User Tag List

View Poll Results: how long does your string last you?

Voters
1598. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 weeks.

99 6.20%
  • 2 weeks - 1 month

242 15.14%
  • 1-2 months

305 19.09%
  • 2-3 months

279 17.46%
  • 3-6 months

276 17.27%
  • more than 6 months

397 24.84%
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with bg 66 @ 26lbs. I love the feeling after stringing the racket.
    So my rackets get restrung every 2 weeks.

edit: So they hold less than 2 weeks :<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually they last for about 1 1/2 months with Bg65 at 24 lbs. But I've had both my Voltrics strung with Nanogy 98 at 25 lbs recently and one of them "broke" within an hour of play, but I think it was the stringers fault, because the string didn't really break but the knot where it was fixed opened >_<.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My NBG98 hasn't broke and I think I got it restrung in July when my BG66UM snapped. The NBG's are almost indestructible even with my mishits :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im playing 2 times a week, with bg66 strung at 25lbs, it never lasted more than 2 weeks. bg65, maybe a month o so, n wit nanogy 98 it lasted only 3 weeks.. i've tried most of yonex products n none of them can i last for more than 2 months..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I think it may have something to do with who strings your raquets and how they are done.
    I use BG 70pro, and string mine at 32 main 30 cross. Even when i am playing a whole lot, i can easily get a 6 months out of my strings if I choose. BG 70 is a thicker string but as a heavy hitter I need it. plus with the high tension i get very good feel and touch at the net, especially with the black string (something in the colouring). I would suggest trying same tension and string but a different stringer. see if that makes a difference. otherwise playaround with strings and tensions until you find something you like
    Drew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mine will break soon. It was strung last August, BG70pro at 30lbs. Let's see if it last for 5 months, which is my usual duration with 28lbs. Considering that I had a month break, I think the 2lbs increases in the tension really cuts the durability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vin219 View Post
    im playing 2 times a week, with bg66 strung at 25lbs, it never lasted more than 2 weeks. bg65, maybe a month o so, n wit nanogy 98 it lasted only 3 weeks.. i've tried most of yonex products n none of them can i last for more than 2 months..
    I'm playing only once a week about 4hrs or a bit more. Usually at 28 lbs (electric machine) with either BG65ti or BG70pro. And as I said somewhere in this thread, my stringer is really good he even put a little sticker at the cap, stating the tension, string and the date on it. So I can see exactly how long the string lasted. I can day that on average it lasted about 5 months. So in your case, if you play twice a week, you should expect around 2 months compensating BG66 that is a thinner string and a lower tension you use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so right off the bat if your stringer isnt offsetting the mains and crosses he isnt stringing right.
    is he pre stretching your string for true tension? Also there are some stringers(not saying yours does) but to increase effeciency, will pull 2 strings at a time, there is a whole lot of stress put on the string at the grommets if pulled like that. There really are so many factors that dictate string duration from heat and humidity, cold, how racquets are stored, string movement during play, the shape of the grommets just to name a few.
    I know from my many years of playing experience and many years of stringing experience is that you really have to playaround and find the string and tension combonation that works for you and the type of player that you are. there really is no finite way to tell how long your string will last
    Drew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes of course those are things that you can add into it. I'm just saying that once we get used to the same stringer and string setting, from what I experienced, the durability is quite consistent with fair amount of variation. I never watched how my stringer did my rackets, but yeah 2lbs main and cross I'm sure of that otherwise the frame will look different (I saw one that had same lbs main and cross). Pre-stretch? No, as far as I know, he just pull 1lbs higher I think. Whether wise, it's not too extreme here in Sydney, most of the time we are hovering about 25 celcius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke my BG66 every week.. This been happened in 5 consecutive times in this month..
    I strung mine last week, it snapped and I borrowed friend racket, then I broke it as well.. I am about to buy a stringing machine..
    otherwise I am gonna broke.. (

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try another string ( e.g bg 65)
    You can change when you hit sweetspot constanty.
    I restrung my mx 80 with bg 66 um @ 13kg 3 weeks ago.
    And its still alive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally broke mine last Thursday nite. It lasted for about 2.5 months but I enjoy every bit of it. Only for the reason of not to injured myself further and making it more durable and well as trying a new string, I've decided to drop back to 28lbs with Victor VS850

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brale90 View Post
    Maybe you should try another string ( e.g bg 65)
    You can change when you hit sweetspot constanty.
    I restrung my mx 80 with bg 66 um @ 13kg 3 weeks ago.
    And its still alive
    Let see how bg 65 works this saturday.. hope there will be no more..
    'll be back for the difference review..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bg66 used to last a month max on my other rackets. but on my ti550 its been over 2 months and over 30 hours of play at 27lbs. hit a smash off center on my wilson k blaze, nanogy 98 26lbs didnt even last 10 hours. bg66 ultimax 26lbs still ok after 10 hours, trying out vs 850 at 27lbs, only played a few hours on it so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The previous string i have used the BG66 and BG66UM lasted about 1-2 1/2 months
    breaking at the sweet spot of course

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use BG80, 27lbs. usually last like a month or so (maybe 30 hours of play?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shouldn't this thread really be about how many hours of play rather than number of weeks/months?

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast