How do I know the maximum string tension of my Yonex racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zilchcapybara1, Dec 6, 2012.

1. zilchcapybara1

zilchcapybara1 New Member

I am planning to buy a new Yonex racket and it is genuine and original based on the store... But the problem is the guy from the store told me the racket's max string tension is only 24 ibs. because there is nothing written on any yonex racket anything about its max string tension as what the guy from the store said.... I thought original rackets can hold until 28 ibs??? What do I do now?

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The "sticker" tension only refers to the tension up to which Yonex will honour warranty claims, and they are very conservative with these.

Original, high-end Yonex rackets will take 28 with absolutely no problem; pros go a lot higher than this, and their rackets are exactly the same as ours.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i lot of the newer rackets from victor and carlton have max tension labeled at 28lbs, i'm sure yonex rackets can handle 28lbs as well. i think they just don't want any hassle with their warranty.

on a side note, there's another thread discussion whether the pros get the exact same copy of the product as we do? some had concluded that they do because if they get exclusive models then it would be a lot more work for the manufacturer. but there are "prototype" models out there?

4. zilchcapybara1

zilchcapybara1 New Member

The problem is the guy that reguts the string wont regut it to 28 ibs because as he said the racket cant handle it because theres nothing on the racket sayin max string tension and stuff...

5. gundamzaku

working professional
    if the stringer is that scared of breaking your racket, maybe he hasn't had too much experience with stringing at that tension or maybe he just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of possibly breaking one. either way, find a new stringer. ask around, good stringers are mostly known by word-of-mouth anyway :)

6. hop-step

hop-step Regular Member

just increase by 1 or 2 lbs everytime you string and when your racket crack/break, you find the maximum tension. :)

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    to the OP, i think the question you want to ask is where you can find a quality stringer in your area since you're having problems getting the current stringer to string it at your tension (28lbs?), and not so much how you find the max tension on a particular yonex racket?