Grommets for CARBONEX ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by maxout, Dec 9, 2012.

1. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I am planning to purchase some new grommets (most likely from MBS) for my Carbonex 20sp, 8000Ti ... since this is a NEW AREA for me ... any idea what sizes I should buy for Cabs ?

Most of the stringers that I know do not do complete set of grommet change, so I may have to do so myself and then let them string.

Furthermore, what tools do I need apart from a pair of pliers and a sharp blade ?

Any advice and recommendations are most appreciated - TQ in advance :)

#1 maxout, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I tried looking for specific Yonex grommets for CABS but to no avail, I guess I have to end up using the generic types but what type/size ? :confused:

3. raistian

raistian Regular Member

What I've bought (from researching this forum) was:

MBS Generic grommets type C (shared grommets) & I (single grommets). They're both the "long" version & some people recommend to trim them with a razor to size (longer grommet can be cut, short cannot be extended :p). According to my research, this fits 99% of racquets out there (the other 1% is U-shaped grommets found in newer racquets).

Note that I haven't received the above items (they're still in transit) so it's only info that I found from digging around in this forum.

Another idea is to salvage grommets from old/ broken racquets & put them into the Cab ;)

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I shall wait for you to test and review first :)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I used to use HQ type A (single) and C (double / shared) gromments, and with trimming, they will fit for most of the rackets. I believe type I is a legit choice, if you do not have A.

6. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. I am waiting in the post for my Xmas presents - a de-grommeting tool and new grommets ... :D

7. RazerCutter

RazerCutter Regular Member

Media Consultant
    i also need to change my entire set of grommets for my bs12 later when i go stringing
    no where to twist anymore lol

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I folowed raistian's advice on grommets - bought from MBS but the degrommet tool, I buy direct from Eagnas, 50% CHEAPER :eek: than MBS !!