Prince~stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by harry, Apr 6, 2001.

1. harry

harry Guest

I have a Prince 'Ascent Lite' racket and i'm getting it stringed for the first time, there's a few things that i want to find out. how much pound of tension can the rim take and i'm not sure wat tension to put on my new strings, BG65. I want to have some control from the strings but mostly power, i'm considering 24lb across and 22 straight cos my friend did that to his iso300 and it was quite good. Any suggestions/comments?

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Prince can take it! Simply because prince has less holes for strings..means the string pattern is less dense. So because of this, there is less stress on the frame and it should be able to take a higher tension.
    anyway have u tried my racquet out? Much more powerful at 24cross and 22 main...maybe u should try it first and see what tension you would like better.

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Do you have the Y-shaped head? Because if you do, BG65 is not thick enough for your dense string pattern.

4. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Ya he has the Y shaped head

5. harry

harry Guest

ya, i do have y-shapred racket but does prince has a dense string pattern or not dense pattern? cos i of u said dense and the other said the opposite, but if BG65 isn't thick enough for the dense pattern than wat string and tension suggestions do u have that can give nice power along with some control?

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    ......ur string is a NON dense pattern....
    and Tony, i have a prince as well(axis 63), which obviously has the Y shaped frame..i strung it with BG65 once without a prob.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Yes BG65 will be just fine. I used to have it myself on one of my former racquets (Prince Response) and it was great.