User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 41
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    I'm fairly inconsistent... But if I manage to let one rip... Yes it's a powerful shot

    Mind you I'm not the typical Asian build... 6'2" and 210lbs LOLLLL
    I think big ppl suit n90 cos we destabilize thin racket ..... I thought it was my technical problem until i got my n90 and everything is smooth for me ..... Big ppl need heavy racket to feel it ......
    (btw i use z slash before also hahaha)

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the info, bud. But I thought the difference between MX80 and MXjjs is only in term of stiffness. Hmm... Why do u say that MXjjs is harder to wield compare to MX80? How's MX80's maneuverability compare to MXjjs? because maneuverability I found it to be very important so that I could counter-attack at the front court by any chance and I could keep smashing continuously from the back. I think maneuverability=speed right?

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MX-JJS is head heavier than the MX80. If you check the graph, it shows that the MX-JJS is head heavier than the MX80. Because of this, the MX80 is MUCH more maneuverable than the JJS. Net kills on the MX-JJS is really difficult because your wrist has to generate a fast downward stroke... It feels so heavy that I'm afraid I would sprain my wrist if I push to hard...

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks.. Sorry for another question again.. How would you compare voltric zforce stiffness vs MX80 stiffness?? Hmm... I'm using VTZF 4U because VTZF3U is too demanding of power to use in double. Do u think a VTZF 4U user can wield a MX80 3U?? Because I found that my VTZF 4U is somehow weight the same as Ti-10 3U

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MX80 shaft is MUCHHH stiffer than the ZForce... Not doubt about it!

    Do you rely on the racket's flex to generate power? Because my swing is fast, compact and hard... My swing generally doesn't flex the racket's shaft. I chose highly repulsive strings (NBG99 JP) with 27lbs tension to minimize hold on the string bed. This setup minimizes recoil so the bird almost leaves the stringbed immediately.

    To me this is what you need for doubles... Fast and hard!

    Hope this helps

  6. #23
    Regular Member Cycril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in M'sia
    Posts
    376
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i completely agree with this comment!

    on top of this, i feel that the n90 is not head heavy but just heavy. i compared it with my arc10 2u and it's even heavier than that. some on this forum say it's 3u, but i disagree. it's so heavy that it's just a training racket for me, so is my n50.

    when you hold the z force near the cone, at least you'll fee the difference in swing weight because the overall weight is much lighter than the n90. even when i hold it near the cone of the n90, it's still heavy for me.

    on a side note, that's why i am amazed at LD's ability to play games with it, it's just too damn heavy for me
    LD still have weights on his racket head!

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But I heard using such stiff racket will rip your arm off.. How about MX70? Will it be the same as MX80 but less stiffer? Because I'm planning to get only one last spare racket in case my zforce string broken. I'm afraid of getting a wrong racket n regret, thanks god zforce didn't disappoint me. Last time I use AT700 first gen for double and my hit are soooooooo slow. Once I change to Ti-10 (my friend's racket because AT700 broke), my game improve a lot, as in I could keep smash continuously from the racket while AT700 makes me tired after 3 straight hard smash. I heard MX80 is very power demanding, hence I'm afraid I will back to my AT700 track.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Avoid MX70 at all cost!!! Something is wrong with that racket and I can't put my finger on it!!!

    My friend has one and it literally just broke on the in the 10 o'clock position. It wasn't off a clash but just after a hit which sounds like it didn't hit the frame. But it just caved. According to Victor Canada, there is a new stringing pattern and if it wasn't strung properly that happens... Sounds kind of sketchy to me! The racket just doesn't have that reassuring feel to it... Even before my friend's incident, when I first held the racket, it felt hollow...

    Actually my friend who sold me his MX80 also said that it felt like it's ripping his arm out. Which is why he had to sell it... Personally I have no idea what he meant because I think it's pretty easy to use! The only difference is he mainly plays plastic and I play feather. He uses VS850 at 26lbs and I use NBG99 at 27lbs.

    Perhaps it's all back to technique...

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And it's definitely less demanding than N90, MX-JJS, and AT900P!

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There may be some yonex bias here, but I would say stay with the Z force.
    If more head heaviness is what you are after, try use thinner grip and heavier thicker string.
    I mean, Z force has a lot more technology than n90, you have 4u z force which is already the most head heavy thing you can possible get from yonex. Stay with 4u z force mate.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Danze, I think I will stick with the Z-force. Already using thinner grip, as for the string...any recommendations on a heavier thicker string? I'm currently using Yonex Nanogy 99 at 26lbs.

  12. #29
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    LD still have weights on his racket head!
    i know, that's why i'm even afraid to shake his hand, might break my bones, but he's left handed so i'm ok....now if i can just get a chance to shake his hand, LOL

  13. #30
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    But I heard using such stiff racket will rip your arm off.. How about MX70? Will it be the same as MX80 but less stiffer? Because I'm planning to get only one last spare racket in case my zforce string broken. I'm afraid of getting a wrong racket n regret, thanks god zforce didn't disappoint me. Last time I use AT700 first gen for double and my hit are soooooooo slow. Once I change to Ti-10 (my friend's racket because AT700 broke), my game improve a lot, as in I could keep smash continuously from the racket while AT700 makes me tired after 3 straight hard smash. I heard MX80 is very power demanding, hence I'm afraid I will back to my AT700 track.
    then another possibility is that you can play better with a more even balance racket than a head heavy balance racket? just wondering

  14. #31
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    Avoid MX70 at all cost!!! Something is wrong with that racket and I can't put my finger on it!!!

    My friend has one and it literally just broke on the in the 10 o'clock position. It wasn't off a clash but just after a hit which sounds like it didn't hit the frame. But it just caved. According to Victor Canada, there is a new stringing pattern and if it wasn't strung properly that happens... Sounds kind of sketchy to me! The racket just doesn't have that reassuring feel to it... Even before my friend's incident, when I first held the racket, it felt hollow...

    Actually my friend who sold me his MX80 also said that it felt like it's ripping his arm out. Which is why he had to sell it... Personally I have no idea what he meant because I think it's pretty easy to use! The only difference is he mainly plays plastic and I play feather. He uses VS850 at 26lbs and I use NBG99 at 27lbs.

    Perhaps it's all back to technique...
    i have also compared both vs850 and nbg99, at the same tension on the same two rackets, vs850 is a much stiffer string, and nbg99 is a much more repulsive string, if that helps.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, at first I thought so. But now I have adapted to my VTZF and it's a very nice racket for attacking. Since it's a 4U hence it's very easy to maneuver. But I found that the 4U vtzf is somehow the same weight as the Ti-10 3u. So I'm wondering if MX80 3U will be something like my vtzf 4u in terms of maneuverability and weight.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default On a side note....

    How do you guys "detect" a significant loss in tension of your strings. E.g. 26 to 25lbs? Is it even possible?

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, forget the example, main question what happens when there's a loss in tension in strings. Sorry for going off topic. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •