To continue using the Z-force or to get an N90 Woods

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Spadroliken, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Spadroliken

Spadroliken Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys, I have been going through the forums, and people have been saying that the N90 Woods is more head-heavy than the Voltric Z-force. As I am an aggressive player, I wish to find out if I should continue to use my 4U Z-force or to get a Li-Ning N90 Woods currently used by Lin Dan. Factors that I would like to put into consideration is:

1. Is it more head-heavy than the Z-force and yet capable of fast drives and pushes.

2. How MUCH more head-heavy is it as compared to the Z-force.

Thank you. :) :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What people? I don't think you can expect a 90-91gr. N90 to be quicker or comparable even in the drive area to a 4U ZF ...

3. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Hhmm... Is that mean aggressive players must always look for Head Heavy racket?

4. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

it depends, but head heavy racket might suit aggressive player :D

#4 Cycril, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. Spadroliken

Student
    Okay okay, It might not suit aggressive players but I like it. :O People as in players I play with, not on the forum. Sorry for the misunderstanding

6. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Being an owner of a N90 and previously owning a ZForce... I can tell you that the ZForce IS head heavier than the N90.

The N90 is heavy but the weight is distributed on the head and along the shaft whereas the ZForce (3U) was extremely head heavy but with a light shaft.

I can't really comment on drives because I sold the ZForce due to it's lack of stability after a heavy smash. If you are looking for something similar to ZForce... Extremely head heavy AND stable, you should consider the Victor MX-JJS.

7. Spadroliken

Student
    Thanks for the comparison. Pardon me, but what do you mean by stability?

8. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

The problem I had with the ZForce was that after a huge smash, the shaft becomes very flexy and the racket becomes unstable. Even on pushes, the shaft flexes and my pushes goes out. This is not normal. My friend and I have noticed this on the ZForce. Well my particular ZForce... He speculates that it's when I unleashed one of my heavy smashes, the shaft and the cone loosened up somehow...

In any case, I personally like the N90 more because the racquet feels indestructible.

9. Spadroliken

Student
    Man, you are making me worry about my ZForce now. HAHA, you must have a great smash in order to do that to a Zforce! Thanks for the comparison once again, will consider using the N90 Woods in the future. :)

10. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I'm fairly inconsistent... But if I manage to let one rip... Yes it's a powerful shot :D

Mind you I'm not the typical Asian build... 6'2" and 210lbs LOLLLL

11. Spadroliken

Student
    :O Wayyyy taller and heavier than me! I'm only 173cm tall at 72kg. Which is your.. 5'6 at 158lbs. Hahahas, at least you're taller than LD. :p

12. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    I'm currently using zforce and am planning on getting another racket as backup. But I'm stuck in between BSlyd and MXjjs. May I know your comment on MXjjs? I know MXjjs is more of power while BSlyd is more of speed. I want to know if MXjjs speed is decent enough for few hours of double game (I'm using VTZF 4U and it has very good maneuverability)? or BSlyd power is strong enough to kill opponent.

13. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Funny thing is... I've also tried the LYD and I played with it less than an hour and sold it to my friend. He also didn't like it and sold it to someone else...

For me, the LYD didn't excel in any area for me compared to my Gosen Shiden when I used it as my doubles racquet. The Shiden is faster and hits harder... There was no reason for me to keep the LYD. But another factor is that the LYD was strung with VS850 and it wasn't a good match for the racquet. Fast racquet requires thin, repulsive strings!!!

The MX-JJS in 3U is quite a chore for me in doubles. I'm only using it for singles because the head heaviness makes it really difficult for a good net game. Backhand net kills feels like I can sprain my wrist...

Why not give MX80 a try? I use the MX80 for doubles... It's perfect!! Singles is a bit harder because it has virtually no give... Your footwork better be good because that shot gets off in a hurry!

14. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i completely agree with this comment!

on top of this, i feel that the n90 is not head heavy but just heavy. i compared it with my arc10 2u and it's even heavier than that. some on this forum say it's 3u, but i disagree. it's so heavy that it's just a training racket for me, so is my n50.

when you hold the z force near the cone, at least you'll fee the difference in swing weight because the overall weight is much lighter than the n90. even when i hold it near the cone of the n90, it's still heavy for me.

on a side note, that's why i am amazed at LD's ability to play games with it, it's just too damn heavy for me :(

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    you my friend, have insane power!!! props to you :) i noticed the same thing on my arc002, but mine is a flexible shaft. you, on the other hand, can generate the flex on a stiff shaft!!! i hate to be at the receiving end of your smash!

at first i thought my racket was defected because the tip of the cone is no longer sealed onto the shaft and is kinda loose. now i know why. thank you for the bit of insight!!

16. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I think it's because I don't have the "proper" technique... I never had proper training... Just what ever works for me...

I think there is a screw in the handle underneath the original grip. Try to tighten it up, maybe that might fix your Arc002.

17. gundamzaku

working professional
    thank you, i'll check it out later today :)

18. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    I think big ppl suit n90 cos we destabilize thin racket ..... I thought it was my technical problem until i got my n90 and everything is smooth for me ..... Big ppl need heavy racket to feel it ......
    (btw i use z slash before also hahaha)

19. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Thanks for the info, bud. But I thought the difference between MX80 and MXjjs is only in term of stiffness. Hmm... Why do u say that MXjjs is harder to wield compare to MX80? How's MX80's maneuverability compare to MXjjs? because maneuverability I found it to be very important so that I could counter-attack at the front court by any chance and I could keep smashing continuously from the back. I think maneuverability=speed right?

20. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

The MX-JJS is head heavier than the MX80. If you check the graph, it shows that the MX-JJS is head heavier than the MX80. Because of this, the MX80 is MUCH more maneuverable than the JJS. Net kills on the MX-JJS is really difficult because your wrist has to generate a fast downward stroke... It feels so heavy that I'm afraid I would sprain my wrist if I push to hard...