dcbadminton, customworqs, RKEP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gundamzaku, Dec 10, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    they all have customizations!!!

now there's three rackets to purchase, yes!!!

just wondering, who has all three with the same spec can give a review on all three companies?

if not, i'll do it over christmas as a gift to moi!!!!

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

And after trying all of them and spending USD600 :eek:, you will find that the BEST racquet is still ..... Carbonex 20 :p :D

I have stopped searching on racquets after my last round of going through all the top-end racquets by YY, LiNing and Victor ... none came close to the trusty Cab20 !!

My search is now on STRINGS that I love .... trying out Gosen and Ashaway strings now .... top contender from Yonex is BG65 and BG66 ... BG66UM loses out on $$$$$ - cannot afford to change every 2 weeks !!

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Maxout. Let me know what strings you choose. So far I have tried NG95 @28lbs (too slippery and hard feeling), NG99 @28lbs (not very different to NG98 but more expensive), NG98 @ 28lbs (the compromise of feel and durability and better than BG65)

In fact, the strings I have like the most in the past are BG66 and BG85. They have the wonderful 'ping' sound and spring loaded feeling on the racquet. But this is going back 10years ago :(

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Right now, I am using Gosen Multilade R4x100 @22lbs on my Cab20sp .... very thin gauge 0.63mm ... better than BG66 in all aspects including hitting sound !!

HOWEVER, I am not sure if it can withstand 28lbs :eek: ... it was written on the packaging that recommended tension is from 20-24 lbs .... but you can give it a try if you like !!

Next in line, will be Zymax 65 ...

Gundamzaku, sorry for "short hijack" ... ;)

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Please let us know your findings on Zymax :D

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just because they all have variations doesn't mean they all do customization (i.e. on demand assembly/manufacturing) ;)
    Technically any brand can offer such customization as you call it, "all" they have to do is measure each and every racket and label the actual bp and weight instead of keeping it broader. Any store could even present it as such if they go the extra mile (like Panda and RKEP [​IMG]) ...

If you want to compare you'd probably want a Customworqs vs Trinity vs RKEP9000, maybe something ~86gr 295mm bp, though you still'd have to doublecheck the bp for customworx (whether measured with or without strings; once I got to the end after toying with the tool it said "strung bp" all of a sudden)

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    tru dat, i'm having trouble decided on all the specs. it's giving me more of a headache and no fun at all....and i thought choosing the color was difficult :(

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    curious...would the gosen be similar to the zymax 62?????

and for some reason, all the nbg strings sucks compare to bg66u, but that's just me. so far bg80 still stands out the most other than vs850, hehehehe

9. gundamzaku

working professional
    no need to apologize, it's great to have so many different topics in one thread, i don't have to jump around. of course it's a pain for those who are searching for info, but i guess i can't contribute much on the string topic since i am settling down with victor vs850 forever :)

10. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

zymax 65 is goooood :D better than nbg 95,98, and 99

- good power/repulsion
    - LOUD *BANG* when you smash :)
    - pretty durable (didn't break it yet)
    - ^ all that AND it's cheap :p

11. visor

visor Regular Member

/hijack... You should give zm62 a try. Very crisp, repulsive, great touch, has a bit of that spring loaded feel... and a very loud parp on strike. ;)

@gundam:
    I used to swear by vs850 like you but have in the past 2 months just discovered the zm62 and there's no going back. :p

#11 visor, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I agree with fellow hijacker, visor, that z62 is a lovely crisp string. If you like BG85, then you'll like Z62. (Visor is right, the world needs more "parp" sounds!)

#12 Fidget, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  13. gundamzaku

working professional
    I have tried zymax62 a while ago and wasn't impressed, maybe it's time t revisit :)

14. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

I think zymax62 have many different versions. the zymax62 red came along with RKEP PRO 9000 which i bought from eric was really great string. that one even better than my fav nbg98. other zymax62 reds i strung in Singapore were not that good.

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    very interesting, i guess i should revisit zymax62, hehe.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Disagree with the durability, agree with the rest. If I play with a not-so-familiar racket, I break about 2 strings a week with this. Previously only broke 2 in 2 months, but that was on my go-to rackets where I seem to hit the center very consistently (as it took only once mis-timed hard smash or desperation clear below shoulder height to break it).
    If you hit consistently and cleanly, it's a great string though. Very comfortable with it at 29lbs. BG66UM is marginally better, but so much more expensive it isn't worth it for me.