User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spadroliken View Post
    Okay, forget the example, main question what happens when there's a loss in tension in strings. Sorry for going off topic. :P
    you will feel a decrease in control and shots tends to just bounce off your racket. you tend to gain a bit of power, but at a lost of control generally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i completely agree with this comment!

on top of this, i feel that the n90 is not head heavy but just heavy. i compared it with my arc10 2u and it's even heavier than that. some on this forum say it's 3u, but i disagree. it's so heavy that it's just a training racket for me, so is my n50.

when you hold the z force near the cone, at least you'll fee the difference in swing weight because the overall weight is much lighter than the n90. even when i hold it near the cone of the n90, it's still heavy for me.

on a side note, that's why i am amazed at LD's ability to play games with it, it's just too damn heavy for me
    I agree with you the n90 is pretty heavy ( for a 3u ) not just the head.. if you wanna find a racket with a more distinguished weight difference I suggest a n80 then a n90 ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a N90 as well and i personally felt that it is more head heavier compare to my fren's Voltric ZF 4U.
    I think i personally prefer Voltrix ZF compare to my N90. ZF somehow give me better and more powerful smashes compare to my N90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lookeong View Post
    I have a N90 as well and i personally felt that it is more head heavier compare to my fren's Voltric ZF 4U.
    I think i personally prefer Voltrix ZF compare to my N90. ZF somehow give me better and more powerful smashes compare to my N90.
    the tri voltage is really obvious in the z force racket, adds more power to the shots with the same effort. you can really feel the tri voltage when you clear ay

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spadroliken View Post
    How do you guys "detect" a significant loss in tension of your strings. E.g. 26 to 25lbs? Is it even possible?
    easiest way to detect tension change is from the pitch.

if you do not have good pitch memory, when the racquet is freshly strung you can do a simple recording of the tap tone by hitting the string bed against your palm or plucking a string etc with your smart phone.

check the sound later on after playing.. if its "Ding" on your recording, and "Ding" after playing, tension hasnt changed much, but if your racquet starts sounding a little lower in pitch, like a "Dong" sound.. then you've loss some tension..

i've 5-6 playing racquets, there's a couple of them on li-ning AP62+ that doesnt seem to have much of any tension loss at all! (strung on an e5pro).. so i use them as a pitch reference for comparison.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    Being an owner of a N90 and previously owning a ZForce... I can tell you that the ZForce IS head heavier than the N90.

The N90 is heavy but the weight is distributed on the head and along the shaft whereas the ZForce (3U) was extremely head heavy but with a light shaft.

I can't really comment on drives because I sold the ZForce due to it's lack of stability after a heavy smash. If you are looking for something similar to ZForce... Extremely head heavy AND stable, you should consider the Victor MX-JJS.
    extremely agreed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3