Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: The badminton geek....
12-10-2012, 07:29 PM #1
The badminton geek....
1. You have tried all racquets in search of that perfect smash.
2. You are now considering using those custom made racquets.
3. OK, just own up and say how many racquets are in your closet...
4. You know how to string a badminton racquet
5. You have tried at least 4 different stringing machines and said "I am just building up the ultimate one soon"
6. You already have the ultimate stringing machine
7. You have already performed a randomised controlled trial on different strings with different tensions
8. You know that statistically, ANOVA is the best statistical test to use in that analysis!
9. You can recite the diameters of all the strings faster than your girlfriend's/wife's birthday.
10. You tried 30+ different types of grip wrapping in search for the ultimate grip
11. You have used grip resin
12. You strip the original grip away and build up the size from the wood.
13. If the wood diameter is too large, you carefully shave some of it off.
Oh how could I have forgotten this one
14. You have watched all the stringing videos posted by Kwun on YouTube...
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM #2
'Randomized' control trial? One would have thought übergeeks would be ultra-methodical instead of random. ;-) You could say that some threads on the forum are already like meta -analyses on some of these topics : many weigh in with limited data and others combining those to come up with answers of their own. Just have to figure out how to weight each researcher's opinion appropriately to come up with the definitive 'Cochrane Database' answer to the Ultimate Question of what is the perfect racket/ string/ tension/ female player.
Cheung liked this post
12-10-2012, 09:02 PM #3
Ultra methodical with randomisation and allocation concealment is the answer How would you go about double blinding? haha
Limited data and own opinion can mean an n-of-1 trial, in which case it is best evidence....LOL
Last edited by Cheung; 12-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM #4
Cheung you are into stringing again??
if not. well, let me get less busy and i will poison you with more videos.
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM #513. If the wood diameter is too large, you carefully shave some of it off.
or if your name is Taufik, you ask Yonex to make you some G6 rackets so you can have thin grip AND towel at the same time...
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM #6
I'm proud to be half of the list haha
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM #7
You forgot one.
15. You visit Badminton Central everyday.
And for the Christmas spirit...Twelve Days of Badminton
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
12 Panda Power's
11 Victor Braveswords
10 Li-Ning rackets
9 Black Knight Max Force
8 Yang Yang Shuttles
7 Kason Twisters
6 Forza N-Forze
5 Asic shoes
3 Knee Straps
2 Gosen strings
and a Yonex Tournament Bag