Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Grommets for CARBONEX ?
12-09-2012, 10:15 PM #1
Grommets for CARBONEX ?
I am planning to purchase some new grommets (most likely from MBS) for my Carbonex 20sp, 8000Ti ... since this is a NEW AREA for me ... any idea what sizes I should buy for Cabs ?
Most of the stringers that I know do not do complete set of grommet change, so I may have to do so myself and then let them string.
Furthermore, what tools do I need apart from a pair of pliers and a sharp blade ?
Any advice and recommendations are most appreciated - TQ in advance
Last edited by maxout; 12-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM #2
I tried looking for specific Yonex grommets for CABS but to no avail, I guess I have to end up using the generic types but what type/size ?
12-13-2012, 05:10 AM #3
What I've bought (from researching this forum) was:
MBS Generic grommets type C (shared grommets) & I (single grommets). They're both the "long" version & some people recommend to trim them with a razor to size (longer grommet can be cut, short cannot be extended ). According to my research, this fits 99% of racquets out there (the other 1% is U-shaped grommets found in newer racquets).
Note that I haven't received the above items (they're still in transit) so it's only info that I found from digging around in this forum.
Another idea is to salvage grommets from old/ broken racquets & put them into the Cab
maxout liked this post
12-13-2012, 05:47 AM #4
I shall wait for you to test and review first
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM #5
I used to use HQ type A (single) and C (double / shared) gromments, and with trimming, they will fit for most of the rackets. I believe type I is a legit choice, if you do not have A.
12-21-2012, 05:56 PM #6
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM #7
i also need to change my entire set of grommets for my bs12 later when i go stringing
no where to twist anymore lol
12-22-2012, 01:48 AM #8