VT80 vs AT900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nauroa, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Hi guys.

What's your take on these two rackets in comparison?
    I mean the 900T is suppose to be less head heavy, but on the other hand the VT80 seems to have a slimmer design. Will any one of them have a distinct speed advantage?

2. Danze

Danze Regular Member

both arn't "speed" or defensive rackets such as nanospeed or nanoray
    but VT80 is the more speedy racket of the two. armortech is kind of heavier and bulkier
    but why vt80, the vtzf is a better choice from the same series.

3. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Vtzf is stiffer and more head heavy as I understand it which it not what I'm looking for for doubles.

4. Danze

Danze Regular Member

well, the answer is still vt 80.
    at900 is bulkier and the shuttle seems to stay on the string for just a fraction longer, making shots predictable and reflex slower.

5. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I understand. :)
    Now I just need to find a racket that copies VT80 in stiffness and weight but is s bit faster without sacrificing too much power. ^^

6. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    That would be the VT80 in 4U I guess.

7. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    That's what I'm using atm for singles. :)
    Might just have to practice more to make it work for doubles as well, as my current doubles racket (NS9900) simply doesn't have the power I want.

8. Danze

Danze Regular Member

maybe try use nanology 98 or 99 string. more power with the same tension, more spring to your smashes and shots.

9. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I have to disagree. I find that AT900T is less head heavy than VT80. Hence the former is quicker and better in term of defense but less powerful.

10. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i have the at900t and the vtzf

my 2 cents worth, at900t is better for doubles as its quicker around the head/tip of the racquet, and it is very high repulsion, good response with decent head heaviness, good agility

vtzf has lower repulsion but a heavier head, and its harder to accelerate the head, i can give a harder backhand smash with the at900t, but unable to do so with the VTZF due to strength limitations. in terms of reaction to fast speeds, the at900t gives me faster response.

it is definitely possible to train yourself to use the VTZF or VT80 with such agility, but it will take time..

unfortunately you are not in singapore, else we can meet up and you can try for youself as first hand experience is the most valuable and the fastest to know whether the racquet suits you or not..

11. edisonko830

edisonko830 Regular Member

manufacturing
    I have both AT900T and VT80.
    I think AT900T is easier to use and great all aorund racket.
    VT80 should be better for offensive play but but too stiff for me.

Usually i use AT900T.

12. zhangwei525

zhangwei525 Regular Member

Engineer
    I am in Singapore. I have read some thread and seems you hold a 900T :). I play more than 3 years and I have broken 2 Ti-10 3rd Gen. Now want to a different racket. I play single most and I am a control type player. I hold a Arcsaber 8dx now and play for 2 times. It seems well to me. Maybe need to play more times to feel it. It is good but I am thinking that is it will be better perfomance for AT900T and AT900P?

I have hold this 2 rackets(with string and grip) on hand to swing. I feel that 900T is a little bit heavier than 900P. this is different with most commet that 900P is heavier than 900T. Unfortunatly I havn't play this 2 racket on count and can not compare with Arc 8dx. I have read some thread and I know both T and P are head heavy.

I know you have 900T. I know actually feel may be different from the Yonex chart or what ever. I enquiry your personal feeling: What do you think about 900T compare to Arc 8dx. Possibly 900P with 8dx as well. Consider 3 points below:

1. Stiffness: Which one is more stiff. 8dx is extra stiff provide by Yonex but I want to know the actual feeling.
    2. Heavy: The head heavy feel of the 3. Of course 8dx is even balance.
    3. Strength consumtion: Which one cost more energy after play for long time.

I am a little thin and weak. So my wrist may not support to heavy racket such as VT80. I don't have friend hold 900T/P for me to try. They have 9900 and Arc 10 but I don't want this 2. Thank you buddy...

13. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I happened to have these 4 rackets - AT900T, AT900P, ARC8DX & VT80.

Below is my personal opinion.

1. Shaft Stiffness: ARC8DX>AT900P>AT900T=VT80 (Ok. I'm not 100% certain about this as the head heaviness does play a part)
    2. Head Heaviness: AT900P>VT80>AT900T>ARC8DX (This is pretty easy to gauge)
    3. Strength consumption: AT900P>VT80>AT900T=ARC8DX

If you can't handle VT80, I wouldn't recommend AT900P because it is more head heavy.
    Go for either AT900T and ARC8DX. I love both of them. They are certainly 2 of the best Yonex rackets in my opinion.

14. zhangwei525

zhangwei525 Regular Member

Engineer
    Thank you buddy. I keep bringing up here and want to see more people's opinion.

15. carbonex 20

carbonex 20 Regular Member

engineer
    YY AT900P 3U with BG66 29 lbs