anyone else has info, please post it.

6. TM0001

TM0001 New Member

do u remember where did u buy that racquet?

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Just post the picture of your racket and we will know weather its a fake or not.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe there should be 2 serial numbers on the racket. One is on the cone with 6 digits and 2 characters. The other one is (7 digits?) on the shaft, close to the cone area. For more information on the serial # and format, u can check FAQ in Equipment Forum.

However, personally I think MP33 is relatively a lower end racket. Doubt anyone will fake this model. If for pricy ones like MP100, MP99 then the chance of "fake" might be more significant. I mean, if I am making a fake, why not just paint it to be like MP99 or MP100 to gain much more profit instantly?

Is that possible that the serial number being "covered" by the grip or something?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how much did it cost you?

there is no free lunch, if the racket cost you much less than the market price, it is quite unlikely that you got a good deal, and more likely that the product isn't what it is claimed to be.

pictures will help too.

10. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    hey, ya i guess you are right as mp33 is relatively cheap. I bought it at Winning Cycle and Badminton located in he price was relatively moderate, about $10 dollars cheaper than Lee's which is the club i attend. my camera broke after i dropped it a few months ago, so i cant post up pics...sorri

my grip does go relatively high and covers half the cone, but still, shouldn't i see a serial on the shaft?

thx for your help, if anyone actually owns an mp33, preferable one from Canada, could you tell me if yours has a serial or not.

11. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    thx newayz for all your help...i was talking with the dealer, and i was telling him about the situation. he gets all his racquets from Yonex Canada, but he was worried that it actually might be a fake, so he told me to bring it to his shop one of these days so that he can see why my mp33 doesn't have a serial number, and if it is a fake, he will replace it with a real one. :D

ty all for your help....appreciate it.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am a little bit confused. If as he claimed he gets all his stock from Yonex Canada, why he "worry"???

Unless he has some other sources as well. Therefore, selling real ones to experts or "being questioned", well doing the "dirty job" to newbies. If that's the case, I will try to stay away, and won't be fooled by his "kindness".

13. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

it's possible that he did think those were real and bought them so that he could both profit more and offer lower prices. That said, it's irresponsible to purchase a highly counterfeited item without being sure of its authenticity.

14. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    maybe, the dealer is putting up a kindness act, but he "claims" that if the racket is fake, he will give me a new 1, and i will check it very detailed to see if it is real or not. so wen i get the new racquet, ill check it over carefully.

thx you guyz, c4r80n