User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy YONEX NBG98 vs GOSEN G-TONE 5 vs LI NING NO.1

Would like to compare all of those 3 strings.
    I've tried all of these. But hard to make a decision which string to choose.

Yonex NBG98 = Power + Crispy hitting sound.
    Gosen G-Tone5 = Repulsive + Metallic sound
    Li Ning no.1 = Power + Metallic sound.

I'm a all round singles player.

Playing control & steady game. Reduce mistakes as much as possible.
    Good defense. Seldom smash. Only smash when i'm 100% confident can put opponent in threat .

(Victor BS12 blue main racket)
    1 game.
    10/10 control + defense
    8/10 smash & drive
    9/10 trick

Please help to choose either those 3 for my main string.
    (PS. Personally like the feeling of all those 3, that's why hard to decide)
    Appreciated for all BCers helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

If you are realy a player that plays a lot of deceptive and trick shots, why noy give a string with a rough surface a try like Yonex BG80?

Most say that it is a more control string..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Yes. My main string now using BG80. But i would like to try something more repulsive than it. BG80 feeling very hard feel. I would like medium feeling more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oke,

Yes BG80 is with a harder feel. To stay with Yonex you could try BG66Um also rough coating medium feel. I use BG80 as my main, also orderd a set of ng98 and BG66UM.

Also have one of my racket strung with Apacs Slayer 66 witch i love, dont know why, just love it..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really a die hard yonex fans. As long as i like the feeling. I don mind explore others brand too. Brand doesn't matter for me. I did try zymax65. It's very good. But a bit hard to find in Singapore. So after filter. I found these 3 strings. Which i feel very comfortable to... ☺

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always order strings from mybadmintonstore.com. I've gotten plenty of rackets, shoes, strings and other accessories ordering online from them. Free shipping to Canada, so it's probably even cheaper to ship to you since they're based in HK.

If all of them are okay for you, go for the cheapest one which is probably Gosen. Zymax is also quite inexpensive.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nbg98 is very slippery, control is compromised.

If you like ZM65, you should give ZM62 a try. As phaaam says, just get em from MBS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the NBG98. I find my smashes and clears very powerful with it, better than UM66. Also the net play and drops are superb, with the "help" of the slippery string. The only thing which I am not happy about is price - the cheapest I can find is around RM 35, and that's the price of the string only.

Li Ning No.1 is a very good string - repulsive, and doesn't lose tension easily. For the price of RM 26 each, this is my go-to string right now. Sadly not many shops are selling this string at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same as you. I like Li ning No.1 string too. But another side of Gosen G-Tone 5 hold tension very well too. Very close enough as Li ning No.1. But Not sure of which 1 more durable. Besides, Yonex BG66Force (new string) It's like a clone of Li Ning No.1 string for me. Thin gauge in metallic sounds. But so far can't judge anything else. I've strung NBG98, li ning no.1 , G-tone 5 & BG66Force @ 4pcs of BS12.
    I'll used it all for every game. Let's see which string break first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.P View Post
    I feel the same as you. I like Li ning No.1 string too. But another side of Gosen G-Tone 5 hold tension very well too. Very close enough as Li ning No.1. But Not sure of which 1 more durable. Besides, Yonex BG66Force (new string) It's like a clone of Li Ning No.1 string for me. Thin gauge in metallic sounds. But so far can't judge anything else. I've strung NBG98, li ning no.1 , G-tone 5 & BG66Force @ 4pcs of BS12.
    I'll used it all for every game. Let's see which string break first.
    Hi TOP any review?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results came with BG66F break first. Follow by NBG98, li Ning no.1. Gtone 5 the most last longer among them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really a die hard yonex fans. As long as i like the feeling. I don mind explore others brand too. Brand doesn't matter for me. I did try zymax65. It's very good. But a bit hard to find in Singapore. So after filter. I found these 3 strings. Which i feel very comfortable to... ☺
    Chris sell ZM65 since you are in Singapore

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    I love the NBG98. I find my smashes and clears very powerful with it, better than UM66. Also the net play and drops are superb, with the "help" of the slippery string. The only thing which I am not happy about is price - the cheapest I can find is around RM 35, and that's the price of the string only.

Li Ning No.1 is a very good string - repulsive, and doesn't lose tension easily. For the price of RM 26 each, this is my go-to string right now. Sadly not many shops are selling this string at the moment.
    but nbg 98 is as durable as bg 65 lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Yes. My main string now using BG80. But i would like to try something more repulsive than it. BG80 feeling very hard feel. I would like medium feeling more.
    Can you compare BG80 and Gosen G-Tone 5?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    Can you compare BG80 and Gosen G-Tone 5?
    Yes. As I did used both. BG80 & gtone 5 both very similar. Which has same rough texture surface coating. But BG80 rougher. In term of repulsion Gtone 5 slightly better. durability never go thru a proper test yet. But for me it's same durable. Gtone 5 feeling medium like BG66UM. But BG80 it's really hard string. But I still prefer BG80. Since I like that kind of metallic sound & BG80 slightly cheaper than Gtone 5.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. As I did used both. BG80 & gtone 5 both very similar. Which has same rough texture surface coating. But BG80 rougher. In term of repulsion Gtone 5 slightly better. durability never go thru a proper test yet. But for me it's same durable. Gtone 5 feeling medium like BG66UM. But BG80 it's really hard string. But I still prefer BG80. Since I like that kind of metallic sound & BG80 slightly cheaper than Gtone 5.
    Thanks! I've ordered G-Tone 5 and No. 1 and 5 to test.
    All thin strings I've tried so far are soft or medium feeling. Are there any hard feeling thin strings at all?