User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nr900 crisp string recommendation

Does anyone stringed on nr900 that has a crisp feel at about 28lbs? Current string is 66force and it has good power but just does not have the crisp touch to it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently tried 66 Force and it doesn't feel very nice to play on. Have you tried 66UM?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 77suns View Post
    Does anyone stringed on nr900 that has a crisp feel at about 28lbs? Current string is 66force and it has good power but just does not have the crisp touch to it?
    At higher tension you should change your string more often to get a crisp feel. For me the crisp feel last 1-2 weeks which means 10-20 hours of Play depending on string. Normally I change after 7-10 days.

I never tried the BG66Force, but the Ultimax dropped very fast and feel dull and dead quickly.

Actually BG80 and ZM62 works for me fine. Ask your Stringer for PS.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    At higher tension you should change your string more often to get a crisp feel. For me the crisp feel last 1-2 weeks which means 10-20 hours of Play depending on string. Normally I change after 7-10 days.

I never tried the BG66Force, but the Ultimax dropped very fast and feel dull and dead quickly.

Actually BG80 and ZM62 works for me fine. Ask your Stringer for PS.
    Ultimax does drop quite quickly, but Force felt spongey and dead from the start. It was quite an unpleasant experience.

80 retains its hard feeling quite nicely, not tried ZM62.

Will get back to you when I've tried Li Ning String No.1, which Rob3rt is reporting as quite hard and enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had not tried utimax but it drop tension really fast on my previous racket.
    BG80 is the string I am very careful with as it may turn out real stiff and and flat on the wrong type of racket.
    I am sure nr900 is a real good racket and hope I might not need to go real high tension to achieve the crispness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur 66force feel spongey after an hour of play when the string starts to settle into position.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care too much about the hard feel of BG80. String it 1lbs lower and you will be fine.